Photo

dreams cancun photographer!!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#91 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

Sorry if this question has already been discussed...

How many hours are you booking the photographer for? I'm thinking of 6, but I was wondering what everyone else was thinking.

#92 bbpacco

bbpacco
    • 146 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
      Cecilia Dumas' Photography Packages--She included this in an email that she sent me a few days ago so they should be current.

Option N 1

2 Hours of services

70 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

5 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Group and Family Pictures

Total Price $800

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of pictures 150) $200

Option N 2

4 Hours of services

100 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

10 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride preparation

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Reception

Total Price $1600

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of 250 pictures) $200

Option 3

6 Hours of services

150 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

15 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride preparation

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Details, flowers, candles etc.

First dance

Cake Cut

Party Pictures

Total Price $2200

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of 400 pictures) $200

Option N 4

8 Hours of services

200 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

20 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride preparation

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Details, flowers, candles etc.

First dance

Cake Cut

Party Pictures

Total Price $2600

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of 550 pictures) $200

Special package for the following days after the wedding:

Trash your Dress!!

Bride & Groom in to the ocean!

1 Hour of services

20 copies 4x6 colour, black & white and sepia

3 copies 6x8

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken

Total Price $400

IMPORTANT

Hold the date payment: I request a deposit of 10% of the package selected to secure your Wedding Date. The balance in cash (U.S Dollars or Mexican pesos) or travelers checks from American Express only, the day of the wedding. * DEPOSITS ARE NOT RE-FUNDABLE

Photos delivery: Will be ready to 2 days after the wedding, if you leave before this time, I will send the photos by fast mail to your home address.

Thanks for your time.

Cecilia Dumas & Associate Photographer

Thanks for the price list!

#93 dc22173

dc22173
      • 240 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

Here is an email I got from Daniella on 5/20/09. I was asking about the photograph packages and if they had reconsidered their no outside vendor policy. It looks to me that they have reconsidered their policy I have emailed her back and told her that I will be bringing an outside photographer and that I wanted that language added to my contract. I still have not heard from her but she is not getting my deposit until this is in writing.

If you want to have a larger photo or video package this are not mixable with the ones you have included. There’s no discount on the upgrade you want to make.

For photographer we only work with Juan Navarro. If you want to hire Claudia there´s no day pass charge as well but you have to contact her directly. For using another photoghrapher or external supplier the charge Is $50 usd.

Thanks
        Daniella Castillo
        Wedding Assistant
        Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
        Tel. 52 (99 848-70-00 Ext. 7603
        Dto. 52 (99 848 - 7046
        Fax 52 (99 848-70-03

#94 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

Thats great!! gives me another bloody headache tho and i've just emailed the deposit wahhh!! lmao

Good news for everyone that is at the start of the process.

#95 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

Wow that ROCKS!!!!! Congrats ladies!

#96 bbpacco

bbpacco
            • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yeah! that's a great news!

#97 jaymielee

jaymielee
              • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

sounds like some good news for us!

i've been noticing all of these posts for the last few months regarding their "apparent" no outside photographer rules, and to be honest, i was never worried about it. i booked with dreams resort and sent in my deposit along with a signed contract well over 3 months ago. the contract never states anything about this "rule". i am flying in Nathaniel Thompson for 4 days and i would have thrown the biggest bridezilla fit anyone has ever seen if Daniella would have came back to me with this new policy of theirs after signing the contract with them. i just knew that she (they) couldn't really tell me "no". i mentioned to her in a few different emails before any contract was signed that i was having an outside photographer come in and she never said a word to me about it, and again, it states nothing of a no outside vendor policy in my contract. not to mention they never reply to any emails anyways (which i did send one regarding booking mine and my photographers room ahead of time... another reminder/indication of not using their photographer) so..... i guess i was never really too worried about it, even after reading post after post about it on here. how can she (they) say "no" to a guest/photographer who is staying at their resort for 4 nights?!

(is anyone else thinking they need to hire ANOTHER coordinator or assistant-assistant coordinator there? geez! their communication is horrible. i realize that this is their busy season, and i haven't even tried to contact them about any of the little details yet, but if i do contact them with an important question i would like to get a response back within a timely manner. ugh. so frustrating!)

so anyways.... "yay" to all of us brides who want an outside photographer, great news girls! :)

#98 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jaymielee
                  sounds like some good news for us!

i've been noticing all of these posts for the last few months regarding their "apparent" no outside photographer rules, and to be honest, i was never worried about it. i booked with dreams resort and sent in my deposit along with a signed contract well over 3 months ago. the contract never states anything about this "rule". i am flying in Nathaniel Thompson for 4 days and i would have thrown the biggest bridezilla fit anyone has ever seen if Daniella would have came back to me with this new policy of theirs after signing the contract with them. i just knew that she (they) couldn't really tell me "no". i mentioned to her in a few different emails before any contract was signed that i was having an outside photographer come in and she never said a word to me about it, and again, it states nothing of a no outside vendor policy in my contract. not to mention they never reply to any emails anyways (which i did send one regarding booking mine and my photographers room ahead of time... another reminder/indication of not using their photographer) so..... i guess i was never really too worried about it, even after reading post after post about it on here. how can she (they) say "no" to a guest/photographer who is staying at their resort for 4 nights?!

(is anyone else thinking they need to hire ANOTHER coordinator or assistant-assistant coordinator there? geez! their communication is horrible. i realize that this is their busy season, and i haven't even tried to contact them about any of the little details yet, but if i do contact them with an important question i would like to get a response back within a timely manner. ugh. so frustrating!)

so anyways.... "yay" to all of us brides who want an outside photographer, great news girls! :)
                  I don't think it's ever been an issue to have a guest who is also your photographer, because you're right, they can't really stop that, but it was more an issue of having a local photographer come in for the day (i.e. Cecilia Dumas, Elizabeth Medina, etc.). But if all it takes is a $50 day pass then I think that's fair and great news for all Dreams Cancun brides!

#99 BillysBride

BillysBride
                  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:45 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    His gallery looks pretty good. There are some really good shots in there. I think if it helps with your budget you should stick with the free photography.

I'm a little shocked by this dress. It looks like her crack would be showing.
                    Juan Navarro ... Photographer

I agree..I think Juan's pics look fine. VERY good when compared to other resort photography work. If it helps, go for it. I know we're pairing down and cutting corners wherever possible because we don't want this thing to bankrupt us.

And Morgan, shame on you. She is a pretty girl and I'm sure her crack looks beautimous showing through that lace.
                    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#100 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BillysBride
                      I agree..I think Juan's pics look fine. VERY good when compared to other resort photography work. If it helps, go for it. I know we're pairing down and cutting corners wherever possible because we don't want this thing to bankrupt us.

And Morgan, shame on you. She is a pretty girl and I'm sure her crack looks beautimous showing through that lace.
                      I'm sure she has a very beautiful crack, but I don't want to see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter