Secret Santa 2007 Thank You's !!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#231 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:04 PM

It was so much fun, I would totally do it again.

I am in for a secret valentine, etc.

#232 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hey now, you guys have to wait for me to get my gift before you start planning the next round!!!!! hahaha jk

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#233 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

you girls are too funny.
        Ok Yes, let's wait for Jaime to get her gift....Then....once that happens I'll set up a list for Valentines day.

Is that ok with everyone? It would be the same rules....$25 gift...not including shipping...and we'll make a list again...

if it's ok with you girls...we'll do it :)

#234 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

Drea - i am in for the Valentine's Day but i would suggest 2 things:

1. maybe do a $15 or $20 gift

2. that we use elfster (not that you didn't do an AMAZING job) but it is so easy to use and if you are the 'organizer' you can still have total control if someone doesn't send their gift you can look up who had them, hence any necessary consequences. One of the main reasons i love elfster is that you can set up a wishlist, modify it, put direct links, etc BUT you can send anonymous questions to your secret santa or gift person.
          EX. i had Melissa and really wanted to buy her these fuzzy slippers but she never put her size - with Elfster i could ask her anonymously what size feet she had, etc.
          i have used it for 3 secret santa's this holiday and everyone LOVES it!!!

#235 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

My family is also using it for our Pollyanna's and it is working pretty well. I like that we can put a direct link in...

#236 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

YAHOOOOOO!!!!! My roommate just came in (weird, cause he never comes home from lunch) with a huge package that had been left for me! He looked at me like I was a little crazy as I jumped around the room saying "YAY! It must be my Secret Santa!!!!!" hahahahaha

Tami (foxytv) Thanks soooo much! I love my gifts!!!!!

Here are pics:
              Click the image to open in full size.

I'm actually glad you got us something other than Merlot because recently our tastes have been moving more towards Cabernet and Shiraz - this blend looks YUMMY! So do you rep for a wine company? That's so cool.

I am so excited to finally have some wine charms! I can't wait til Martin and I can sit down by the fire with wine in the glasses you gave us eating the yummy chocolates. THANKS!!!

P.S. OK LADIES, You may NOW begin your future planning!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#237 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

YAY! Great gift Tami/Jaime!!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#238 DreaW

DreaW
                • Banned
                • 2,462 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
                  Drea - i am in for the Valentine's Day but i would suggest 2 things:

1. maybe do a $15 or $20 gift

2. that we use elfster (not that you didn't do an AMAZING job) but it is so easy to use and if you are the 'organizer' you can still have total control if someone doesn't send their gift you can look up who had them, hence any necessary consequences. One of the main reasons i love elfster is that you can set up a wishlist, modify it, put direct links, etc BUT you can send anonymous questions to your secret santa or gift person.
                  EX. i had Melissa and really wanted to buy her these fuzzy slippers but she never put her size - with Elfster i could ask her anonymously what size feet she had, etc.
                  i have used it for 3 secret santa's this holiday and everyone LOVES it!!!
                  ok Alyssa, I will look into it and set up an account so we can do it this way because I know there might be more people signing up this time ....I will make a Thread starting Jan. about Valentines :)

Hooray Jaime got her gift...love it....
                  I'm so glad this went well :)

#239 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:58 PM

I second the Elfster recommendation!! Our family used it this year and I LOVE that you can ask the person questions and remain anonymous!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#240 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

Everybody gave and got such great gifts. Thanks again Drea for organizing. This was so much fun. I'm totally in if we do the Valentine's Day Secret Gift. YEAH!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users