909 replies to this topic

#651 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:37 PM

Let me guess.... are you by any chance on a superbox? lol The majority of the delivery employees are so lazy they won't even try to deliver. They sit on the truck and fill out the card and stick it in either a mailbox or a superbox. They get to leave when their "deliveries" are done so guess what....

yeah it's really too bad. I'm afraid of ordering anything else now! 

event.png

#652 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

@TinkerSofi
That really sucks! I'm so sorry to hear that stuff has gone missing :( sometimes I seriously hate the mail. It doesn't matter who the courier is they all suck. I bought the iPhone 6 Plus back in September and luckily someone was home because they never rang the doorbell and just left my $1000 phone sitting outside :o!! I was furious. Hopefully your jewelry just shows up in time so you don't have to waste any money.

As for the hashtag, we are struggling with this too. We will decide on our hashtag closer to the date to make sure it doesn't get taken before the wedding. I'd pick something personal or even just your names and the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#653 TNT2015

TNT2015
  • 43 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

@TinkerSofi
That really sucks! I'm so sorry to hear that stuff has gone missing :( sometimes I seriously hate the mail. It doesn't matter who the courier is they all suck. I bought the iPhone 6 Plus back in September and luckily someone was home because they never rang the doorbell and just left my $1000 phone sitting outside :o!! I was furious. Hopefully your jewelry just shows up in time so you don't have to waste any money.

As for the hashtag, we are struggling with this too. We will decide on our hashtag closer to the date to make sure it doesn't get taken before the wedding. I'd pick something personal or even just your names and the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always have horror stories with mail. Last month, about a week's worth of mail was returned to sender because everyone 'moved and left no address'. Our apartment complex was under renovation and the mailman would have had to walk to all the buildings instead of driving up to each one. SO Frustrating!!

Excellence Riviera Cancun - 12.12.15 - My Planning Thread

#654 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

I always have horror stories with mail. Last month, about a week's worth of mail was returned to sender because everyone 'moved and left no address'. Our apartment complex was under renovation and the mailman would have had to walk to all the buildings instead of driving up to each one. SO Frustrating!!

I'm praying this week is the week! 

Last night we went to a wedding. It was nice because I could see how they did some of the things that were a big question mark for me hahah. For example, how the MC helped moved things along (we still have to ask someone about MCing), how long dinner approximately takes when you have a buffet. I was surprised, it was a lot less than I thought! People basically inhaled their food haha. 

I sent the brochures last night, no hashtag. I just thought, there's only 30 of us, I'm sure the pictures will make their way back to us somehow :). Plus, I couldn't think of a hashtag that I really liked for us, so it was better this way. 

I'm having second thoughts about my hair for the wedding. I knew this was bound to happen. To give you a bit of background, I have very long, thick hair, up to my waist. I love having my hair down and putting half of it up, curling it, etc. However, with the heat I thought it would be better having it up. Now I'm not so sure, I just love the half updo's. I take great pride on my hair and I love showing it off so now I'm considering going half-up. Maybe I can work with my friend who is a hair dresser to see if there's any that I cold put into a fancy side ponytail after the ceremony. I still haven't decided what to do, it might be a last minute decision haha, especially when I get to experience the heat over there :P

I feel like everything is pretty much done now. I'm going to try and start packing some of the wedding stuff, so i can see how many more suitcases we need and start planning how we can divide things among our family members so that we don't have to pay for many more extra suitcases. 

Almost a month out!! Last night at the wedding it finally started to dawn on me that the time is almost here! I had a bit of a freak out moment hahah. 

event.png

#655 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

You are getting so close and it was probably at about this point I panicked a little.  You are really realizing this is coming and quick! And just tying up all the lose ends and making sure everything is in order can be a bit overwhelming.  But this is where all your early planning and crafting will help ease the stress!!!!  Just remember all you have done!!!!  I always said 'could be worse' hehehe.

The hair is a hard one.  I know for my hair that it doesn't handle humidity well and that to have a style hold I needed to have it up.  Why don't you try to style your hair yourself once you arrive and wear it out and see how it holds up and if you can handle the heat on your neck? this will give you a good idea what you want for the day of your wedding.   I had a trial because I was so panicked but since you have long hair and probably style it often yourself you could do that and save money!   Either will be beautiful!!!  I have some humidity spray I bought that I don't think worked hahaha, but if you wanted to try it I can give it to you. No sense in you buying more!

I def. recommend an MC and if you have someone in your party who is funny and outgoing, even better. I really credit the flow and fun of our reception to our MC!!!  he was a stand in because our original MC lost his voice and he nailed it.

YAY!!!!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#656 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:57 AM

You are getting so close and it was probably at about this point I panicked a little.  You are really realizing this is coming and quick! And just tying up all the lose ends and making sure everything is in order can be a bit overwhelming.  But this is where all your early planning and crafting will help ease the stress!!!!  Just remember all you have done!!!!  I always said 'could be worse' hehehe.

The hair is a hard one.  I know for my hair that it doesn't handle humidity well and that to have a style hold I needed to have it up.  Why don't you try to style your hair yourself once you arrive and wear it out and see how it holds up and if you can handle the heat on your neck? this will give you a good idea what you want for the day of your wedding.   I had a trial because I was so panicked but since you have long hair and probably style it often yourself you could do that and save money!   Either will be beautiful!!!  I have some humidity spray I bought that I don't think worked hahaha, but if you wanted to try it I can give it to you. No sense in you buying more!

I def. recommend an MC and if you have someone in your party who is funny and outgoing, even better. I really credit the flow and fun of our reception to our MC!!!  he was a stand in because our original MC lost his voice and he nailed it.

YAY!!!!

That's a really good idea! I hope the hair dryers in the room have some power because I always just give up drying my hair when I go there with those small hair dryers haha. It's way too hot to be holding some hot hair to your face for an hour lol. I'll try doing that and see how it goes, like you said, it might look terrible in half an hour with the humidity and then I have to change plans anyway. I have some spray for "beach waves" I think it helps a little but my hair is naturally frizzy when I first wash it until it settles down or I curl it/straighten it. I have a trial on the second day when I'm there but it would be nice if I could narrow it down to an updo or half updo. Especially if I have to go for an updo, I've never had one done, so there might be some tweaking needed for the wedding day, it would be nice to try it first. The trial is free, so that's nice :).

We have to sit down and think about who is more likely to say yes to the MC job hahha. I would be terrified of doing that ahaha. 

event.png

#657 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Totally agree with Kim! Just think about everything that you've already done! Your planning has gone so well that I think you're more than ready.

Your hair... my big concern would definitely be the heat. If it's that long and that thick, I would really worry that you're going to be very, very hot. Especially since it's August. As Kim said, maybe try a couple of different ways yourself and see how it holds up, and how you feel. Definitely once it gets dark and you're partying, you could put it into a side ponytail. You probably won't want the veil on all night anyway so a side ponytail would work fine. Likely there will be a bit of a breeze up on the deck but I would bet not enough to really make you feel cool with your hair down. IMO lol

Can't believe we're in July already and you're getting so close!!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#658 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

@TinkerSofi You are so so close - just over a month to your big day!!!! So excited for you! I hope your items arrive in the mail soon!

As for the hair - I know for me, I have to have my hair up. I always think I'll like it down and half way through dancing I throw it up in a ponytail, not the look I want for my wedding. haha! I also over heat easily. That being said my best friend like you likes her hair down and envisioned it that way for her wedding. She had two weddings one here in Toronto and one for her family back home in Mexico. She had her hair up for the Toronto wedding and really didn't like the way it looked, even though everyone thought she looked amazing. She did it half up for her Mexico wedding (also in August - and nowhere near water so it was even hotter!) and she loved it and didn't find it too hot. 

I think it's like your dress, go with what you love even if it might be a bit hotter. Like acw271011 said you could always put it in a different simple style to put it up during the dancing so you can party all night! :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#659 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

I was just thinking about you and I saw your wedding ticker!!  It's coming up so quickly.  I remember the 1month mark and it was just a blink of an eye and now I am post wedding !! 

Enjoy this time and try to get all the annoying little things done and out of the way.  Sorry about the Canada Post issues, they definitely presented some issues with my wedding. 

I was reading your #hashtag dilemma - you could always do something fun with Spanglish.  We had a mixed group and used #BesosInParadise2015  everyone loved it and we are the only ones who have it so it was nice.  The husband came up with that one, it was inspired by Bachelor in Paradise which I am a huge fan of.  haha

What about #AzulAmor

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#660 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

I was just thinking about you and I saw your wedding ticker!!  It's coming up so quickly.  I remember the 1month mark and it was just a blink of an eye and now I am post wedding !! 

Enjoy this time and try to get all the annoying little things done and out of the way.  Sorry about the Canada Post issues, they definitely presented some issues with my wedding. 

I was reading your #hashtag dilemma - you could always do something fun with Spanglish.  We had a mixed group and used #BesosInParadise2015  everyone loved it and we are the only ones who have it so it was nice.  The husband came up with that one, it was inspired by Bachelor in Paradise which I am a huge fan of.  haha

What about #AzulAmor

I thought about AzulAmor but Juan wasn't a big fan of it, so we scratched it out haha. I loved your hashtag and I used it as inspiration for some of mine, but in the end I couldn't come up with one that I really loved. That's ok though. We have a pretty small and close knit group so I'm sure the pictures will make their way back to us one way or another :) 

I feel like 2 months was like yesterday, and now it's only a month pretty much. Time flies when you get closer to the wedding day. I'm also starting to lose weight for some reason, probably the stress :s. As long as the dress isn't too big I'm ok.

Last night Juan and I packed most of the wedding stuff. It turns out that we only need our family members to each bring a carry on filled with wedding stuff and about 3 OOT bags in each suitcase :). When spread out it doesn't seem like that much. The nice thing is that we probably won't have to pay for checking an extra suitcase. I don't mind the paying part so much, but I feel overwhelmed with being responsible for only one piece of luggage, plus a carry on and the dress, let alone if we had to carry a few suitcases each of us. I'd probably lose something haha. 

Today I contacted our legal ceremony officiant to see if there was anything we need to discuss before the wedding day. 

My necklace finally arrived to Calgary! Yay!! I'm guessing it will be delivered tomorrow. Still no word from the bridesmaid's gifts. At this point I'm starting to consider it a loss. If nothing comes in by thursday or friday I'll start seeing what I can do in order to get my money back. At the end of the day, I was more worried about my necklace because it's more important, but still. 

@snswedding2016 I think I'll follow Calgarybride's suggestion and try out how curls behave in the humidity and see whether I can even stand being with my hair down all night. Otherwise I'll do an updo for my trial and then go from there :). Another point towards the updo is our first dance. When my hair is lose it ends up whipping Juan in the face when we dance salsa and I don't want to have to worry about that. Ugh, I'm torn haha but i'm confident that I'll be able to figure it out once I'm there. I've pinned a few inspiration pictures for both types of hair do's just in case :)

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users