• Banned
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

to the forum!

#12 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Welcome! I think yours will be our first Italian wedding...I know we did have 1 in Greece. You'll have amazing pictures...I hope you'll share them.

Let us know if we can help with anything.
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#13 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hi and welcome!

#14 royfa

royfa
      • 2,201 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

Welcome to the forum!
        Fannie & Pierre

#15 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

to the forum!

#16 HeyTigerlily

HeyTigerlily
          • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. This site is fabulous! I would love to share my experience and impart any advice for those interested in a wedding in Rome. I will definitely share my post wedding pictures too!

Heidi, I can’t believe I found my wedding date twin. Especially because Friday weddings aren’t all that common. But hey! The same rules don’t apply with destination weddings.

Hi Twinkletoes! My fiance and I chose Italy because we are both travel junkies and history buffs. So we wanted to get married someplace romantic with tons of history. So Rome fit the bill! Paris was an option, but it seemed that the Italian language was a little less insurmountable than the French language. :)

Jessalyn, out of curiosity, did the champagne before the ceremony help with nerves? hehe.

#17 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi Lili! So exciting to be getting married in Rome! I lived in Italy (in Siena) for a while... and I miss it terribly!!!! If you need any assistance with language stuff, tips on getting around Rome/Italy etc. Let me know, I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Where are you staying in Rome? So many fantastic venues!

Last year my FI and I took his parents to Rome to do a renewal of vows for his parent's 50th anniversary. They're catholic, parents came over from Italy, etc. so it made great sense. We had the ceremony at the Basilica di San Silvestro in Capite - Fr. John Fitzpatrick. All in English (they don't parla), it was WONDERFUL!! I know you'll have the most spectacular experience!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#18 HeyTigerlily

HeyTigerlily
            • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

Hi Becks!

Thanks for your offer of assistance. :) You are SO lucky to have lived in Italy. And in Siena! Oh the wonderful wine you must have drank. I can only dream. Your FI's parent's 50th anniversary must have been so lovely.

Let's see...we are planning to stay at Relais Pierret in Piazza di Spagna. We stayed there when we were there last May and just loved it. The hotel overlooks the Spanish Steps, so at night we would leave the windows open to see/hear the guitarists playing music. I didn't mind the sound of the crowds at all. It was just so romantic.

One of our activities with our guests is to have everyone meet at the Spanish Steps to have a glass/bottle of Prosecco. Just something memorable that our guests can say they have done in their life...

#19 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by HeyTigerlily
                Heidi, I can’t believe I found my wedding date twin. Especially because Friday weddings aren’t all that common. But hey! The same rules don’t apply with destination weddings.
                I KNOW! I was sure I wouldn't meet anyone with that date, YAY!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users