909 replies to this topic

#311 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

My friend used one for her wedding and then again as a bridesmaid at mine. I'll get a review from her :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#312 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

I'll be honest I've never heard anything "good" about those sticky things. If you're that worried I would just get fitted for a good strapless bra. It will help the fit of the dress and make sure you're comfortable.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#313 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

@TinkerSofi, after seeing the shoes with your dress, I do agree with everyone that the champagne doesn't look as vibrant and completely gets washed out. The pink looks nice and since they match Juan's tie, I say go for the pink!

I have worn the sticky strapless bras, I used to call the chicken cutlets because they totally look like them lol. They did not come off, even when I was sweating. The ones I had clasped in the middle so if you placed the cutlets further from each other and clasped them, you'd get more cleavage. So they were good at giving the girls some oomph, and there were no straps and were backless so they were great. They were also gel like so they weren't stiff and looked natural. If you are young to use them, I say get them before your next fitting because they will obviously add some size to your bust, not a lot but some.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#314 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

lol I love that! chicken cutlets!! cool!  Seriously do you remember what brand it was? I've never seen gel ones. Only the sticky ones that I've only heard negative remarks about, namely that they're uncomfortable.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#315 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

Thanks girls. After a lot of back and forth. I decided to keep the pink ones for the wedding :D . Now it's just a matter of calling Norstrom tomorrow for them to send me a 5 1/5 before they run out and I'll send the size 6 back. 

I have the stick on petals but never the whole bra because I was afraid that the glue wouldn't be strong enough. Only once I've had the issue where they moved. I had like a body suit on and all of a sudden I find one by my belly button and the other one somewhere on my ribs lol. I have no idea why as they were totally fine after and never had that issue again (maybe I put lotion on before wearing them, I don't remember). Lol @Wafflesmom they do look like that! haha. It freaks me out when I wear the petals because I always forget I have them and when I take my clothes off it looks totally freaky haha.Where are the ones you have from @Wafflesmom? I'll definitely give that a try because at least if I flash someone it will be with chicken cutlets lol. I really dislike the foam inserts they just looked weird all night, at least for me.

I got the guy's ties today from Etsy! I bought Juan the one with the stripes. It was the only left so I ordered the solid pink ones for the groomsmen. I'll post more when they arrive! 

I'll be honest I've never heard anything "good" about those sticky things. If you're that worried I would just get fitted for a good strapless bra. It will help the fit of the dress and make sure you're comfortable.

I measured the heels! They're around 3.5 (from the very Base of the heel to the floor) but very comfortable. They feel like maybe 3. The strap at the front is wide and comfortable so your toes don't slide around too much. The biggest thing is getting the ribbon tight enough to hold the back part of the shoe securely. If you have really skinny ankles it might be more of a problem but otherwise they're ok :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#316 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Yay for the Pink!!! Oh and I love the blue. They're super cute!!! I found one pair I really like but they don't have my size so I've put it on a flag if they do come along.

I had cups sewn into my dress because I didn't want to wear a full bra when we got married and it worked out perfectly. They didn't look fake at all thank fully. The seamstress stitched them right into the dress. I definitely don't need cleavage unfortunately (less is definitely more!! lol) so I wasn't too worried about that, but Victoria Secret has some really nice strapless bras with push up, and with the new lighter fabrics they have, you could take a look and see how hot they might be, but I don't think they would be.

event.png

#317 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

@TinkerSofi those chicken cutlets lasted a long time and were comfy. They never ended up on my belly and I think that would've been so funny if it did happen. I do believe you have to have dry skin with no lotions to make sure they stay. And I agree that it also freaks me out when I forget I have the nipple pasties on. The silicone ones totally blend in with my skin and it looks like I have no nipples at all

So believe it or not, I last bought the silicone adhesive bras at one of those kiosks in the middle of the mall. You know, the ones that sell curlers, cell phone covers, etc. you can check those out but not certain if they still sell them. In case they don't, I fund some research and the U.S. website for David's Bridal says they sell them for $31. http://www.davidsbri...dhesive-Bra-SIM
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#318 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

Yay for the Pink!!! Oh and I love the blue. They're super cute!!! I found one pair I really like but they don't have my size so I've put it on a flag if they do come along.

I had cups sewn into my dress because I didn't want to wear a full bra when we got married and it worked out perfectly. They didn't look fake at all thank fully. The seamstress stitched them right into the dress. I definitely don't need cleavage unfortunately (less is definitely more!! lol) so I wasn't too worried about that, but Victoria Secret has some really nice strapless bras with push up, and with the new lighter fabrics they have, you could take a look and see how hot they might be, but I don't think they would be.

yeah I think the inserts work great when you have a nice cleavage already but they just looked very strange on me, at least I felt weird and they weren't comfortable. It was almost like I had two pillows on there haha. Small chested problems I guess :P 

I'll check out the different options. The biggest thing is that it has to be something backless or close to it because the dress goes down at the back and I don't want to worry about the strap showing. 

@Wafflesmom oh god, I've had my pasties for like a year now haha, those things don't quit. Only now I started noticing that the very edges don't stick on as much as they used to but they still work fine. I really don't know what happened that one night but we sure had a good laugh with my girlfriends about it haha. It's good to know that the glue is just as strong on the bras as it is on the pasties. I don't know why I felt like it wouldn't be because they were bigger and heavier. 

event.png

#319 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

@TinkerSofi those chicken cutlets lasted a long time and were comfy. They never ended up on my belly and I think that would've been so funny if it did happen. I do believe you have to have dry skin with no lotions to make sure they stay. And I agree that it also freaks me out when I forget I have the nipple pasties on. The silicone ones totally blend in with my skin and it looks like I have no nipples at all

So believe it or not, I last bought the silicone adhesive bras at one of those kiosks in the middle of the mall. You know, the ones that sell curlers, cell phone covers, etc. you can check those out but not certain if they still sell them. In case they don't, I fund some research and the U.S. website for David's Bridal says they sell them for $31. http://www.davidsbri...dhesive-Bra-SIM

Those are so cool!! So how do they stay in place? I see the clip in the front but what about straps, or a back? The price is pretty good too! How long do they last?

event.png

#320 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

Those are so cool!! So how do they stay in place? I see the clip in the front but what about straps, or a back? The price is pretty good too! How long do they last?

if they're anything like the pasties I have they have glue on the inside so they just stick on. It does feel like they'll fall off but they don't! It's crazy and if you take care of them they last forever! At least mine came with a little plastic sheet so I could stick them back on there when they're not being used, and just making sure you don't use lotion before you put them on. I've had them since 2 summers ago and they're still going strong. Since I pretty much have no natural cleavage I wear them quite a bit when I go out with shirts that are backless or have a plunge neckline. 

I got the pasties from La Senza but I haven't tried their silicone bra so I can't speak about the strength of the glue. It's also totally painless when you take them off. It's like magic! 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users