rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twelve_piece
    Hey Morgan,

thanks for the inspiration! I couldn't fit travel mugs into my budget so I got these cups at Target last weekend (50cents each) and bought some rub-ons to put everyone's first initial on their cup. I still want to put a palm tree on the other side but haven't found a rub-on yet. The guys get the white and orange and the girls get the light pink or dark pink.
    Sorry pic is so big... can't seem to resize it...also can't get siggy any bigger GRRRRRRRRR
    I saw those last week. They are the exact same cups, just in different colors. They look cute!

#32 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

Okay Morgan...I'm jumping on your DIY cup bandwagon. My FI said I have already done too much - but I don't care! I want cups!

Now...are there any special kinds of rub ons? I have three coupons for Michaels for 40% off and I am determined to make these cups!

What kind of pen is it? Just a permanent marker? Won't it scratch off of the plastic?
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#33 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
        Okay Morgan...I'm jumping on your DIY cup bandwagon. My FI said I have already done too much - but I don't care! I want cups!

Now...are there any special kinds of rub ons? I have three coupons for Michaels for 40% off and I am determined to make these cups!

What kind of pen is it? Just a permanent marker? Won't it scratch off of the plastic?
        I got rubons at ACMoore. They have them at Michael's too. The pen is a paint pen. It was in an aisle with wood stuff. It all stays on even in the dishwasher.

Post them when you are done!

#34 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
        • 794 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

I took Morgan's advice and went to Target. I got the cups for $.40 a piece. I went to Hobby Lobby to get the paint pen and decal rub ons. Which the rub ons take a while so I spent a good 3 hours to make 15 cups.

I apologize for the crappy pics. My digital is broken right now and in the shop! Such a pain!
          Mine didn't come out very uniformed = ) more like a creative mess but I enjoyed making them and I know my guests will love them. I just put the rub ons everywhere = )

Anyways, here are a few:

Click the image to open in full size.

HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
          http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#35 AmandaR

AmandaR
          • 241 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

I'm loving the DIY cup idea! I wanted to get cups or mugs printed, but the cost was outrageous or I would have to get waaaaay too many. I just added something else to my list!

Amanda

#36 Rache1124

Rache1124
            • 106 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=monicabrandon2008;343900]I took Morgan's advice and went to Target. I got the cups for $.40 a piece. I went to Hobby Lobby to get the paint pen and decal rub ons. Which the rub ons take a while so I spent a good 3 hours to make 15 cups.

I apologize for the crappy pics. My digital is broken right now and in the shop! Such a pain!
              Mine didn't come out very uniformed = ) more like a creative mess but I enjoyed making them and I know my guests will love them. I just put the rub ons everywhere = )

Ok, so did you paint all of those cute sayings on there? Or did you do Morgans thing where you made your own rub-ons I can get these supplies at Michaels

I love these girls!!! I'm motivated again to do more projects!!!!!

#37 alex

alex
              • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

For any Canadian girls wanting to do something like this... I found some cute plastic cups at Dollarama today. They come 4 in a pack for $1! At my store they had pink, orange, green & aqua. They were decent quality too, not overly thin/cheap feeling!

#38 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                • 794 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Ok, so did you paint all of those cute sayings on there? Or did you do Morgans thing where you made your own rub-ons I can get these supplies at Michaels

I love these girls!!! I'm motivated again to do more projects!!!!![/QUOTE]

The sayings are rub-ons. I didn't make them though. If you go to the scrapbooking section of any craft store they have packages of decal rub-ons. Good luck and show us your finished project! = )
                  HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                  http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#39 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
                  • 1,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

wow Morgan, awesome!

#40 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

Monica, your cups turned out so cute. The rub-ons do take a while. I just plop in front of the TV & do them so it doesn't feel like it takes forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users