Finally decided on location! The Royal!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jentwo

• 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

After weeks of waiting, my FI finally decided to agree we should have our wedding/reception at the Royal in PDC! I'm very excited and am looking forward to moving on with the decisions and planning! I have pictures I can share if anyone is interested - I'm just not sure how to upload yet...

Overall the rooms were great, the grounds of the resort were gorgeous, food was good (even the room service was quick!), and the staff was pleasant. I've seen so many cute STD and invites, I can't wait to create mine! If there are other brides out there that want to chat about the Royal, let me know! I'm getting married in Nov. 2008.

#2 neen

• 633 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:38 AM

Congrats on making the decision, that must be a relief! Now its time to have fun with the details...yay!

#3 athena

• 76 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

Congrats!! We are planning on getting married there as well in early December. We picked this resort as we had stayed there before and loved it. Let the planning begin!!!
        Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long

#4 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

Congratulations on picking the location. That was by far the hardest decision we had to make so far. The rest will just fall into place. Happy planning.

#5 MrsV-to-be

• 554 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

Congratulations!! that is probably the hardest decision in the whole DW process! I love the resort you picked too - although I haven't been there, it was my other top contender! enjoy the next part of planning!!

#6 dreamstbride

• 161 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

Congrats :) You've picked a beautiful resort!

FH and I were in PDC a lil while back and we had a chance to scope out The Royal... Very nice choice! :) the beaches surrounding it are amazing! You wont be disappointed with the atmosphere! :)

Best of luck! Happy Planning

#7 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

Congrats on your decision!

#8 monicabrandon2008

• 794 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Congrats!!! Now you get to do all of the fun details! Enjoy!
                  HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!

#9 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

I love The Royal - it's my favorite hotel I've been to so far. Your guests are going to loooove it! Congratulations!!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

Is the Royal right in downtown PDC??

DH and I stayed at EDR for our honeymoon, but went into PDC one night with the resort van, we passed a hotel as the bus was finding a place to park, and it was gorgeous, but I can't remember the name, for some reason The Royal sounded familiar. PDC has a lot to do too, shopping, eating, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users