• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Canadorecc

Canadorecc
  • 10 posts
    • LocationSudbury, ON

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

It wasn't easy and it took lots of time to finally decide on a resort.  I would of never thought it would take this long to narrow down a resort, but there is so much to consider.  We had narrowed down the resorts to: Hard Rock Riviera, Moon Palace, Now Sapphire and Royalton Riviera.

Okay, it wasn't the fault of my finance to take long on making a decision - It was me lol.  She stated it was up to me, so I made sure I did my due diligence.  I've read a number materials to make a decision such as: promotions, catalogs, tripadvisor and company website.

So, Today, we have finally made our wedding reservation and confirmed our wedding date for February 2017 at the Royalton Riviera Cancun.

We found that the resort meets most our needs and expectations.  There is a variety of food, lots to do and great area for kids. 

Everything seems to be underway, we are just waiting for our wedding invitations that we just ordered lastnight.  We got our invitations made through vistaprint and hopefully they turn out great.  We had to jump on the invitations as they were half price.  The invitations only cost us about $115 for 250 including taxes and shipping.  

If anyone has details, photos or wedding experiences with Royalton Riviera, Please share. 

#2 Laur114

Laur114
    • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

My wedding is booked for January 2017. My fiancé and took advantage of their bridal promotion so we're going for 4 days in May. We have a tour and menu tasting scheduled. I CANNOT WAIT! I Check trip advisor daily for pics and reviews. I also have been checking to see if the hotel rates change because we have not booked a block of rooms yet. I found a wedding photographer who shot a wedding there. The website is below.

https://www.adrianbo...viera-cancun-1/

#3 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

If you do a search on @maybeoneday she had her wedding there last October and she provided a review in her planning thread. It's a gorgeous resort and she found the wedding coordinator good to work with.

Happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 Rhonda3839

Rhonda3839
      • 21 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 24, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Royalton Riviera Cancun
      • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:48 AM

Great choice @Canadorecc ! I'm having my wedding there this May and can't wait! I had my site visit in August and loved every aspect of the resort. The welcome monitor was the best b I've ever had and we had a tour and lunch with the one of the wedding planning managers, Daniela and had an amazing time. The food at the buffet offered so many options and was beyond delicious. Everything I retired was good and everything offered was fresh. I've been to a few other all-inclusives and the food here was no comparison. (I've stayed at NOW JADE, the sister property to Now Sapphire and there really is no comparison to Royalton.) I'm happy to share my experience with you if you'd like. Ask away. I did not take any photos during the site visit, sorry to say, but I have had other brides share their pictures with me. What areas have you chosen for the ceremony and the reception?

#5 Canadorecc

Canadorecc
      • 10 posts
        • LocationSudbury, ON

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

Congrats @Laur114 .  Wish we of known about the bridal promotion.  We would of loved to do a site inspection so we could have a better idea of their menu.   We also haven't reserved a block of rooms yet as we are hoping for the price to drop.  I know sunwing is offering a promotion till Feb 29 so my finance and I have been debating whether to reserve the block of rooms or hold out and hopefully it goes down.  We haven't decided on what we are doing with Photos yet, whether to go with the resort photographer or friends.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks @acw271011.  I have looked at trend and it has lots of information.

Thanks @Rhonda3839 and Congrats!  We also considered the Jade and Sapphire but we didn't think it match the standard of the Royalton.  We have reserved the Chapel for the ceremony and the Sky Terrace for the reception.   Any help is greatly appreciated. 

@Laur114 @Rhonda3839.  How did you arrange to have a site visit and tour?

#6 Laur114

Laur114
        • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:36 AM

Congrats @Laur114 .  Wish we of known about the bridal promotion.  We would of loved to do a site inspection so we could have a better idea of their menu.   We also haven't reserved a block of rooms yet as we are hoping for the price to drop.  I know sunwing is offering a promotion till Feb 29 so my finance and I have been debating whether to reserve the block of rooms or hold out and hopefully it goes down.  We haven't decided on what we are doing with Photos yet, whether to go with the resort photographer or friends.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks @acw271011.  I have looked at trend and it has lots of information.

Thanks @Rhonda3839 and Congrats!  We also considered the Jade and Sapphire but we didn't think it match the standard of the Royalton.  We have reserved the Chapel for the ceremony and the Sky Terrace for the reception.   Any help is greatly appreciated. 

@Laur114 @Rhonda3839.  How did you arrange to have a site visit and tour?

I emailed my wedding consultant, Christine, and asked her if there were any promotions. She emailed me a photo/flier of the promotion.
          I attached a photo. Christine put me in touch with Daniela, the onsite wedding manager, to set up the bridal preview, tour and menu tastings.
          Attached File  image.jpg   95.57KB   6 downloads

#7 Canadorecc

Canadorecc
          • 10 posts
            • LocationSudbury, ON

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

Thanks @Laur114.  I'm going to contact our coordinator and look into it. 

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,074 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

Congrats on choosing your wedding venue, Canadorecc - that's a big planning piece you can now check off as complete - well done on your careful due diligence that's sure to pay off royally :)

Wishing you all the best with the rest of your planning process, and the most enjoyable life journey ahead - so exciting!!!

Sending you off with further inspiration from these magical beach wedding moments that matter we've captured over the years...taken from our Riviera Maya Wedding Story Albums:

e89d55_aa60d2dda4374a94bbfc94db12d906bb.

e89d55_5cf3e026ce804fd097d215dd26a71777.

e89d55_5449adc0c0434eebb0a5b065322b69d2.

Cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 JasminMattPhoto

JasminMattPhoto
              • Insiders
              • 113 posts
                • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

@Canadorecc congrats on choosing the Royalton and your upcoming wedding. February may seem far off now but before you know it you'll be packing your bags for the beautiful sand and sun of the Mayan Riviera <3

Attached File  Charlotte_Kristian_Teaser_05.jpg   89.2KB   2 downloads

Jasmin & Matt - Breathtaking Destination Wedding & Lifestyle Photography

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating on Facebook & BestDestinationWedding.com

Still not convinced? Read our testimonials of appreciation from previous couples <3

Email: info@jasminandmatt.com
                Phone: +52-1-984-114-3386
                Facebook: Jasmin & Matt Photography
                Instagram: @jasminandmattphotography
                Pinterest: Jasmin & Matt

Ask us how we can help you plan your perfect wedding day.

#10 gonzaloNunez

gonzaloNunez
                • Insiders
                • 227 posts
                  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

Hi @Canadorecc!

You are all set up with a great Resort, invitations and all that little details that your Wedding Coordinator is going to have under control for sure!

Congratulations for that :)

I just want to show you some of my wedding Photography work, i take care of every single detail at your Big Day so you can treasure it forever. Imagine all your wedding day: getting ready, the ceremony, the reception, some trash the dress, that part is so fun, because you can do it at the beach or taking an underwater session at a Riviera maya cenote.

Just enjoy some of my work. You can find more on  my web page or my fan page on Facebook. :)

Some Trash The Dress...

IMG_6349.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

A wedding at The Riviera maya...

IMG_7983.jpg

Posted Image

Gonzalo Nunez - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - www.gonzalonunez.com - Facebook Fanpage
                  Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico, rest of the world.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya, 2017 Brides, Resorts & Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users