Photo

Riu Ocho Rios Disco - are minors allowed?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:08 AM

I just thought of something! Are children allowed in the disco? I've rented it for our reception dances, but I want to make sure some of our young guests can dance with us too, I think they'd have a blast! I dont have many - just a 15 year old and 10 year old, does anyone know if they'd be allowed in there? Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:39 AM

I didn't see any children the time we were there, but I'm thinking they would allow it since you've rented it for your reception.

#3 march1508

march1508
      • 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

I agree, im not 100% sure, but i would think that the children would be allowed since u have paid to rent it out..

I think atleast till 11pm, now after 11pm they may not be allowed..

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:48 PM

I think I will fire off an email to Chandlyn and let you all know! Thanks!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#5 chicago88

chicago88
          • 699 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

Let me know what you find out... I also have about 6 kids coming ranging from 6-12.

Therese & Jay
            Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

Here is my answer from Chandlyn, and it's good news!

The disco will provide a private reception for your wedding guests and that includes children. When open to the hotel it is considered to be a nightclub where children are not permitted.

#7 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
              • 186 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hi there!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'll be getting married at ROR on June 28th. I've booked the plantation restaurant for my private wedding reception of 100 guests..but now i'm second guessing whether or not the disco would be better? Do you know how many people it holds? any pics?

#8 albianstar

albianstar
                • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

there are pics of the disco somewhere o this site- not good for a reception but ok for after, its very discoey
                  Mirrors, blue trim etc

#9 chicago88

chicago88
                  • 699 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bobbi-francis
                    Hi there!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'll be getting married at ROR on June 28th. I've booked the plantation restaurant for my private wedding reception of 100 guests..but now i'm second guessing whether or not the disco would be better? Do you know how many people it holds? any pics?
                    I'm having a private reception at the Plantation too for around 50 guests. I'll definetely have pics for you when I get back. If I can just figure out how to post them! We are going to head to the disco after...

Therese & Jay
                    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#10 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                    • 933 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

i don't know anything about the disco other than i am excited to go there!
                      anyway, i just looked at your ticker! Your wedding is so SOON! Woo Hoo! So happy for you!
                      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users