335 replies to this topic

#271 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:23 PM

@vancouverpetunia Everything looks great! You've done a really good job. Your program fans make me want fans :)

I can't believe you leave in a week! So exciting.

#272 krystalball

krystalball
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

@vancouverpetunia We leave on April 6th - a week from tomorrow  :blink: Having a bit of a meltdown trying to get all the last minute things done on top of work and searching for a new apartment (landlord is kicking us out so his daughter can live there, so we have 60 days to find a new place). We're both coming down with a cold right now, so I guess when it rains it pours right? At least we caught it now and not right before we're leaving. 

I'm trying to take the attitude of making sure the things that must get done are looked after and the smaller details are probably just not going to get done. My final dress alterations are the biggest concern right now, so it's a huge relief that your dress is just getting finished right now too.

Thanks for always itemizing your to-do list here - I've been using it as a sanity check and to make sure that I'm not missing anything!

Everything you've done so far for the wedding looks so lovely. Can't wait to see it all come together for you  :D Hope your last few days before you leave are stress free!

event.png

#273 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

@krystalball oh my goodness you're time is coming so quickly too!!!  I'm sure everything will be perfect :)  Please post lots of pics to your fb, especially since you don't have a thread on here we can all stalk  :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#274 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:24 AM

@krystalball SO soon! Try not to stress. As long as you've got the big things covered, you'll be fine. Hope you two feel better asap.

#275 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

@vancouverpetunia everything is really coming together!! Your day is just around the corner! Can't wait to see the final product.  :)

So excited for you too @krystalball! Hope you guys feel better soon and that the house hunt isn't too stressful! 

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#276 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

@vancouverpetunia First of all, please accept my apologies. The last couple of months have been really tough for several reasons and I've all but been kind of hiding away. I've missed all the activity here but just haven't been able to "get here". I'm really sorry.

Second of all, congrats on being a Mrs!!! The pics are so cute. Loved the dress you chose. I did also really like the orange one. The colour just suited you so well, and for an early spring "legal" ceremony, it would have been really pretty. The important thing is what you chose looked beautiful on you!

Everything looks just so great! You've done a fabulous job of all of it. Your dress looks stunning! Your earrings and bracelet look glam together. I'm glad you were able to get the bracelet shortened. I'm going to be the usual oddball and say that I really liked the hairband that you had but a half up/half down will be just as gorgeous with blinged out pins added to it! It will be completely wow!!

The design of all of your stationary is really pretty!! I love the papel picado design and the colour is very "tropical". I know your guests will love all of it. The lemon with the card attached is totally cute!! I could even see doing something like that for a summer shower of some kind. It just jumps out at you.

I'm sorry you had a bit of guest drama. Sometimes I wonder if it's the "initiation" into planning a DW. Just to see if you're going to crack or not... lol Thankfully it wasn't completely over the top. Have you been able to wiggle anything more from your WC? I really wonder sometimes if they realize how nitpicky they end up appearing to everyone. I know they have to control things or it would be completely out of control but gee - you'd think sometimes they would work with you a little more. Maybe once you're actually there and meeting you can work you charms and see what they'll help you out with.

I can't believe you're so close now. All the ladies that have been here for so long and now pretty much everyone is down to the wire. Where did the time go? I'm really anxious to hear about your honeymoon.... well not THAT way lol But wherever you're staying, food, people, etc. It's at the top of my list for retiring but Doug is leaning more towards Belize just because of the language so I'm very curious to see how you make out with communication and so on. 

You've got this Erin. It's almost here and it's going to be magical, I know it!! As we've all said before, just remember to breathe and take at least some of it in (the pictures will help fill the gaps lol). Can't wait to hear all about it and of course see your pictures!! The next couple of days will fly!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#277 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:11 AM

Just in case I miss you before you go, have a FABULOUS wedding week. I hope your wedding is everything you've dreamed of and more. You've put a lot of effort in and I'm sure all your hard work will pay off and everything will be beautiful. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#278 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

Have an amazing week!!! I can't wait to hear about it and see your lovely pictures! :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#279 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

@WPGBride17, @deecol, @ashhtayy, @snswedding2016 Thanks for your comments :) I'm glad a few of you mentioned the program fans. I love them. I don't think we need a program, to be honest, but I think the fans will be needed and I think they are super cute!

@Wafflesmom, @acw271011 Please, ladies, do not apologize! We all have lives and it's tough to keep up with everything! Thank you for your well wishes :) I hope you are doing okay, Anne. 

@calgarybride2015, @perianjay Thanks for the send-offs! :)

@krystalball I'm glad my lists helped! They sure have helped me. That sucks about your apartment - not what you need right now, for sure. Are you feeling better? I don't know if I will remember to wish you a safe trip and a wonderful wedding before you go, but please know that I'm sending good vibes your way! 

Alright, I think that catches me up on all the comments. This is it ladies! We leave tomorrow. Some of our guests left today. It's weird. I feel like I should be doing more or feeling more stressed, but it's been pretty relaxing the last couple of days.

My last day at work was Thursday. When I arrived, there was a gift basket on my desk with a balloon, a GC for one of my fav restaurants, a scratch lottery ticket (I keep telling people I'm going to the win the lottery and not come back from the honeymoon LOL) and 7 (!!!) bottles of wine.

Attached File  IMG_2202.JPG   71.62KB   6 downloads

Such an awesome gift and it really made me feel special. All day, people kept dropping by my desk to congratulate me and wish us well. And surprisingly, I had my work stuff under control (or at least I think & hope I did!). I even had time to do a few wedding things while at work, as I'd finished pretty much everything by about 3. 

After work, I went to get my hair done (cut & colored). One of my best friends goes to the same hair dresser, so he had scheduled us to overlap and she brought some bubbles that we drank while having our hair done. So cute. 

Yesterday I took my e-ring into be cleaned and picked up some make up (including Laura Mercier powder!) at Sephora. Then I got waxed & lasered to the tune of $375. GULP! Granted, I am pretty much hairless now, except my head LOL. Then finally onto get my mani & pedi (both shellac - thanks for the recommendation, Kim and others). For my mani, I did a really light pink with silver sparkles. My toes are coral.

Attached File  IMG_2207.JPG   77.42KB   6 downloads

Jeff left work early yesterday so we finished up a few things at home, cracked open a bottle of wine and then went out for some drinks. His best man and the BM's girlfriend ended up meeting us there for a bit as well. It was really fun and I got really drunk LOL.

Today we packed. Well, I packed. He had packed yesterday for the most part. But we were done by lunch and then went for a walk in the beautiful weather we are having. And that's about it. I've been futzing around, doing odds & ends for the rest of the afternoon. I think I have everything. I hope I have everything. I've got the important stuff, anyhow. The rest we can live without or buy if we really need to. 4 suitcases plus the dress bag. Not bad (but remember I'm not bringing much decor).

Attached File  IMG_2205.JPG   84.69KB   6 downloads

I'm a bit worried that I have missed something, because I feel too relaxed and this seems too easy. Hopefully it's not too good to be true! There are still a couple of things I need to do, but we can figure them out on the fly:

• Book transfer from resort to CUN (can do this on site at the resort or just take a cab)

• Finalize wedding day timeline (this is pretty much done, just want to go over it again)

• Write thank you speech

• File taxes (not wedding related, but they are due soon after we get back - might do that tonight, or it can wait until we're back)

So I think that's it! I want to thank all of you ladies for your help, support & encouragement over the past year. It's been amazing to get to "know" you. What a journey we've all been on! I will try to post some updates while we're away, so please keep an eye out here! 

Erin

xoxo

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#280 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

@vancouverpetunia wow can't believe you're off tomorrow already!! Have an amazing time!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya, BDW Newbies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users