#1 banana2016

banana2016
  • 8 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 2, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hello Ladies

I am in need of some serious help! I'm getting married at Now Sapphire, and I'm sure like many other resorts, the floral arrangements are very pricey. I'm also from Canada so I have to convert everything to Canadian dollars which makes the resort floral arrangements even more pricey.

I've thought about making my own artificial floral arrangements? Has anyone done this? Any advice? Did your flowers make it through customs okay? Did they pack easily?

Any other ideas on what to do?

I don't know what to do! Please help!

#2 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hello,

I actually brought my own bouquets/boutonnieres etc. I went through an Etsy vendor called stemple shop. I ordered bouquets of real touch peonies. 

It's definitely possible to bring your own flowers and it will save you a lot of money! Mine packed really easily and when I unpacked them they were fine, they weren't squished at all. 

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#3 banana2016

banana2016
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

Hello,
I actually brought my own bouquets/boutonnieres etc. I went through an Etsy vendor called stemple shop. I ordered bouquets of real touch peonies. 

It's definitely possible to bring your own flowers and it will save you a lot of money! Mine packed really easily and when I unpacked them they were fine, they weren't squished at all.

Thanks so much! I will check that Etsy shop out.

#4 jes0912

jes0912
  • 47 posts
    • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hi @banana2016

I'm also doing the same-- I'm buying the silk/fake flowers from a wholesaler here in Vancouver and assembling the bouquets myself. I've youtubed it as well and it honestly doesn't look TOO difficult. I also want peonies which are super expensive down in Mexico so we've opted for the silk flowers instead ;)

Hope that helps!

Jess

My Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...lanning-thread/

#5 banana2016

banana2016
    • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

@jes0912 Thanks for replying! What wholesaler are you using? I make trips to Vancouver every so often. Maybe I'll check it out. I love peonies as well!
    @perianjay

Did you also bring artificial flowers for your reception decor/center prices?

#6 tpenner

tpenner
    • 29 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

I am also considering doing this as well! It's great to hear some input from others. Any brides from Edmonton? I'd like to see if there's a good place here where I can see the flowers in person for the sake of color-matching

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#7 jes0912

jes0912
      • 47 posts
        • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

@banana2016 there are a whole bunch down in Burnaby on Marine Way; but the one i'm going to is called "Florists Supply", this one isn't open to public, but there are a whole bunch in the area that are! I would definitely check it out when you can.

Jess

#8 alongcamepauline

alongcamepauline
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hello,

Can I asked how you packed them? Did u keep them in the original packaging from stemple shop or repack it? Just curious. I'm really worried about traveling with bouquets

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

#9 Cablelove11

Cablelove11
          • 66 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

Can any diy brides share some tips on making your own bouquets and boutinnaires? Making mine is definitely a cost saver, however the task seems daunting

#10 jes0912

jes0912
          • 47 posts
            • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

@Cablelove11 here's a site that shows you how to build both!  http://www.afloral.c...ng-Design-Ideas

Hope that helps!

Can any diy brides share some tips on making your own bouquets and boutinnaires? Making mine is definitely a cost saver, however the task seems daunting

Jess

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya, Decor & Details, Flowers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users