Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1651 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,078 posts

    Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
    FYI- I check the Royal website from time to time and it looks as if they are changing things up again. The packages appear to be the same with the same prices that came out in May but they are now going to be doing an new "wedding Al a Carte" option. It looks as if its coming soon and that may change a lot of things for a lot of brides. Also, there are lots of extras on the new site for pricing different things and viewing ceremony sites and stuff.

    Planning your perfect weddings
    What does that mean? Does it mean we can pick whatever we want for the package? Does that mean I can opt out the makeup and etc?? I hope so because that would save me lot of money!!!

    #1652 ~Stephanie~

    ~Stephanie~
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,347 posts

      Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

      Not sure what it mean yet Lady Di, when its all up and running I guess we can navigate it and find out! Could me a good thing!
      ~Stephanie

      Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

      #1653 Lady_Di

      Lady_Di
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,078 posts

        Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
        Not sure what it mean yet Lady Di, when its all up and running I guess we can navigate it and find out! Could me a good thing!
        If that's the case, i hope they'll let us to customize our packages after signing the contract. Have you signed the contract? I did.

        #1654 ~Stephanie~

        ~Stephanie~
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,347 posts

          Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

          I was told you could change packages after the contract was signed. I asked because I wasn't sure which package I wanted.
          ~Stephanie

          Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

          #1655 Lady_Di

          Lady_Di
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,078 posts

            Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:45 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
            I was told you could change packages after the contract was signed. I asked because I wasn't sure which package I wanted.
            That is what I was told too but wasn't sure about that new al carte option...

            Where are you having your ceremony and reception?

            I am having mine at the beach and garden! I'm not sure if I should get a huppa for the beach or a dance floor for the reception. I have no idea if the garden's grass is comfortable for barefoot dancing (i.e. no ants and no prickly grass blades!)

            #1656 ~Stephanie~

            ~Stephanie~
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,347 posts

              Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

              I'm doing the Gazebo for the Ceremony and the Beach for the reception.
              ~Stephanie

              Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

              #1657 candicemarie

              candicemarie
              • Jr. Member
              • 271 posts

                Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by stevensFiance
                hi candice, Im dealing with a Kimberly R? is that the same one? Shes about a day off in responding back, but if you send the same email 2 or 3 times a day (lol) theres a 90% chance she will reply the same day. i just got all the menus she sent over and now we are going to pick for our tasting.
                Yes that's her! Hahaha! That's too funny about the multiple emails a day! I was so close to doing that earlier today but held back since I'm still not confirmed and didn't want to scare her off ha! Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks like that LOL! Thank you!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                Yeah, I have her too! She is a bit slow with responding e-mails but so far I've been direct but polite with her and she has been responding to my e-mails more quickly. Just be nice and sweet...emphasize that it is really important to you taht you get an idea what's going on. I was working with her and another girl named Alana Wolfman. Alana was faster with the replies but looks like I'm stuck with Kimberly...it is all good as long she reply to my email within a day! Lol.
                Ok thanks so much! I sent another this morning letting her know I'm ready to make a deposit for our date so hopefully that will get the ball rolling a little faster. At least we'll all 3 be in the boat w/Kimberly together haha!

                #1658 jesmcan

                jesmcan
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,091 posts

                  Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by stevensFiance
                  [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I understand the personal preference of PDC over Cancun, and I should be thinking of our guests. I guess we both just really like the idea of it in Cancun because we got engaged there. Our first vaca' we actually went to the bahamas and we always said thats where we were going to get married, however I didnt like one place we looked at in the bahamas, with the exception of the one and only club, but for the price they want we would rather getting married in NYC.
                  We also went through the menus that Kimberly sent us for our tasting I was told to pick 3 salads 3 entrees and 3 deserts, so Im going to list our choices and if any of you ladies had these selections or are going to have a tasting before Nov, I would just like your feed back. The only area we are stuck in is the chicken for the entree, they only have 2 options are both are stuffed with seafood. So that obvsiously wont work the people who dont eat seafood or steak, so we were thinking of having the pasta from the vegetarian menu as another option. Kim said the menus are the same for both Royals, so here goes.
                  Interesting the menu I got is pretty different? I do not remember seeing the items you listed. What is weird though the items I got are similar just diffrent meats lol here is what we are doing for our tasting,

                  Breaded chicken fillet with sesame seeds
                  Shrimps au coconut with mint sauce
                  Cantaloupe pearls with prosciutto & spearmint

                  Spring salad with goat cheese & almond oil
                  Caribbean salad with shrimp, smoked pineapple pesto & jasmine flower
                  Prosciutto with cantaloupe and Dijon mustard vinaigrette

                  Oyster cream soup with fried leek
                  Clam chowder with chopped vegetables au white wine
                  Princess cream soup with green vegetables au white wine flavor

                  Beef fillet with Dijon mustard, garnished with provencal herbs
                  Valentino beef fillet with pink pepper sauce & Jumbo shrimp
                  Beef fillet tournedo with three peppers sauce

                  Lime pie with strawberries
                  Paris chocolate shell stuffed with fruit au white Cinzano flavor
                  Tres Leches Cake


                  We are doing the ultimate luxury wedding package so we also get to taste the hors douvres. Do any of these items look familiar on your wedding menus? I am just curious because I was also told they were the same?
                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                  #1659 stevensFiance

                  stevensFiance
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 164 posts

                    Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jesmcan
                    Interesting the menu I got is pretty different? I do not remember seeing the items you listed. What is weird though the items I got are similar just diffrent meats lol here is what we are doing for our tasting,

                    Breaded chicken fillet with sesame seeds
                    Shrimps au coconut with mint sauce
                    Cantaloupe pearls with prosciutto & spearmint

                    Spring salad with goat cheese & almond oil
                    Caribbean salad with shrimp, smoked pineapple pesto & jasmine flower
                    Prosciutto with cantaloupe and Dijon mustard vinaigrette

                    Oyster cream soup with fried leek
                    Clam chowder with chopped vegetables au white wine
                    Princess cream soup with green vegetables au white wine flavor

                    Beef fillet with Dijon mustard, garnished with provencal herbs
                    Valentino beef fillet with pink pepper sauce & Jumbo shrimp
                    Beef fillet tournedo with three peppers sauce

                    Lime pie with strawberries
                    Paris chocolate shell stuffed with fruit au white Cinzano flavor
                    Tres Leches Cake


                    We are doing the ultimate luxury wedding package so we also get to taste the hors douvres. Do any of these items look familiar on your wedding menus? I am just curious because I was also told they were the same?
                    The only dish I dont have on my menu that you named is the one beef fillet that comes with the jumbo shrimp, everything else I have. I never told her which package I wanted, so was never told about tasting apps' or soups. I think im going to do the package before the one with the cocktail cruise.
                    He asked, I said YES!!! 1 <3 21 <3 04 - 5 <3 13 <3 08

                    #1660 traceyfranzel

                    traceyfranzel
                    • Newbie
                    • 69 posts

                      Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tutti1299
                      Has anyone looked into doing a dinner cruise for thier guests? Just wondering if you have any pricing.
                      We booked with Catamaya for our dinner cruise. I booked it on my own. This is our surprise thank you to all of our guests who are coming. It's a 3 1/2 hour cruise and can range from $1800 to around $2500 depending on the menu you choose. You also have to pay $10 per person for round trip transportation for all of your guest. I have heard great things about them! My travel agent highly recommened them!

                      :::::::::: CATAMAYA ::::::::::




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter