dreams cancun photographer!!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 tlomlad

tlomlad
  • Banned
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

My budget has taken a hit due to some unforseen factors and we are now considering just using the photog that comes with the package had anyone used them or seen pics or have any pics availble that i might be able to look at if so that would be an amazing help
    thanks girls!

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

Do you know the name of the company? Usually its a photography company that has a contract with the hotel. I found out the company that shoots at my hotel is called Foto Carribean. After knowing their name, it was much easier to find more info on them.

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

Here is the website for the photographer DC uses. I emailed him a few weeks ago to make sure he is still the one they use and he confirmed that he is.

Juan Navarro ... Photographer

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

His gallery looks pretty good. There are some really good shots in there. I think if it helps with your budget you should stick with the free photography.

I'm a little shocked by this dress. It looks like her crack would be showing.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

He gets little carried away with photoshop with this album.

Who am I to judge with my green scarf. <at the time I posted this my siggy pic was in B&W with a green scarf.>

#6 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
            • 338 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

Juan is so nice, you will be more than happy with his work...

#7 Gretchen

Gretchen
              • Banned
              • 416 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan

He gets little carried away with photoshop with this album.

Who am I to judge with my green scarf.
                You are too funny Morgan! I agree that he did get carried away in that one. A bit too much for my tastes. And, I was also confused by the GM attire - shorts with long sleeved shirts. Hmmmm....

I do like your green scarf though. Green is my fav color!

The photographer looks like he does a pretty good job for "free". I would take some examples of photos that you like for him to see what you are trying to see in your photos. Or email him and send him some things you like.
                Gretchen "GiGi"

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

I think his photos look really good. At the time when I was booking he didn't have a website and I couln't even get the name of the photographer from claudia for the longest time. I think if you don't have it in your budget to hire someone else, you'll still get beautiful photos from Juan.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Gretchen
                    You are too funny Morgan! I agree that he did get carried away in that one. A bit too much for my tastes. And, I was also confused by the GM attire - shorts with long sleeved shirts. Hmmmm....

I do like your green scarf though. Green is my fav color!

The photographer looks like he does a pretty good job for "free". I would take some examples of photos that you like for him to see what you are trying to see in your photos. Or email him and send him some things you like.
                    I noticed the shorts, but I didn't realize they were wearing long sleeves. That's odd. Juan should photoshop some pants on those guys.

One of the concerns about using the hotel photographer is that they don't have a reputation to maintain & may not really care about your wedding. Often they are photographing for a company, not under their name. So I think using Juan is safer because he has his own comany and it looks like he takes pride in his work. The photographer my hotel would give me comes from a company that takes pictures of employees on risers for corporate stuff. I also think it is good that you can see a whole wedding, not just a collection of favorites. If he was my hotel's photographer I wouldn't have hired someone else.

#10 tlomlad

tlomlad
                    • Banned
                    • 1,949 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

thanks alot girls this really helps me i am going to email him and see if he has anything else he could send me and thats a great idea about giving him some examples of the style that i like i was also going to ask him if i could pay him extra so he would take care of us since its included i could afford to pay him something on the side!! If anyone else out there has actuallu used him and might have some pics that would be great to.
                      thank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users