Jump to content

Photo

Jill's (Jak27) Fiesta Americana Los Cabos Wedding Review - REALLY LONG W/ PICS!!!


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Wisco4

Wisco4
  • Member
  • 666 posts

    Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

    What a great review! I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with FLC. I'd love to see close up pics of your make up and hair since I was recommened to use Octavio as well.
    Also, were your centerpieces from FLC? I loved the iron ones with the blue and green globes!
    You really left nothing out for your big day and insprired me, and I'm sure many more of the girls on here, to use some of your ideas.

    Thank you!!!!

    ~Amanda

    #22 jak27

    jak27
    • Member
    • 715 posts

      Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Wisco4
      What a great review! I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with FLC. I'd love to see close up pics of your make up and hair since I was recommened to use Octavio as well.
      Also, were your centerpieces from FLC? I loved the iron ones with the blue and green globes!
      You really left nothing out for your big day and insprired me, and I'm sure many more of the girls on here, to use some of your ideas.

      Thank you!!!!
      This is the only pic I have so far that is close enough for you to see makeup...hair is difficult since I wore my veil the entire day, but once I get my pro pics hopefully there will be some there, too!

      Click the image to open in full size.

      And yes, all centerpieces were from FLC...actually, Tara took me to the vendor she uses and I got to shop in their warehouse...it was amazing, so many linens, glassware, vases, lounge furniture and decor pieces. It was really fun! I can't remember the name of the company she uses, but they have incredible stuff. All of our linens, glassware, chargers & napkin rings, centerpieces, lounge furniture and some other decor pieces we used in the lounge came from the same place.

      I felt like I was in very good hands using FLC. Tara really is fabulous and she was on the ball the entire time. She even coordinated w/ FA since she knew Daniela, so it really did work seamlessly!

      I'll post some hair & makeup pics when I have some more!

      #23 Wisco4

      Wisco4
      • Member
      • 666 posts

        Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

        I love your makeup! Looks very natural which is what I would choose as well.
        And that's so cool that Tara took you to pick out your decor. I was assigned Amy at FLC but I'm sure she has access to the same vendor.
        Thanks again!

        ~Amanda

        #24 Wisco4

        Wisco4
        • Member
        • 666 posts

          Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jak27

          And yes, all centerpieces were from FLC...actually, Tara took me to the vendor she uses and I got to shop in their warehouse...it was amazing, so many linens, glassware, vases, lounge furniture and decor pieces. It was really fun! I can't remember the name of the company she uses, but they have incredible stuff. All of our linens, glassware, chargers & napkin rings, centerpieces, lounge furniture and some other decor pieces we used in the lounge came from the same place.
          One more question, how were the prices at this decor vendor? I imagine that everything can really add up. Is everything priced individually? And did you plan a trip down there for the purpose to go over these details and pick things out?
          ~Amanda

          #25 Carolena7

          Carolena7
          • Member
          • 785 posts

            Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

            Great Review....I love your colors!!

            #26 trisha0612

            trisha0612
            • Jr. Member
            • 491 posts

              Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

              What a gorgeous ceremony that must have been!!! I almost had tears in my eyes reading that!
              Travis & Trish
              10-10-08
              Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

              #27 amyh

              amyh

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

                Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:20 PM

                wow! you're wedding looked amazing! It needs to be on TLC - Platinum Weddings, hehe! Congrats!

                #28 royfa

                royfa
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,201 posts

                  Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

                  Wow, looks like a wonderful wedding! You two look very happy!
                  Fannie & Pierre

                  #29 jak27

                  jak27
                  • Member
                  • 715 posts

                    Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Wisco4
                    One more question, how were the prices at this decor vendor? I imagine that everything can really add up. Is everything priced individually? And did you plan a trip down there for the purpose to go over these details and pick things out?
                    You're right, the decor and rentals can add up quickly. But the good thing is that everything was priced individually, and I told Tara what I wanted, she got the quote and then I slashed it, ending up where I need to be. It was very easy to do, and Amy will have access to the same stuff!

                    I didn't make a trip down there specifically for the rentals, but I made one so that I could meet Tara. I did my initial site visit before hiring her, so we needed to meet once I brought her on board so we could get everything in order, which is when I was able to do cake tasting, decor decisions, etc. It was entirely worth it, but we did a lot over email too, so if you don't have the ability to make a trip just to meet with Amy about decor, she can email you picture after picture, and I have a lot, too!

                    #30 ACDCDCAC

                    ACDCDCAC
                    • Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

                    Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

                    Great review! I have to go home and look at the pics on my own computer tho, can't wiat!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users