Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pinkchick

EDR beauty services - advice please!!

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Im getting married at EDR on the 26th March and I was wondering if I need to book my hair appointment for the wedding day before I go or can I book it when I get there??

I assume it is worth booking a hair rehersal too! Does the hairdresser come to your room or will I need to go to the salon?

 

Also, I've heard some reports that the acrylic nails they do aren't great so I was thinking I would maybe get them done before I go just to make sure they are what I want.

 

Only 10 weeks to go! So excited!!! But sooo want it to be perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to book any beauty appointments before you get there. I was under the impression that we need to schedule this stuff when we order stuff like flowers and other decorations....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am working with Valeria and she set up my appointments for my hair, makeup and nails. I have also heard that the manicures were not that great, but we will be there for four days before the wedding and it leaves me little options.

I was wondering the same thing about asking the hairdresser to come to the room, but since my bridesmaids and mothers will be getting their hair done as well it would probably be best to just go to the salon!

 

40 days!!! Cannot Wait!cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies :) I had originally booked with Valeria to have it done in the room- she wrote back saying they don't do the hairstyles in the room anymore- only at the salon....

I am trying to just get my nails done before we leave-- and am booking the "wine bath" at the spa the morning of the wedding- sounds amazing- and will be nice to have a hour to myself before the chaos sets in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkchick View Post
Hi,

Im getting married at EDR on the 26th March and I was wondering if I need to book my hair appointment for the wedding day before I go or can I book it when I get there??
I assume it is worth booking a hair rehersal too! Does the hairdresser come to your room or will I need to go to the salon?

Also, I've heard some reports that the acrylic nails they do aren't great so I was thinking I would maybe get them done before I go just to make sure they are what I want.

Only 10 weeks to go! So excited!!! But sooo want it to be perfect!

Will check with my wife for more specifics if you want, but here's my two cents...

Valeria really wanted us to book everything before we got there. I assume she makes some kind of commission on everything she books, thus the urging we got. While there's really no reason not to book ahead, it didn't seem at all necessary. Actually, when we go there and checked on the hair/pedicures/etc, they weren't on the books. We just had them add it there, and it was no problem.

You can check our wedding pics that Noelle Roberts took and see some of the girls at the spa the morning of the wedding. Noelle Roberts Photography Click on Client Proofing and then enter password Trash (case sensitive.)

I think everyone in our group got their nails done before coming down, but I'm not positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am booking with Valeria my hair in advance. She recommended getting your hair done 4 hrs before the ceremony.

 

I wasn't planning on doing a trial cause I don't think I'm going to get anything too complicated. And I was going to get gel nails before I came down - I got a set before the holidays to test them out. Real gel nails look fantastic as a french manicure. Make sure if you get them to not get a layer of gel over acrylics.

 

 

Brigopens - your pics are fab. You're wifey looked gorgeous and I loved the TTD pics. Can you find out if she did a hair trial and if they had flowers for her hair in the salon or if she had to preorder them? Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post
Will check with my wife for more specifics if you want, but here's my two cents...

Valeria really wanted us to book everything before we got there. I assume she makes some kind of commission on everything she books, thus the urging we got. While there's really no reason not to book ahead, it didn't seem at all necessary. Actually, when we go there and checked on the hair/pedicures/etc, they weren't on the books. We just had them add it there, and it was no problem.

You can check our wedding pics that Noelle Roberts took and see some of the girls at the spa the morning of the wedding. Noelle Roberts Photography Click on Client Proofing and then enter password Trash (case sensitive.)

I think everyone in our group got their nails done before coming down, but I'm not positive.

Thanks for info! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
Hey ladies :) I had originally booked with Valeria to have it done in the room- she wrote back saying they don't do the hairstyles in the room anymore- only at the salon....
I am trying to just get my nails done before we leave-- and am booking the "wine bath" at the spa the morning of the wedding- sounds amazing- and will be nice to have a hour to myself before the chaos sets in!
What is a wine bath? title sounds good :) but what does it exactly entail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the advice!!

 

My wedding co-ordinator has been Monica and although she has been ok, she doesn't fill me with confidence! Does Valeria have the same email address? From the things I have read, I think i'd rather deal with her!

 

With regards to hair, is anyone taking pictures of what they want with them, or does anyone know if they have some kind of portfolio? I dont know what I want yet so thought maybe I could get ideas from hairdressers there. Are teh hairdressers any good?

 

I had my nails done at home 3 weeks ago and they are still perfect now so I think I might get them done the day before I fly out. Plus I think i'll do my own make-up.

 

When is everyone else going out there? We arrive 18th March!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post
Brigopens - your pics are fab. You're wifey looked gorgeous and I loved the TTD pics. Can you find out if she did a hair trial and if they had flowers for her hair in the salon or if she had to preorder them? Thanks!!
Thanks for the compliments... My wife did look totally amazing, actually all 10 days we were there!!! You only got to see 3 of the days. :-)

I know that she didn't do a hair trial. She had an idea of what she wanted and just told the lady. She was very happy with how they did it. I will check on the flowers. I know that she didn't order flowers for her hair. Just the bridal and bridesmaid's bouquets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×