Hbinning

Help!

Hi everyone! I got engaged a few months ago and now trying to narrow down a location which is much harder than I thought it would be.  I think i've somewhat narrowed it down.

Does anyone have any information on any of them regarding pricing/wedding packages and the resorts themselves. We want to stick to around a $1500 budget from Canada.  

We're trying to decide between:

Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Grand Bahia Principe Coba

Sandos Playacar Beach

Sandos Caracol 

Marina El Cid

Thanks in advance!!

• Like 1

Good morning @@Hbinning congratulations on your engagement and upcoming destination wedding. Also, welcome to the most amazing wedding planning community BDW.com!!! 

We may not have an answer for your budget question but we're sure there is a member on this forum that can give you a hand. We've been lucky enough to work at Sandos Caracol a handful of times and it's always been a wonderful experience. If your wedding ends up there we know you're going to have a great time <3 <3 <3

At that, we'll leave you with some inspiration.

post-287055-0-63469200-1471866962_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-19792500-1471867013_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-26358900-1471866977_thumb.jpg

Welcome to our forum community Hbinning, Congrats on your engagement and upcoming destination wedding!!!

Yes, you're right about selecting your wedding venue being a big piece in your planning process, however you're sure to find lots of great resources here to help with your decision.

One factor to consider if photography is important to you, is what the resort's outside vendor policy is. Bahia Principe resorts won't allow outside photographers on their premises, so you'd need to be ok with using their resort photographer option.

We'll share some magical wedding moments that matter we've captured at the spectacular Sandos Playacar, to show you what a backdrop it would make for your photo memories.....taken from our Sandos Playacar Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_ee1b6118795a42e6bb47207c99a550b3~

e89d55_6e48d805f9f24c05b71f0edf349a99ac~

e89d55_302f582b4c60490fac6245610109e3fb~

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans, cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

@@Hbinning Are you working with a travel agent? They can best help you with pricing, etc. for both travel and the wedding packages. Have you looked at the resort threads for each of these?

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/63282-official-gran-bahia-principe-riviera-maya-thread/

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/164-gran-bahia-principe-akumaltulumcoba-post-here/

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/66702-hotel-marina-el-cid-brides/

I couldn't find specific threads for the Sandos properties, but there are lost of posts that mention/discuss them.

• Moderators

I would suggest reaching out to one of the BDW Travel Agents if you want to get some ideas on pricing. They specialize in Destination weddings.  You can contact them HERE! They are familiar with all these resorts and can be a great resource of information to help you narrow down your choices!!!  :) 

Hey @@Hbinning!
Great job!
Playacar is a nice place and the resort has a really good service, they take care on every detail, even the little ones ;)
They have some options for your big day, like this Tropical garden or may be you decide for the caribbean on the background. You can decide for the Gazebo at the beach. They have the best views in Playa del Carmen, i bet you, your family and friends are going to love them.
Let me show you some of my photography job near Playa del Carmen... Enjoy!

the best idea for getting prices is contacting a local wedding planner. check this out:

www.rockingbride.com they can offer you rooms and planning.

look at the color of this ocean, this was taken at Azul fives:

post11.jpg

Edited by gonzaloNunez