532 replies to this topic

#201 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

@ashhtayy

Oh no! Now I want to go shopping haha. My FI was saying last night that right now we have a do-able about of decorations (in terms of transporting them) but he said come 7 months who knows how much more stuff you'll have hahaha. It's so hard to stop looking. I love starfish and the beachy theme!

Pick away when you're ready! Mine were super easy to make!

Edited by yycbride2016, 21 July 2015 - 08:17 AM.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#202 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

@yycbride2016 first i need to settle on a colour pallet lol and then you will hear from me :)

#203 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

Okay ladies! I need some help! The resort just emailed me this afternoon to let me know that Adventure Photos (the resort photography), just changed their prices. We were going to chose one of the all day packages that cost $1500. The price on that package increased to $2500!!! That's a massive price jump. I can't justify increasing our budget by $1000 now. Any suggestions of outside photographers in the Myan riviera? I need to price out them all with a vendor fee. So frustrating. Thanks for suggestions in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#204 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

Had you already booked? If yes I'm surprised they didn't honor the prices. Sounds like you may not have yet :(

That said, these were my runners up who were in my price range were....

- Samual Luna
- Bohemia Photography
- Dean Sanderson

Others have used Photos in Cancun, Ivan Luckie, Lancelotti, Del Sol and Moments that Matter (drawing a blank of who @TinkerSofi is using)

Also the lady I used from Adventure Photos also has her own company called CeilitoLindo Photography.

Hope that helps!!

Edited by calgarybride2015, 23 July 2015 - 03:45 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#205 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

I'm using Octavio montes. So far he's been great to work and communicate with. I can let you know how things go on the day of fairly soon :).

We wanted to split our initial budget into photography and videography and I thought he was a steal for the amount of hours. I also really like his pictures, especially the ones he takes at night :)

event.png

#206 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

What is tough is that there are a lot of good ones with decent prices but unless you spend a lot of time on here (hahaha) you don't know all the ones to research :). I missed so many in my initial research and brides have posted such gorgeous pics.

@TinkerSofi. I knew there was an M :)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#207 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

What is tough is that there are a lot of good ones with decent prices but unless you spend a lot of time on here (hahaha) you don't know all the ones to research :). I missed so many in my initial research and brides have posted such gorgeous pics.

@TinkerSofi. I knew there was an M :)

I agree! It wasn't until after that I began finding out about other great photographers :)

event.png

#208 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Thank you @calgarybride2015 & @TinkerSofi I'm going to do my research on each of these now and see what the best deal is that I can lock in so prices don't change on me again.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#209 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

Hey girl! I can recommend Lancelotti photography. I was searching high and low for a good photographer that offered more reasonable pricing and I stumbled across his name on this forum a few times from other brides that used him and were really happy with him. I also really appreciated his photography and how natural and soft it looked opposed to some that i've seen that were really saturated/contrasted etc. 

Not sure what type of style you're looking for, but it's worth checking him out! I think i'm paying around $1200 for 6-7 hours. He's also extremely nice and he's really flexible with the hours. I purchased 6 hours, but he said something about if he needed to stay a bit longer it's not an issue.

Edited by perianjay, 24 July 2015 - 05:53 AM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#210 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

@perianjay Wow thats a great deal! better. I am definately going to look into him. I have to keep in mine the outside vendor cost too but I think that would bring it up to about what I had planned to pay anyways! Thanks for the recommendation!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Planning Tips, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users