Christmas presents....

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

Amazon.com: Used and New: Salvador Dali: 1904-1989: The Paintings, 1904-1646 (Midi)

Is this it? It's $14 used.

Salvador Dali: ISBN 9783822838228

Barnes*&*Noble.com - Books: Salvador Dali, by Robert Descharnes, Hardcover, Anniversar

Edit: I think the first ones were softcover. Here it is around $30 hardcover
    Amazon.com: Salvador Dali: The Paintings, 1904 - 1989: Books: Robert Descharnes,Gilles Neret

#22 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

Yea that's the one, but it's paperback - I'm looking for the hardcover and it's expensive

#23 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:14 AM

I like giving better than receiving, so that's going to be my list. :)

- for FBIL: I gave the cigar freak a really cool humidor
        - for FMIL & my folks: Framed photo of me, Frank and Audrey
        - for Frank: a Citizen Eco-Drive with channel diamonds around the outside (and other small stuff)
        - for Audrey: Ipod nano (and other stuff)
        - for my sister & BIL: MPIX book I made from their trip to Alaska this year for their 25th anniversary

Favorite that I received: the Kitchen Aid "pro" mixer with accessories from Frank. :)

#24 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:17 AM

Oooh I just got that mixer for my birthday - I was in baking heaven!! LOL I love it!!

#25 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:35 AM

We'd both been wanting the mixer. He was dying to give it to me early too, because I spent 4 days baking the desserts for his family's Christmas Eve celebration. The entire time, I kept cussing out the crappy little handheld mixer and hoping it wouldn't die because the motor in it kept "screaming"...

#26 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:44 AM

LOL - honestly I've always been a horrible baker but I baked like the blazes the other day with that mixer! All of my Christmas baking turned out amazing this year - it has to be because of the mixer!

#27 Jones4Me

• Banned
              • 381 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                I like giving better than receiving, so that's going to be my list. :)
                I LOVE to give gifts too! I dont even care to open mine - I just like watching everyone else!

I'll do the same:

My FI: a TomTom, a Bears jersey, some other clothes, and a stocking full of razors, candy, etc

My Daughter: a cabbage patch doll, clothes, bilingual books (Spanish/English), hair accessories, a leap pad, puzzles, etc

Mom: a digital camera - she was still using film & with a grandchild this is much better

Dad: a digital frame

Lots of other folks too......

My favorite gift: the DVD/VCR combo to replace the DYING DVD player in our bedroom and get rid of the 2 units to only have one. OR the 20 inch TV with built in DVD player for my daughter's room (from my mom) so that she can watch "her movies" when we want to watch stuff like Grey's or other "grown up TV" as she calls it!

#28 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Morgan
                  Mike got me a Sonicare toothbrush. I love it! I've had it for 4 days now & my teeth feel amazing.

I won't be doing Christmas with my family until the 29th. I'm so homesick tonight! This is my first Christmas away from home. I can't even begin to get into the Christmas spirit. But my teeth feel amazing :)
                  We got a sonicare toothbrush too. Haven't used it yet though. I also got a giftcard to my favorite store Kirklands. Can't wait to use that.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#29 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

Our christmas was on the light side because we are trying to pay off some debt and paying some unexpected bills that popped up.

But I got:

A ton of clothes from DH, MIL, Friend & sister

Gift cards (one to lowes so now we can do our crown molding)

Frames (I plan on doing a foster dog wall in my loft so I got a picture frame for each fotster dog we have helped so far)

Bathroom vanity cabinet (love it..)

The most adorable coach keychain of a Boston Terrier..

Chonies (from DH and he hates shopping at VS)

And I got a new car.. :-) I ended up trading in my car 3 months earlier then expected. I ended up getting a fully loaded Jetta. The best part, I'm saving over $150.00 a month on my car payment so that extra money is going to be put towards bills.. Which I'm so happy about.

Oh and our boys (by boys I mean our two dogs & Cat) got a jersey each, Mijo's was a "Michigan State", Chulo's was a "Michigan" and Morris was got a Collar of "Michigan".. They are adorable and we will dress then up during every game.. :-)

#30 LisaG

• VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

Tammy-I like your pets gifts! Dirk got some denta-bones that he loves and some doggy breathe mints.....I thought they were a good idea for his stinky breathe, but he doesn't like them =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users