Photo

Barber For Groom/groomsmen? Azul Fives

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sassylouxx

sassylouxx
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:47 PM

Hi ladies! Congratulations!! My FI woke up this morning worrying about his how his hair will be on our wedding day. We will be staying in azul fives for a week before the big day, and his hair and grows fairly quickly - he has soft Afro hair and keeps it cut quite low. Does anyone have any experience in this? Obviously we don't know what the salons are like over there!

Thanks in advance! Xx

Sarah

#2 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:28 AM

@sassylouxx Is your FI my FI? lol

It was probably 2 weeks ago when he looked at me and said "what am I going to do about my hair?" His barber even joked with him about needing to book his trip soon.

My FI get his sides done every Friday and is worried about the same thing...and we get there on a Friday and marry on the Tuesday lol. Luckily his nonna used to be a hair dresser, one of our guests is a hair dresser and they have the spa on site. I figure one of the three will have to work.

@snswedding2016 - Steph, did Sean or Fabio (lol) get their hair cut on site? Or @TinkerSofi, did Juan? I think he keeps his sides short too? Any experience with the men on your trip using the spa for their pre-wedding cut?

#3 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
    • 667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

@ashhtayy @sassylouxx Sean did not use the salon on site - he just got it cut right before we left for Mexico. Surprisingly Fabio's hair is fairly low maintenance...it ends up just looking like that always lol! I did see a guy in the salon when I went in for my hair/make up trial, he seemed really happy with the final product. I would imagine they do a good job as my bridesmaids and I were happy with all of the services we got. It just might be a little pricey. 

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
    • 603 posts
      • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hi ladies! Congratulations!! My FI woke up this morning worrying about his how his hair will be on our wedding day. We will be staying in azul fives for a week before the big day, and his hair and grows fairly quickly - he has soft Afro hair and keeps it cut quite low. Does anyone have any experience in this? Obviously we don't know what the salons are like over there!

Thanks in advance! Xx

Sarah

@sassylouxx I have had a groom do his cut at the spa before, he was happy. As your FI bring a picture of how he would like to look after the hair cut. Im sure the hotel can do a pretty good job.

Happy Planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
      weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
      http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
      Joyce

#5 sassylouxx

sassylouxx
      • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for all your responses @dreamweddings would you be able to get pictures of his work? Ideally on mixed/Afro Caribbean guys. Thanks xx

Sarah
        Haha @ashhtayy he's found a barbers in Mexico that does his kind of hair but it's just travelling there and stuff xx

Sarah

#6 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
        • 2,217 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
        • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

@sassylouxx Is your FI my FI? lol

It was probably 2 weeks ago when he looked at me and said "what am I going to do about my hair?" His barber even joked with him about needing to book his trip soon.

My FI get his sides done every Friday and is worried about the same thing...and we get there on a Friday and marry on the Tuesday lol. Luckily his nonna used to be a hair dresser, one of our guests is a hair dresser and they have the spa on site. I figure one of the three will have to work.

@snswedding2016 - Steph, did Sean or Fabio (lol) get their hair cut on site? Or @TinkerSofi, did Juan? I think he keeps his sides short too? Any experience with the men on your trip using the spa for their pre-wedding cut?

Juan has a fade, so yeah, it was totally an issue for him. One of his friends is a barber, so she cut his hair while we were there haha. When we went to Argentina for 2 weeks he ended up walking into this place and he didn't like the haircut. He's very picky and he wanted to just go anywhere in town when we went to Mexico. As someone who is also picky with her hair, I strongly suggested against it haha. 

event.png

#7 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
        • 603 posts
          • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for all your responses @dreamweddings would you be able to get pictures of his work? Ideally on mixed/Afro Caribbean guys. Thanks xx

Sarah
          Haha @ashhtayy he's found a barbers in Mexico that does his kind of hair but it's just travelling there and stuff xx

Sarah

@sassylouxx please follow link, to see the groom´s final look.  https://dreamwedding...ra-maya-mexico/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
          weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
          http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
          Joyce

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 3,074 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

Welcome to our forum community and Congrats on your upcoming dw, Sarah!!! as you've already seen, there are lots of resources here to answer your planning questions, so well done on getting off to a great start :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans......cheers!!! team MTM :)

....from our MTM Blog posts (for further inspiration!)

e89d55_2640c69c3da44c91938aa23cbec6a7d1.

e89d55_0ab5b17aa72d48c881c9c8fc511336bd.

e89d55_f392658dd15f4f96a657d438daea07a6.

e89d55_f5cc4c621d1646aa92c3ef9fb2f38ec3.

e89d55_3f1e6e3812f345d693b81bfe2e46da12.

e89d55_d32b959b169f4f2c97ad31d1602d6517.

Edited by Moments That Matter, 10 February 2016 - 11:03 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users