Sign in to follow this  
JENGONDA9

A fun idea for your spare change...

Our good friends got so used to saving their spare change for the wedding expenses that they decided to keep doing it afterward. Now they save all year and cash it in right before their anniversary. They use it to go out for a really extravagant dinner or get a night at a cool hotel.

I think we are going to do this too!

Cain and I have been doing this since we met. At first we would put money in the jar when we had private time :-) then we started to just throw in all our change. And we don't touch it until our next planned vacation. With the money we saved we plan something special to do with it.

I don't use cash, but I started a keep the change savings account with BofA basically they round up all your purchases to the nearest dollar and deposit the left over money to your account. They match your savings for the first three months and then give you 5% a year. So far our account has realy added up.

Nice!! Wedding planning has made us realize how easy it is to save money. We've saved before, but never to this level. We're excited thinking of how much we can save after the wedding when there aren't so many expenses to spend the money on!