Cookies1986

The Struggle Of Looking For A Resort!

Me and my fiancee are currently looking at resort for a destination wedding in Early 2019.

We are looking at both Dominican Rep and Mexico as possible destinations but are open to other countries not named Cuba (nothing wrong with Cuba, just been there way to many times).

We are looking for a nice resort to do a beach wedding, that is cost effective to both us and our guest.

Can any one suggest any resorts that I could be looking at...any also if there is a specific time in Feb/Mar/Apr that we can do it that would give us the best price?

Thank you for all your help!!!

D & J

• Like 1

My fiance & I are getting married March 2018 in Riviera Maya at the Barcelo palace. Will let u know how it turns out. We have 40 people attending. Our coordinator has been amazing! Answers every email in detail within 24 hours...so far extremely happy. One of our meals we got to choose from for our reception is steak & lobster! No brainer...we picked that. Extremely accommodating

• Like 1

Congratulations on your engagement!  There are lots of great all inclusive options in Mexico and the Dominican Republic! Since you're located in Canada your best bet is to work with a Canadian TA. Our Canadian affiliate is Darci Huhn and you can contact her at darci@travelbyplatinum.com. She is great and will be able to provide suggestions and pricing. Best wishes with your planning!! TA Patty 

I'm with you @@Cookies. the struggle is real.  We're looking at the same areas.  following...

My fiance & I are getting married March 2018 in Riviera Maya at the Barcelo palace. Will let u know how it turns out. We have 40 people attending. Our coordinator has been amazing! Answers every email in detail within 24 hours...so far extremely happy. One of our meals we got to choose from for our reception is steak & lobster! No brainer...we picked that. Extremely accommodating

Hi... Did you ever check out or inquire about the Barcelo Bavaro Palace in Punta Cana? Im interested in that one currently, however its so difficult to find pictures of what they offer vs what I should upgrade. I keep reading tons of older reviews.. and its get overwhelming and confusing.

I think we've finally narrowed down our resort to Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana. With ten rooms booked you get a free "symbolic" ceremony...and there's a lot included in that package as well.  More than you'd expect with a free wedding.  haha....  Their facilities look amazing and reviews I've read are great.  They just got done with a renovation.  And the group prices we were offered for the facilities were great.  

@@Cookies1986 ...I highly recommend @TA Patty.  We've been in communication with her and she's amazing.  She's extremely informative on a lot of the resorts and gave us a great group rate for Majestic Colonial.  

Hi I’m currently planning for a DR wedding too this September. I have looked at 7 all inclusive resorts, their wedding packages and emailed each one of them. They all look good, I just need to know about the resort based on their service, cleanliness and food. If anybody can give me more insights, it be nice and helpful for my decision 

On 11/23/2017 at 3:04 PM, Cookies1986 said:

Me and my fiancee are currently looking at resort for a destination wedding in Early 2019.

We are looking for a nice resort to do a beach wedding, that is cost effective to both us and our guest.

A year has passed - hopefully this is all organised now.  Where are you going to get married?