909 replies to this topic

#241 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

@TinkerSofi I think most kids will want to choose something from the kids menu. I showed my fiance the kid's menu and he half jokingly wanted to order off of it too. LOL! I think it offers a good variety for what kids like to eat. I also like that the meals come with a choice of fruit, veggies or fries as well as a choice of dessert. I'm doing a 3 course plated menu and having the kids order from the kid's menu. I posted the kid's menu on our private facebook group for the wedding and all of the parents are very excited about it. :) Hope that helps.

Excellent! Yeah I thought they had really good stuff in there! I want the ice cream! Haha.

I wanted to ask my WC but maybe you have the answer and it will be a lot quicker haha. Do we have to pick one item for all the kids or can each of them pick what they want. Also do we have to pick ahead of time or can it be done at the wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#242 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

@TinkerSofi I had the exact same questions. The kids can pick and choose (they do no all have to order the same thing) and they can choose at the reception. You have the option of selecting the meal ahead of time but it is not necessary. I decided to leave it up to the kids and the parents on the night of. I know how much my niece flip flops on what she wants depending on her mood so I think leaving it open is probably for the best.  ;)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#243 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

@TinkerSofi I had the exact same questions. The kids can pick and choose (they do no all have to order the same thing) and they can choose at the reception. You have the option of selecting the meal ahead of time but it is not necessary. I decided to leave it up to the kids and the parents on the night of. I know how much my niece flip flops on what she wants depending on her mood so I think leaving it open is probably for the best. ;)

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I didn't want to choose one thing for all kids. And I flip flop around as to what I want haha so I can't even imagine kids! Thanks for the info!

event.png

#244 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

I am interested to know what happens with the kids menu as well. For our dinner we only get to choose one meal for the adults, which is ok because adults are easier to please. Kids are so unpredictable that I cant see choosing one meal for all of them. One day they might like chicken fingers, and the very next day they hate them! My fiance and I actually had the same conversation about ordering from the kids menu. We are both very 'plain' eaters and all the menu options seem so fancy for us. Im not going to lie, we had to google what something was while looking at the menu. Haha. 

#245 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

I wouldn't give this another thought -- gets the kid's menu!!

1. at their age, they won't eat near enough to even justify a buffet price!

2. they are also picky and a burger/fries or chicken nuggets will make everyone much happier in the end (kids get something they want and parents don't have to listen to the kids whine they don't like fish or steak or whatever)

3. I can guarantee you with 100% certainty no one will bat and eye you had a kid's menu for them - they will probably appreciate it, refer back to #2 and kids whining lol. 

My kids are 9 and the kid's menu was great and more than enough food.

I did send a quick text to all the parents (wasn't many) and gave them the choices of the kids menu and they all said 'all work, whatever you want'  So I got them all cheeseburgers.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 01 April 2015 - 03:17 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#246 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

I wouldn't give this another thought -- gets the kid's menu!!

1. at their age, they won't eat near enough to even justify a buffet price!

2. they are also picky and a burger/fries or chicken nuggets will make everyone much happier in the end (kids get something they want and parents don't have to listen to the kids whine they don't like fish or steak or whatever)

3. I can guarantee you with 100% certainty no one will bat and eye you had a kid's menu for them - they will probably appreciate it, refer back to #2 and kids whining lol. 

My kids are 9 and the kid's menu was great and more than enough food.

I did send a quick text to all the parents (wasn't many) and gave them the choices of the kids menu and they all said 'all work, whatever you want'  So I got them all cheeseburgers.

That's great! I totally wanted the opinion from a mom as to whether this was seen as ok. I agree that paying even half of the price for the buffet is just too much for kids who are so young, two of them don't even really know what's going on haha. I find kids usually like the simple things that they're used to at home. I still have to meet my first kid foodie bahaha. 

There's not a lot of them which should simplify things :). I'll ask them in a couple of months what they would like. Since we're up in the terrace we can't have a la carte menus I better double check if this also applies to the kids menu. 

I am interested to know what happens with the kids menu as well. For our dinner we only get to choose one meal for the adults, which is ok because adults are easier to please. Kids are so unpredictable that I cant see choosing one meal for all of them. One day they might like chicken fingers, and the very next day they hate them! My fiance and I actually had the same conversation about ordering from the kids menu. We are both very 'plain' eaters and all the menu options seem so fancy for us. Im not going to lie, we had to google what something was while looking at the menu. Haha. 

OMG, I am so bad, even when I cook and they call for all these strange ingredients I always have to google things haha. Then the problem comes from the fact that I have no clue where to find this at the store :P. I guess we're all creatures of habit, even though I love food and trying new things I don't know the name of anything. I'm the most clueless person ever. 

event.png

#247 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Oh boy I hadn't even thought about the kids menu! I don't have kids so I don't even think about these things. Ha. I also only have 3 kids coming aged 5, 2.5 and 1 but the older 2 definitely won't eat anything we are eating for dinner! I better ask about that...see, this is why I need to spend all this time reading these forums. Haha!

#248 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

wow, I never even thought about a kids menu.  I don't even know if they offer a kids menu.  They have kids pricing for our dinner so many they do?  oh man

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#249 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:37 AM

wow, I never even thought about a kids menu. I don't even know if they offer a kids menu. They have kids pricing for our dinner so many they do? oh man

If we chose the regular menu everyone else is choosing they'd be charging us too. Maybe ask your coordinator. Sometimes they don't straight up tell you these things ;)

event.png

#250 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

@TinkerSofi

True.  They charge a lower price for the children so I should probably ask about the details. 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users