#871 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

@TinkerSofi  

Isn't that funny!!  I'm so glad you did the things you wanted to do.  Groomzillo and I had those moments too.  We actually found his dad being a little critical with us.  He saw us putting together all our giveaways and was being a little judgmental about the amount of money we were spending.  Once at the resort, and around his family and friends, he was finally like, wow, everyone loves these and we were both so happy we did it. He definitely ate his words.  Sometimes people have a hard time seeing the big picture. 

The only thing I didn't do, and Groomzillo got in my way, was the walky talkies!  That would have helped us out a lot because some areas didn't have wifi.  And our parents don't have cellphones so that would have helped.  My husband said they were a waste and I literally ran out of time to get them, I had a pocket of time that I could have gotten them in ...but it just didn't happen.

did you guys end up using them?  

yeah! The funniest one was when I pulled out my vows book and he's like "don't I have one?!" and I told him, I figured you were going to say that it was a stupid idea so I didn't get you one. He just laughed and hugged me lol. He knew it was true, but then he was jealous I had a fancy book and he didn't hahah. He ended up writing his vows the day of the wedding, on a hotel notepad *facepalm*, you can see he's laughing about it on the video hahah. 

Juan brought his walkie talkies but for some reason they didn't work. They were charged and everything, but nothing. Our hotel was great with wifi, so we all just used whastapp to communicate and it worked out wonderfully.  

event.png

#872 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

@TinkerSofi
I'm so glad to hear that... I'm in the middle of assembling mine right now and I've been wondering if it was worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#873 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

@TinkerSofi
I'm so glad to hear that... I'm in the middle of assembling mine right now and I've been wondering if it was worth it!

they are worth it! We didn't go overboard on the items but I think we had enough stuff and people enjoyed them :)

event.png

#874 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

I ordered Vows books since we aren't going to be having a regular ceremony. I figured that was easier than pieces of paper. I ordered them in the colours I'm using so one will be pink and the other turquoise. They weren't expensive but I did the design and sent it and it was a lady on Etsy that did it. Just waiting for them to arrive.

We bought a bluetooth speaker on the weekend to use for the ceremony and then dinner. Since we're on a terrace at both places with no wifi or plugs we're using Doug's tablet for part of it and I think my iphone for part. The speaker is a Bose and it sounds awesome! I really like it.

The other thing we did was go shopping for a band and I ended up with two! Totally not what I was thinking I wanted but working with the girl in the jeweller's it worked out great. My rings are yellow gold so I naturally went looking for the same. But she brought out a rose gold and a white gold and before I could so no, I was picking the white gold. It really looks nice with my rings. Again, not at all what I expected. They're out being sized so I won't get them for about 2 weeks but here's the pic.I'm going to do one on either side of my wedding ring and it totally blings it out!

Attached File  pZALEPEPL1-8845306t400.jpg   16.64KB   8 downloads

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#875 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

@TinkerSofi Sorry - I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I meant to post this stuff in my own but I was jumping screens and got it all mixed up.

I wanted to ask you about the wedding DJ app. Did you use it with Wifi? Or was bluetooth sufficient? How did your timing work for the in betweens? Like signing your papers and stuff? Or did you have someone actually running it for you? My son is I think going to walk me across the terrace, but then if necessary I think I could have him run the app if I had to. Did you set your own timing or is it preset? I'm having a tough time figuring the app out. Any tips or pointers would be so appreciated!! Please and thank you!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#876 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

@TinkerSofi Sorry - I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I meant to post this stuff in my own but I was jumping screens and got it all mixed up.

I wanted to ask you about the wedding DJ app. Did you use it with Wifi? Or was bluetooth sufficient? How did your timing work for the in betweens? Like signing your papers and stuff? Or did you have someone actually running it for you? My son is I think going to walk me across the terrace, but then if necessary I think I could have him run the app if I had to. Did you set your own timing or is it preset? I'm having a tough time figuring the app out. Any tips or pointers would be so appreciated!! Please and thank you!

I'm sorry, I know I said id post some screenshots but then life got busy and I just forgot. The wedding app was great and I don't know what I would have done without it. My iPhone was actually plugged into the sound system, so I didn't need to use Bluetooth. However, if you're getting a speaker you can certainly pair it up with Bluetooth and you'll be ok. Just make sure your phone is plugged in because Bluetooth does drain the battery. I forgot to even turn off the wifi on mine and it drained it pretty quickly.

We had the songs in my phone so I didn't have to use the wi fi. I really don't recommend that you rely on the wireless there because it could be great or it could be horrible and you don't want to leave the music to chance. Just download your songs and create playlists of what you want. Then choose the playlists in the app and you're good. This is what my order looked like: Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441083618.651321.jpg   68.25KB   8 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441083628.701197.jpg   66.77KB   8 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441083635.418099.jpg   56.97KB   8 downloads

If I could go back, I wouldn't divide the party songs in two. Instead, I just left the song that was playing but turned down the volume a bit for the bouquet toss and the garter.

The ones that say wait, all that means is that when you end the song for that section it will wait until you swipe again before stating the next song. Rather than starting automatically.

We had someone from the hotel manage the music during the ceremony and everything turned out great. I have them a sheet with instructions on when to swipe to the next section. I don't think they had any problems figuring it out

Here are a couple more screenshots. The first one shows the screen you see when you choose a playlist for a specific time of the wedding and it shows you the options you have. Some sections, such as the entrance song, first dance or whatever, will only have a song rather than a playlist, so the app let's you do that too.

The second picture shows what you would see when you're using the player. In that specific screenshot, it's after ending the bride processional and it's "waiting". This would be while the ceremony happens, when you're both going to sign, whoever is in charge would just swipe at the top and it starts the song for you to sign the papers. Then you swipe again at the top when that is done and it will fade the song out. RAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441084111.042455.jpg   76.46KB   8 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441084120.194552.jpg   70.42KB   8 downloads

event.png

#877 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

I was finally able to download the video of our first dance! Hopefully I can post it on here and it works :) https://www.flickr.c...8/shares/31U3P0

Also, Octavio already sent us our raw photos. We just have to choose which ones we want edited, and let me tell you guys, it will be hard to choose haha. I am very very happy with his job so far, but I want to get the edited pictures before I write a full review. Here are some teasers :), keep in mind that nothing has been done to these pictures yet. 

Attached File  _A5A2938b.JPG   252.28KB   6 downloadsAttached File  _A5A3021.JPG   331.07KB   6 downloadsAttached File  _A5A3194.JPG   375.59KB   6 downloadsAttached File  _A5A3308.JPG   500.93KB   6 downloads

event.png

#878 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

The photos are beautiful xx I will try to play the video on my pc later as not showing on my phone.

I can't wait for more xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

Edited by maybeoneday, 31 August 2015 - 10:05 PM.

#879 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

@TinkerSofi your photos are absolutely beautiful! You look so happy! Congratulations again!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#880 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:38 AM

Your photos are beautiful. I especially love the one of you laughing.. it's so candid and real :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users