Is RSVP card necessary?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

So I decided to send invites (I was thinking maybe not since I already know who's coming and who isn't) but I am wondering if an an rsvp card is necessary? What I mean is I am going to include it...but I don't want them to mail it back to me. I am wondering if it's okay to just put on there, please rsvp at our website.... All of our guests have email except maybe 2 and for them I can send the rsvp card..but I also already know they will be coming.

I just didn't know if this was tacky??

#2 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:34 AM

I don't think it's tacky at all. In fact, I think it's a cute idea to include a "RSVP card" that says to respond on the website. It's very 2008.

My sister told me about someone she knows who sent Evites as her wedding invitations. There are no rules anymore, you can do whatever you want.

#3 ticia277

ticia277
      • 212 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

If you know who booked, then you don't need an RSVP. Instead of an RSVP, we're including other info like 'Travel Information' , 'Spanish Phrases' & Resort Info.
        Loving Married Life!

#4 Jentwo

Jentwo
        • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:37 AM

I agree with Jen. Besides, they may think you're even being silly by asking for a mailed reply when you already know!

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ticia277
            If you know who booked, then you don't need an RSVP. Instead of an RSVP, we're including other info like 'Travel Information' , 'Spanish Phrases' & Resort Info.
            So are you sending the invites to the people you know are not coming?

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:46 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NYJen
              I don't think it's tacky at all. In fact, I think it's a cute idea to include a "RSVP card" that says to respond on the website. It's very 2008. That's true....it's this day and age...

My sister told me about someone she knows who sent Evites as her wedding invitations. There are no rules anymore, you can do whatever you want.
              Damn! I should have done that...

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jentwo
              I agree with Jen. Besides, they may think you're even being silly by asking for a mailed reply when you already know!
              Well, that s what I was thinking...that maybe they would wonder why...

Thanks!

#7 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
              • Banned
              • 381 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:33 AM

I agree with the others. It would be totally fine to have people RSVP online. Especially since you know they all have access.

#8 fogdog

fogdog
                • 170 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:13 AM

Well, I was totally with you about not "needing" the RSVP card for similar reasons but then FI said he wanted them - who knew...
                  Anyway, I ended up doing them and for the few weeks after we sent the invites, it was so fun opening up the mailbox every day and getting the cards! It really added to the excitement and several guests wrote us little notes in them. So, if it's not a big deal to send them, I would, but if you're really against it, then it's no big deal. But, you might race home to get the mail every day!
                  Bridget and Brian
                  Los Cabos 11/17/07

#9 ticia277

ticia277
                  • 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by michelle08
                    So are you sending the invites to the people you know are not coming?
                    Nope! They got a nice phone call mid December saying we're sorry you can't make it.. blah blah. We only invited family, so it's not such a big deal.
                    Loving Married Life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users