Photo

Got a condo YEAH!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dgsjsu

dgsjsu
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:34 AM

We just found out that we got a condo for the week after our wedding on Oahu a block away from the beach. I have never been to Waikiki but am very excited....if anyone has been there can you tell me what there is do to there? I have searched online but it is so hard to really know what to do.

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

Congrats, thats awesome!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

In Waikiki there is a lot to do, it's the busy area. Lots of restaurants, shops, clubs, and people...lol I've never taken any tours there but I'm sure they have plenty. Are you renting a car? Driving around the island will be really fun, plenty of gorgeous, less crowded areas to be found. Fun!

#4 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

Congrats! Your honeymoon will be great. Have any pics?
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
          • 530 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

Congrats on getting your condo! I've spent 8 weeks on that Island and my wife and I were just in Waikiki in Sept. for a week. Oahu is a super fun Island and had plenty of fun things do to.

here is my must do list every time I go to Oahu
            • go to the Westin Surfrider hotel and have a guy tai - the best Mai Tai on the Island
            • go to the North Shore via the likelike hwy. On the way you will see the shrimp shacks... we like Romy's. There a few photos on my blog from that trip.
            • Stop off at the Dole pineapple plantation while your on that trip.
            • walk down Ala Moana in the evening. Lots of things and people (street performers) to watch.
            • if you drive south, you can see a giant blow hole and a beach called Sandy's. The waves break right on the sand. When it gets big ambulances stand by.

hope that gets you started!

nic

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

Congrats! You will have a blast.

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

Ooh, North Shore and the Dole Plantation, good ones Nic! Beautiful places.

If time allows, try to visit Kailua and/or Lanikai (they are adjacent to one another). Absolutely beautiful beaches, and there are surf shops where you can rent boards/kayaks/etc by the hour or day.

There are tiny islands you can kayak too off of Lanikai, the water is very clear and pretty. You will feel a world away from the hustle of Waikiki, but it isn't too far of a drive.

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:15 AM

I was in Waikiki for new years a few years ago, and there's an underwater national park about 30 minutes out of town - the snorkeling was amazing. I'm struggling to find the name, but I'll post it if I find it. Highly recommend it.

Also, there is a little divey coffee shop kitty-corner to the entrance to the Hilton Hawaiian Village that has the BEST breakfasts. We ate their every morning.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 dgsjsu

dgsjsu
                • 70 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

Thank you for all the info. We are both very excitied. We are probably going to rent a car and go to the Dole plantation. We had also thought about going to the Pearl Harbor Memorial. I also decided that we are going to do our TTD there....Hoepfully the week goes by slow, even though I dont think it will.

#10 Saraha

Saraha
                  • 2,597 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:25 AM

how exciting, I went about 4 years ago. But only for about 3 days. Of course you have to do a luau... we also did snorkeling, parasailing, jetsking.... We went over new years eve so on the main strip where all the hotels are there was tons going on. I dont know if its usually like that but there was tons of night life in the main area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users