A fun idea for your spare change...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• 163 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

Our good friends got so used to saving their spare change for the wedding expenses that they decided to keep doing it afterward. Now they save all year and cash it in right before their anniversary. They use it to go out for a really extravagant dinner or get a night at a cool hotel.

I think we are going to do this too!
    Jen & Aaron
    January 13, 2007

#2 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

Definitly, I think as a general rule everyones change should be saved towards their next vacation.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#3 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

Cain and I have been doing this since we met. At first we would put money in the jar when we had private time :-) then we started to just throw in all our change. And we don't touch it until our next planned vacation. With the money we saved we plan something special to do with it.

#4 destinationbride07

• 631 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:27 PM

We dump our money every week in our change jar..once time we cashed in we had 500 bucks! So great idea!

#5 runnernikki

• 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

We save all year long and then cash in the coins to fund whatever we're doing for New Years. this usually involves traveling and it's almost always covered by all the change we saved.

#6 Christine

• VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

I don't use cash, but I started a keep the change savings account with BofA basically they round up all your purchases to the nearest dollar and deposit the left over money to your account. They match your savings for the first three months and then give you 5% a year. So far our account has realy added up.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:30 AM

John & I have always done this - we can easily save $500-600 in a couple of months!!

#8 starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

Nice!! Wedding planning has made us realize how easy it is to save money. We've saved before, but never to this level. We're excited thinking of how much we can save after the wedding when there aren't so many expenses to spend the money on!

#9 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

As a Canadian with loonies ($1) and toonies ($2) our change really adds up fast. I have often had $10-$16 in my change purse.
                  Like our first kiss all over again

#10 MagsieMexico

• 420 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

Seriously, in England with 1 and 2 pound coins too... We should definitely start doing this, great idea ladies!
                    Margaret & Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users