traveling starfish

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

i wasn't sure where to put this thread...

anyone know where the traveling starfish is? or who's taking care of it?

tia!

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Courtney is in charge of it (but correct me if I'm wrong!).

#3 coreyphil

coreyphil
      • 497 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

I though that Jill (Jak27) had it at her wedding, but I don't remember hearing it mentioned since ...

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

Ladies, Shelley has taken over the starfish, however the mods all decided that because we had a few people go MIA after they had been given a starfish and never sent it on to the next person, it is no longer something everyone is doing. At this point its going to only be active members who are more senior to the forum, but that being said anyone can buy their own starfish. Some people have had to buy a couple of starfish and it is really sad when someone who was promised to have it doesn't get it sent to them in time for their wedding.
        Sorry to be a downer about it. If you have any further questions please PM a mod.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christine
          At this point its going to only be active members who are more senior to the forum

Define "senior" :)

#6 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:59 AM

Oh yeah...I never knew this and just assumed it was all still a go.

I totally understand though! How rude of some people to not be courteous to return the favor!!!

I think I will just buy one for myself, just to be safe...and then I am not sure if I need to keep it or not so I could always donate it..

Here is an idea...instead of just giving them to everyone..since apparently the honor system didn't work...maybe everyone can rent them and maybe since they have a vested interest, they may follow through? Then the money can go into a fund for all the BDW gifts and stuff that get sent? Or, they can put up a deposit and get it refunded once they pas sit on....

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

I will pass along your suggestions to Shelley and Martha as far as senior, its more about being an active member. I think it was just decided that people who only stop by once in a while or are really new, and we don't know them well enough to know that they will not flake.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:39 PM

so how do i know if i'm senior enough? i was hoping to have it as my something borrowed....

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lauren c.
                so how do i know if i'm senior enough? i was hoping to have it as my something borrowed....
                Lauren, let me see when your wedding is, we have 2 starfish right now, that is it, and there are so many weddings coming up. I know a lot of the girls are buying there own and then passing it on when they are done because we just don't have enough of them to go around right now.

#10 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

thanks shelley, i'd appreciate it...i have no problem buying one, but would have nothing borrowed....i can also send it home w/ my parents and they can mail it as soon as they get home (2/19).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users