Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

Hope you feel better!!!

Both ties are great. I like the color of tie two better but both are nice :)

I think blue or grey pants would be nice. Grey may be more safe unless you can find a matching blue or one that contrasts nicely with his shade. Was contrast the right word? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@TinkerSofi We just bought some great light Grey with a blueish tint dress pants from the banana republic outlet for 45 taxes in this weekend...they would match your groom perfect! they had tons of them...

• Like 2

Gah!! I had replied to everyone and it got erased. Here goes the second shot haha. 

Hope you feel better!!!

Both ties are great. I like the color of tie two better but both are nice :)

I think blue or grey pants would be nice. Grey may be more safe unless you can find a matching blue or one that contrasts nicely with his shade. Was contrast the right word? Hahaha

I totally know what you mean, it might be better to have a contrasting color rather than a mismatched one. I'm just worried that there will be too many colors. The BM dresses are periwinkle, the groom's suit is blue and the GM pants grey. I guess there's some continuity as the guy's ties will be pink like our bouquets and I guess it's not necessary that the groom has to be matching everyone else. 

I agree about the blue pants and white shirt. I prefer tie #1 ....the shade of pink is what I like over #2. That's kinda the direction I want to go in but I have to present it to the FI. He needs to see it ....so when you have pics please post :)

I still haven't shown #2 to him but I have a feeling he will pick #1. I'm still waiting for one of the groomsmen to see if he's coming or not so we pay for shipping only once. 

So Since you are an Ocean / Mermaid Girl too I thought I's share this with you....I'm getting a custom Bikini made from Cheeks Bikini's the fabric is called mermaid blue....they have tons of colors...but my neighbour got the Mermaid Green and I loved it so I had to order one for myself!

Cheek Bikinis

10475689_739604666152728_349357446616497

Ps LOVE His Suit! its Fantastic! I like Tie # 1 the best...but to tell the truth I kinda like it with out a tie just like he is in the pic

I love it! It's so mermaidish :). I have an obsession with bathing suits, you would think I live by the beach but no, I just love them :). I definitely have to check this store out. 

I kind of thought the same about the no tie look! I thought it looked pretty cool, but I know he wants a tie so there's no arguing with him haha. 

I love Juan's suit! I absolutely love that color!!!

About the kids menu... I have... 2 babies - a year and a half by then. a 3 year old, a 4 year old, a 6 year old and an 8 year. I think I am going to do kid's menus for all of them. I will probably ask because it is my sister and my sister in law.

Maybe I'd consider paying for the 8yr old, maybe, but for the younger ones I think it's a waste of money paying for a buffet. I remember I was 10 the first time I went to a buffet, my friends and I hit the ice cream bar pretty hard, but other than that we didn't eat much. 

@@TinkerSofi We just bought some great light Grey with a blueish tint dress pants from the banana republic outlet for 45 taxes in this weekend...they would match your groom perfect! they had tons of them...

awesome! I need to check them out then. My brother just left to school today but maybe he can try some on over there and then they can decide which ones they like better. Yesterday I saw express has a sale too and they're about the same price :)

Feel better!! :)

I love the look of the first tie (solid). What a great colour and it's going to go so well with the blue!

Yeah! We tried a bunch at the store but they didn't have skinny ties, which he really likes :), and they were more of a bright pink or a purplish pink which doesn't quite go with our pastel colors. 

So Since you are an Ocean / Mermaid Girl too I thought I's share this with you....I'm getting a custom Bikini made from Cheeks Bikini's the fabric is called mermaid blue....they have tons of colors...but my neighbour got the Mermaid Green and I loved it so I had to order one for myself!

Cheek Bikinis

10475689_739604666152728_349357446616497

Ps LOVE His Suit! its Fantastic! I like Tie # 1 the best...but to tell the truth I kinda like it with out a tie just like he is in the pic

OMG!!! you've created a monster hahah. She has so many cute fabrics and I love the fits, including the thong one :). I don't know if I'd wear the thong for the wedding week, with my parents around lol, but maybe for Vegas or the honeymoon? How much are they? Please post pictures when you get it! Do they fit nicely too? 

Juan's Suit

We went to pick up his suit this week. He looks HOT!! haha (of course I would say that right? :wub: ) . He would kill me if he sees that I posted this picture here because he doesn't like the picture, but he doesn't have to know right? I'm kinda glad he went with the made to measure suit because it looked so much better than all the other suits he had tried on. The picture really doesn't do it justice. I'm also happy he went with blue, it's just his color, so he'll wear it again and his little face when he tried it on was priceless :D. We were making jokes about "say yes to the suit" bahaha.

IMG_2451_zpsqbmqkfjk.jpeg

wow sexy guy!

Sorry for being kind of MIA the last few days. I've been following people's threads but I've had very little energy to reply. I caught a stomach bug that has kept me in bed for the last 2 days :( so not much planning going on. Unless you count all the netflix shows I caught up on...

Thanks! I totally love the color as well. It's nice and fun! Very youthful, and same with the fit of the suit.

The groomsmen will be wearing dress pants, white shirts and pink ties (same tie as the groom). I wanted grey pants for them but now I think it will look better if they're all wearing blue. We'll be getting them from express because they have a very nice fit and they can be worn again :). We're just waiting on another one of his friends to see if he will be standing with us.

The ties will be from Etsy most likely. I haven't decided yet on #1 or #2. I found #2 the other day and forgot to show it to the fiance today to see what he thinks. They're both from a store called TieObsessed. They literally have every color under the sun.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-05%20at%2010.44.Screen%20Shot%202015-04-05%20at%2010.45.

Love number 2!! that will really pop in your pictures!
  • Like 1

I love it! It's so mermaidish :). I have an obsession with bathing suits, you would think I live by the beach but no, I just love them :). I definitely have to check this store out.

OMG!!! you've created a monster hahah. She has so many cute fabrics and I love the fits, including the thong one :). I don't know if I'd wear the thong for the wedding week, with my parents around lol, but maybe for Vegas or the honeymoon? How much are they? Please post pictures when you get it! Do they fit nicely too?

So I picked the Veronica top in black and the Courtney bottom in mermaid blue $55 usd total for both ... You email her tell her what you want, she will tell you the price... She will start making it once you send the money. I only just ordered it the other day... But my neighbour bought one (different peices) and it fits her great! I don't think I could do a thong...my bum it just a tad to jiggly for that lol... I got moderate coverage on the bottoms!

• Like 3

So I picked the Veronica top in black and the Courtney bottom in mermaid blue $55 usd total for both ... You email her tell her what you want, she will tell you the price... She will start making it once you send the money. I only just ordered it the other day... But my neighbour bought one (different peices) and it fits her great! I don't think I could do a thong...my bum it just a tad to jiggly for that lol... I got moderate coverage on the bottoms!

that's awesome. Have you seen the mermaid fabric under water? It looks super cool :). Now I want one!! haha.

I'd probably buy a medium/small coverage the first time and then buy a thong if it turns out well. I have a pretty big butt so sometimes it's actually harder for me to find medium coverage that fits ok vs. small coverage. The elastic around the leg holes of the medium coverage bottoms can be really small and they sort of cut my butt cheeks right in half and make it look like I have 3 butts haha, not pretty :P

• Like 2

I finally kind of got back into the planning today. I've been super lazy this whole week haha. I guess I still have time to give myself the luxury to slack off for a week without major consequences. 

I got my veil weights from @@pddcmc this week! yay! I haven't tried them outside yet, but I put them on the veil today and they blend in pretty nicely: 

bd4bc8f0-5dc6-4e91-9e49-642b4e101918_zps

The trick is to place them all at different heights, otherwise they stick to each other and your veil ends up all bunched up haha. 

Other than that not much happening. I worked on our ceremony script today and we're sitting down with Juan tomorrow to keep working on it together. Right now I basically copied and pasted from two different scripts but I need to cut it down, especially if I want a Spanish and English ceremony. I really want to keep it short and sweet, especially since it will be so hot out. Neither of us are really good poets so there's no hope for us coming up with anything original for this thing haha. It will be our little Frankeinceremony :D (made out of pieces of different scripts).

Right now I'm trying to sort out some music that I have and hoping to get started on the playlist. Then I'll keep getting some more as I think of newer songs :)

I'm having a huge dilemma with the timeline of things and times of events. Juan basically told me that he was cool with anything I decided, so I'm recruiting you guys! 

Here is what our week itinerary looks like: 

Sunday - We arrive

Monday @7:30 - Semi private dinner for everyone. 

Thursday - Wedding

My dilemma here is that apparently the restaurant where we get the semi-private dinner is not very good. We get this dinner for free and the main purpose is for people to get to know each other. Past brides have recommended meeting with everyone at one of the bars and having like a cocktail hour there and then saving the free semi-private dinner for the rehearsal dinner. What do you guys think? I think the cocktail hour would be better for people to mingle rather than having dinner with long tables set up, but I'm not sure. I can still make reservations at another restaurant for the rehearsal dinner, since our families are small and we have a small bridal party. 

Itinerary for the wedding day:  Sunset is at 7:19

Ceremony @6:00-6:30

Reception @8:00-12:00

I'm wondering whether I should move up the ceremony to 5:00 and then reception 7:00-11:00. The hotel would kill me because I already moved it from 5:00 to 6:00 before haha. I honestly don't know why I'm so indecisive about this! I want to get that soft light of sunset for the pictures and I'm afraid that it will be too dark by 7:00 when we get to do couple shots. I don't know if anyone can help out with this  :mellow: . Maybe I should e-mail my photographer and ask his opinion. He is the expert after all :P

Update on the shoes:

Well, remember how I wasn't totally sure about the shoes? I found these other ones that I absolutely love, they're also from Nordstrom and they are so me it's not even funny. So...i ordered them haha. I love the pink but they didn't have my size, only half a size bigger (which sometimes fits depending on the shoe), so I ordered them in that size and the champagne in my actual size. Of course I'll be returning a pair but I'm really hoping the pink ones will fit! They're supposed to be here next week. Funny story, I waited about a week for them to bring more sizes and they didn't so I ordered. What happened today? they have the pink ones in my size!! Ugh *crying face*. If push comes to shove I'll exchange them. The nice thing about Nordstrom is that I can return online purchases to the store and they charge a flat shipping rate. 

I don't think I'll return the first ones I got because I also love them and they go with so many outfits!! I just wasn't sure I loved them for the wedding with my dress. I felt like the dress was very princessy and the sandals not so much (despite the nice sparkles). These ones fit perfectly with the dress. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-10%20at%2010.37.

• Like 6

@Tinkersofi 

We're doing an informal welcome cocktail party (ie. picking one bar to meet up at lol! ). We're probably going to go with 1910 -The Mexican Cantina. It sounds like there is space inside and outside for people to mingle. We're using our semi private dinner at Flavours for our rehearsal dinner but after reading your post, I thought oh maybe having it the day after we arrive is a good idea. So my post may not be helpful at all as I'm starting to reconsider my own itinerary! ;)

As for the ceremony and reception time…are you guys doing a first look before the ceremony? If you are that will allow you to take photos ahead of time and still keep a later ceremony like you want. If you're not than you might start to run out of light trying to get all your photos done after the ceremony. Are you doing a lot of group photos after the ceremony? If it is just you and your hubby mainly than it might not be so bad timing wise. I think asking your photographer is your best bet. I did the same trying to figure out timing…and like you I've changed my ceremony start time twice with Karisma. lol! I moved it up once to allow for more photos with the light (as per our photographer's suggestion) and then we moved it back because of the new daylight savings. Both times I almost couldn't move it because of other weddings scheduled. In the end it all worked out. 

Love the new shoes - super cute!!!

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 1

@@snswedding2016 thank you for your help. Just now we've started considering a first look. How does that work? Do you do a first look and then still do some other couple shots? 

I think I might keep the dinner at Flavours as a welcome dinner, then go to 1910 afterwards for people to keep mingling. After all food makes everything better and the dinner is only an hour and a half. Then I'll do a reservation at another one of the restaurants for the rehearsal dinner the day before the wedding.

Sometimes just writing things on here really helps to clear up ideas. Thank you!  

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi I looove those shoes, the pink ones are really nice I do agree that these will look gorgeous with your wedding gown. I love the bow and rhinestones on the ankle cuff. Elegant with bling, can't go wrong with that!

I'm a big fan of brightly coloured shoes with wedding dresses. I'm also looking for a pink/coral or blue (for something blue). Since I have time, I'm waiting for a trip across the border to try them on.

And don't return the other sandals. Maybe shoes for your semi-private dinner?

As for your timeline, I think mingling at the bar or lounge would better so it's not as formal. I find that long tables aren't conducive to getting to know a lot of ppl, just those around you. Why don't you just have everyone meet at the lounge an hour or two before the dinner for everyone so ppl get to mingle before dinner? Then just make a separate reservation for your rehearsal dinner? Would that work?

As for your wedding day, I've been told that the optimal light for sunset pics is an hour before sunset. So if sunset is at 7:19, maybe moving the ceremony to 5-5:30 would be best since optimal time would be 6:19. Then you can take pics from 5:30-6:45 and start reception at 7. The sun sets so quickly that you may lose a lot of light by 7. This Wil ensure light and beautiful sunset pics for your couple shots

Edited by Wafflesmom
  • Like 2

That sounds like a good plan!! The mingling is key! Sean and I were talking to a friend last night about DWs and she said she went to one two years ago but no one introduced the group to each other or had any sort of events (private or otherwise) before the wedding so she didn't know anyone when it came time for the wedding date. I thought that was a bit bizarre. I don't think you need to do private events every night but at least get the group all together in some way so they can start to get to know one another. 

As for the first look, we're still learning the process as well. At first Sean wasn't sure if he wanted to see me before the ceremony, not for superstitious reasons but he always thought the first time he'd see me in my dress would be walking down the aisle. The more we talked about it and after talking to our photographer we thought it would be best to do it to maximize our time. I also love the idea of capturing the reaction of both bride and groom seeing each other for the first time.  Our photographer says he usually only schedules them for 15 min.

We're going to do:

Getting ready photos

First look (15 min)

Bridal Party Pics (15-20 min)

Ceremony

Group Pics (family & friends 20 min)

Couple Pics (in addition to the first look 45 min)

Reception

Edited by snswedding2016