• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR
I am not sure about the one month before thing - that's the first I've heard of that.... FI and I are going down at the end of August and that is something that I have on my list in terms of things to ask about..
In terms of flowers... they seem expensive. I have been emailing her pics of stuff that I want - for example a callalilly bouquet would run me about $120 - so it would totally be worth it to do silk. I think that is what becks is doing...
I'm looking for the stuff I have on flowers... you can pretty much do anything you want. If you find a photo and send it to Perla, she can get you a price.

For me, I went with a silk bouquet and real lillies around the bamboo gazebo (not the bundles in the corners, but actually wrapped around and up the poles). The bouquet I wanted was $100 (the free one is white roses, which just aren't me), and the bouquet I got from Angels was... $100. So it was a toss-up. I figured I'd go with silk because that way I could keep it forever.

I found the files. I have two other bouquet pictures, but they are too big to post. This one isn't bad, though.

Attached Files

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#512 sdbtrflygrl

sdbtrflygrl
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hi Ladies....I have seriously just read 52 pages of your forum....we are still deciding on location so I might be an "official" member of this forum soon.

Does anyone have pictures of the different packages? I am comparing "Aqua" and "Chill Out".

Thank you!

#513 mexicanbridewithquestions

mexicanbridewithquestions
    • 149 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

I want my guests to have the opportunity to hang out togeher during the day. Did any of you plan events during the day or meet up spots? Is there a way to get a group of pool chairs reserved for you and your guests?

#514 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

Ladies, nenamono's review is up! Go check it out in the review section. Or here if I do this right... http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26117 http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26118 http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26119
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#515 yamille

yamille
        • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

thanks for the heads up kelly!

#516 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:51 AM

Thanks for the heads up! Just read through all three parts and it seems as thought everything went over pretty well.

We too hired DJ SWANK - I really hope it's not a total disaster..

#517 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mexicanbridewithquestions
            I want my guests to have the opportunity to hang out togeher during the day. Did any of you plan events during the day or meet up spots? Is there a way to get a group of pool chairs reserved for you and your guests?

We've asked, and begged and pleaded. Unless you are in Royal Service, they will not reserve, block or otherwise formally save chairs. You can always go down early and put a bunch of towels or whatever on them and hope no one moves them.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#518 nenamono

nenamono
            • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KLC77
              Ladies, nenamono's review is up! Go check it out in the review section. Or here if I do this right... http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26117 http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26118 http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26119
              You are quicker than me, you told everyone before I did LOL. Well I know there is tons I forgot so dont be afraid to ask.

Oh and on the paying one month in advance situation I was told the same thing and Im not sure if they were completely swamped or what but I emailed before we left and asked Perla about it she just told me to have everything ready when I arrived. Due to other weddings and conflictions I dont think I ended up paying until 3 days before the actual wedding. Turns out they did not charge me correctly either, they charged my cc in Pesos instead of the Dollar amount (I didnt even notice). After our wedding ended Perla came over to explain what happened and asked if I could meet with her in the morning to redo the remaing portion of the payment (I felt a little bad b/c it was her day off she was coming in just wrap this up). Due to weather and not having the reception outdoors we never ended up having some decor we requested Perla took this off the bill as well which Im not 100% sure would have been refunded if I had already paid in advance but I would certainly ask this question.

#519 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

Quick question:
                I haven't even received my estimated cost yet but I am just assuming that I will sometime soon. (?) I have had some emails with Perla and she has told me by the end of the week 2x's now. It's okay though I have done a rough estimate (thank you Missy for the spreadsheet) so that we could know what the budgeting was looking like. Do you '09 brides have that yet? I am assuming she is super swamped.

Thanks again for the review Michelle!

#520 Freckles

Freckles
                • 67 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

Congratulations Michelle! Thank you so much for your detailed reviews, your wedding looked amazing and you were a beautiful bride.

Do you mind if I ask where you got your cake topper? Its so cute.
                  Did you ever do a site visit or did you make all your decisions through email? We have been told we have to finalize the details a month ahead of time so that they have time to order things....was wondering if anyone else was told this and how easy would this be if we aren't doing a site visit?

Yamille - we havn't got our 09 pricing yet we are basing it on the 08 pricing and leaving room for the price increase as Im sure there will be one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter