Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2321 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jesmcan
    I am with you Lady Di this is totally unbelievable. And the worst part is Angie is the manager there!! I can't believe she has not been fired yet either.
    Right? just awful

#2322 MichaelandAraceli

MichaelandAraceli
    • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by olsontco
      We used the videographer from the resort and they did a fabulous job. I would recommend them! i also went with an outside photographer and it worked great to then save a bit and use the resorts video. Let me know if you have any questions.
      Thanks for letting me know!
      Mike and Araceli
      The Royal Playa del Carmen
      December 18, 2010

http://tickers.Ticke....98b2/event.png

#2323 KB&JC

KB&JC
      • 70 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

Does anybody know who the photographer is that the hotel uses? I saw that with the luxury package some photos are included?
        Dreams Cancun
        May 14, 2011
        Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#2324 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KB&JC
          Does anybody know who the photographer is that the hotel uses? I saw that with the luxury package some photos are included?
          Hi,

Yes they use Funever Photos ::: Funever Photos :::

That is their website with their portfolio
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2325 jamk32179

jamk32179
          • 341 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

So, I finally heard from my WC who just sent me the classic wedding description again after I emailed her the package we wanted so she could start the contract. I also noticed on the new wedding package description there is a $400 surcharge for weddings after 4pm thursday-sunday. This wasn't the case 3 weeks ago when she initially emailed me the information. So, needless to say I am slightly frustrated. I was also quoted $350 vendor fee to bring in outside vendors, is this the same fees others are experiencing? It seems high?
            Thanks,
            Jen
            September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#2326 jesmcan

jesmcan
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jamk32179
              So, I finally heard from my WC who just sent me the classic wedding description again after I emailed her the package we wanted so she could start the contract. I also noticed on the new wedding package description there is a $400 surcharge for weddings after 4pm thursday-sunday. This wasn't the case 3 weeks ago when she initially emailed me the information. So, needless to say I am slightly frustrated. I was also quoted $350 vendor fee to bring in outside vendors, is this the same fees others are experiencing? It seems high?
              Thanks,
              Jen
              Hi Jen,

Unfortunetly these are part of the Royal's new policy's and the reason we chose not have our wedding reception there. However they were suppose to be honoring the old policy if you put a deposit down before December of this year. Do you have a TA? If so I would get in contact with her and have her call them.

#2327 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Yikes, I just noticed the 350.00 outside vendor charge, too. Insane.
                Is it typical to add 400.00 for the judge too on a Luxury package? I guess I assumed it would be included in the 3700.00 :-(.

#2328 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                  Is it typical to add 400.00 for the judge too on a Luxury package? I guess I assumed it would be included in the 3700.00 :-(.
                  Yes this fee has always been there. However when we were on our site visit Zulma the WC at the resort told us that if you book a master suite for 5 nights or more the judge is included. Sort of silly because those are two of the most expensive rooms so its not like they are really giving you a deal.

#2329 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                  • 5,078 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jesmcan
                    I am with you Lady Di this is totally unbelievable. And the worst part is Angie is the manager there!! I can't believe she has not been fired yet either.

wow, she's a manager?!? oh goodness.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jamk32179
                    Thanks,
                    Jen
                    Yikes, $350?? When I put down the deposit, it was $100. I'm gonna be bringing every single email to make sure they WILL honor their previous polices when I put down the deposit. This is a major bummer for you future brides.
                    Yeah, the fee always was there.

#2330 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                    • 712 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

Oh and if I don't post again today...

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter