Photo

ROR - how to best hand out my guest's favours...?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by md_ocr
    Lizz, what are you printing on your vistaprint postcard. I'm toying with this idea also, but i'm not sure of what i should say.
    Here you go:
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13070

#12 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
    • 802 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

Great!! Thanks Lizz! Did the "Please Post Stamp Here" already come printed on your postcards or did you do that yourself? I'm asking because I've ordered postcards from vistaprint before and they never come with that section.

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by md_ocr
        Great!! Thanks Lizz! Did the "Please Post Stamp Here" already come printed on your postcards or did you do that yourself? I'm asking because I've ordered postcards from vistaprint before and they never come with that section.
        Yes, it came with it. You can choose different back sides for the postcards and that is one of the options.

#14 pouchie

pouchie
        • 189 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jmhein
          Pouchie, where are you having your welcome mixer?
          I haven't decided yet. I thought I would get out there and see which bar would work best for 60 people. I didn't want to pay to have the mixer, $10.00 per person adds up fast. Are you having one when you get down there??

#15 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pouchie
            I haven't decided yet. I thought I would get out there and see which bar would work best for 60 people. I didn't want to pay to have the mixer, $10.00 per person adds up fast. Are you having one when you get down there??
            I agree, I dont want to pay either! :) I am hoping to be able to reserve a table for 40 at St Ann's Buffet and we can all just meet there for breakfast the morning after everyone arrives! I emailed Chandlyn to see if it can be done!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#16 Ilandking

Ilandking
            • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Hey guys, we're actually going to be giving ours out at the airport. With the amount of things we have to bring and and Skyservice is a charter, might as well have everyone share the load...basically all we will have is a bag with sunscreen and printed beach towels...tryin to keep it simple

#17 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ilandking
                Hey guys, we're actually going to be giving ours out at the airport. With the amount of things we have to bring and and Skyservice is a charter, might as well have everyone share the load...basically all we will have is a bag with sunscreen and printed beach towels...tryin to keep it simple
                I thought about this too but our group is split up with some driving down and flying out of the East US, one flying out of Toronto, some flying out of Vancouver, and us flying out of Calgary! So I think it will be more fair for everyone for us to just hand out at once when we are there. But I am glad this works for you, it would be way simpler than what I have to do!
                One thing to keep in mind with the sunscreen - I dont think they will let that ON the plane in carry-on since it classifies as a liquid/gel, so your guests will have to put it in their checked baggage. :)
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#18 JamaicaBride08

JamaicaBride08
                • 110 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

We actually handed most of our bags out at Christmas with a Welcome/Info/Itinerary/Packing List Guide (similar to MoBride's w/ some tweaks). It worked out really well because it made everyone super excited and interested. The rest, we are handing out at our Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties in a week, and we'll end up mailing a few out. We just didn't want to deal w/ bringing them or shipping them to Jamaica. We do know that there is a chance a few may forget their mugs, but we did put it on the packing list!

#19 Ilandking

Ilandking
                  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:13 AM

oooooooh thanks alot JamaicaBride08 , now you tell me lol....that was a great idea....oh well back to the drawing board....are you having two sets of gifts?

#20 JamaicaBride08

JamaicaBride08
                    • 110 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ilandking
                      oooooooh thanks alot JamaicaBride08 , now you tell me lol....that was a great idea....oh well back to the drawing board....are you having two sets of gifts?
                      We also are giving our Wedding Party gifts at the Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties. Again, we just made sure that we put everything on the packing list...if they need to remember their dresses, they should remember the jewelry and mugs. I give credit to the people who ship their stuff or bring it along, but I didn't want the extra stress. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users