Photo

Another Customs Question...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

Does anyone know what the rules are on bringing food items into Jamaica? We have been toying with getting the custom M&M's or these cute seashell shaped chocolates we just found. That being said, I don't want to get them if they are just going to get confiscated. Thoughts?

#2 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
    • 203 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

I would think it would be fine too. Just pack it in your checked luggage.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

I don't remember them checking any of our luggage.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

Thanks ladies! We are still undecided on bring chocolate - just because it could melt. We may do silver jordon almonds though, and just not sure about importing food. Glad to hear it went smoothly for you guys!

#5 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
        • 98 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

I would definitely not reccommend packing chocolate in your checked luggage to go to Jamaica. You may be able to pull off m&m's in you carry on but you would have to put it on ice immediately.

I have a lot of family in jamaica and have had many a mishap as a kid with chocolate on the way there.

In terms of other snacks as long as you dont look like you are trying to feed someone there (a la rice, ketchup, etc...) you should be good with getting into the country.

honestly, most times I tell them I have nothing to declare and go right through, and I am jamaican!
          "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
          http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

#6 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shenmaat
            I would definitely not reccommend packing chocolate in your checked luggage to go to Jamaica. You may be able to pull off m&m's in you carry on but you would have to put it on ice immediately.

I have a lot of family in jamaica and have had many a mishap as a kid with chocolate on the way there.

In terms of other snacks as long as you dont look like you are trying to feed someone there (a la rice, ketchup, etc...) you should be good with getting into the country.

honestly, most times I tell them I have nothing to declare and go right through, and I am jamaican!
            Thanks for the info! I'm so worried about everything we are bringing, and don't know if we should declare 'something', nothing, or everything! We only have 20 guests, so I know some of you definitely have it worse than I do... just hoping a little green goes a long way if need be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users