Photo

Target Registry Rules

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Saraha

Saraha
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

What a bummer, I love target too!! Well I bet they are losing alot of business due that.... hopefuly anways!!!

#12 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
    • Banned
    • 381 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
      Hmmmm, makes me want to look into getting what ever I registered for from Target, elsewhere. Going to see if it matters.... (ie if I even registered for anything nice there, cuz the only one I really care about is BBB and Ten Thousand Villages)
      Sorry - offf topic - but Carly, I LOVE Ten Thousand Villages! I discovered it in Alexandria, VA when I lived in the DC area. Here in Indy it is called Global Gifts, but it is part of the same group. I LOVE THAT PLACE! I collect Nativity sets from there - they're the best!

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

Finally, someone who knows the store! Everytime I tell someone I love it, or I registered there, they are like "Huh?". I go in and I just wander around for hours and it's only a tiny little store.
        Sorry - offf topic - but Carly, I LOVE Ten Thousand Villages! I discovered it in Alexandria, VA when I lived in the DC area. Here in Indy it is called Global Gifts, but it is part of the same group. I LOVE THAT PLACE! I collect Nativity sets from there - they're the best!

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

Derek's sis registered there about 2 years ago and she had the same problem returning things. It was so stupid. I'm not sure if i'm going to register there because of it.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

I think I know what I will be doing at lunchtime! Un-registering at Target and finding the good elsewhere!

#16 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

I was at Target returning a duplicate Christmas item with no receipt. We got $7 for the item, since that was it's lowest price. It's value was $12. We were told that we can only return 2 items in one year without a receipt.

This doesn't make a wedding registry at Target very intriguing.

Also, here is the link to their return policy.

Online Return & Exchange Policy for Purchases & Gifts : Returning Online Purchases & Gifts : Returning : Target

#17 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

We actually just "un-registered" from Target for this very reason. Plus I have noticed their general customer service is lacking AND they are a MN company so you would think the big-wigs would in the stores all the time checking that crap out.

#18 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by yari2566
                  I was at Target returning a duplicate Christmas item with no receipt. We got $7 for the item, since that was it's lowest price. It's value was $12. We were told that we can only return 2 items in one year without a receipt.

This doesn't make a wedding registry at Target very intriguing.

Also, here is the link to their return policy.

Online Return & Exchange Policy for Purchases & Gifts : Returning Online Purchases & Gifts : Returning : Target
                  wasn't it annoying, it made me want to ban target forever!

I said something to the lady about them losing a lot of business, obviously she doesn't give a crap, she's just running the register, but I wanted to get mad at someone, so it was her

#19 LisaG

LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

I've always heard the return policy was ridulous there, but I honestly had no probs returning anything....and I returned tons of stuff. The only thing they made me do was print my registry and made sure the items I was returing was on there then they gave me store credit.

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

I just un-registered there as well today. I have enough headaches, if I can avoid even one, it's all worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users