#141 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

Update on the Attire

This weekend we went to pick out Juan's suit. He ended up buying it at Harry Rosen, and paying a little bit more than he wanted but just the look on his face was priceless haha (it was like the say yes to the dress moment but man version hahah). I was happy for him :).  He bought a made to measure suit because they were having a special and the price was around the same as some of the other ones he liked, with the plus that he could change all the things he didn't quite like on the already made ones and he got to pick the fabric. 

He ended up choosing a blue fabric, it's not navy and it's not light blue either, somewhere in between. I do like the color and it looks very nice on him. I really tried to persuade him to get a light suit, but he didn't like them and I agreed with him, if he was going to spend all that money, he might as well get something that he will definitely use again because he loves it. The suit should be in in about 2-3 weeks and I'll try to post a picture when it comes in. We both agreed we will have a backup outfit for him to change into once the party starts :). It will probably consist of a short sleeve shirt and some nice bermudas. 

Funny story, the guy brought up two jackets at first, when he tried on this one, it look AMAZING! (that's an understatement and I cannot stress it enough haha) so I asked him, "that one is more expensive, right?" well, it turns out it was an Armani suit, and it was over $2000! hahah Juan basically took it off before he could fall in love with it too much :P

Emergency Kits for OOT bags

I got a few more items for the OOT bags and I'm officially done with collecting things for them. yay! I decided to add some kind of emergency kit. All this is kinda funny because I started off being like, no bags! haha. I got a sewing kit for each bag at Michael's, they were $1.50 and I used a coupon on top, of course hahah. I swear, every time I travel I need these sewing kits! Anything from my dress strap coming undone, to my foot getting infected and needing an needle to draw out the infection. I thought that they could come in handy for at least some people. The scissors are total crap, but at least my mom and I had a good laugh about it hahah. Everything else is pretty good. 

This is the final list of items:

- Sarongs for the ladies (ebay)

- waterproof cell phone/money holder for the men (ebay)

- Colorful Sunglasses (logolenses.com)

- Pack of gum (superstore wholesale, although Dollarama had the same prices)

- emergency kit:

• Diarrhea relief (Costco)
  • Tylenol extra strength (Superstore wholesale)
  • anti acid (superstore wholesale)
  • nail file (dollarama, pack of 36)
  • band aids (dollarama)

All in all, we spent around $350 for 25 bags and their goodies for 50 people. I'm pretty happy with that, with the original budget being $300. 

I'm attaching some pictures but I'm still missing some items. All the emergency kit stuff will go in the polk-a-dot bag :)

For the Tylenol. I kind of cut some corners. I really wanted to include some in the bags but I couldn't find any of those cute individual packages that wouldn't put us over our budget. Therefore, I bought them in bulk and I'm including a few for each bag in a little package. 

What's left: 

- This week I'll be trying out the stencil to see if that's an option for the bags. I'll keep you guys posted 

- I'm finishing up the welcome brochure. MOH #1 is helping me out with one side of it.

- creating a tag for the emergency kits/wedding survival kit. 

Update on the Table Numbers

I bought some place holders from Michael's for the signs and so that project is basically finished. I attached a picture. I had to put a little square of cardstock on the back of each sign because the paper was too thin to be held by the place holder. They should work, even with the wind because those things are heavier than bricks! I will definitely bring only the necessary number of them haha. 

Attached Files

event.png

#142 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

Everything looks great. I love the look of the sunglasses. I'm definitely going to get them but I'll wait a bit yet to see how many we need. I was going to go with the pink and the dark blue. Figure it will look cool in pictures.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#143 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

Everything looks great. I love the look of the sunglasses. I'm definitely going to get them but I'll wait a bit yet to see how many we need. I was going to go with the pink and the dark blue. Figure it will look cool in pictures.

the blue ones also look really cool. I was just too lazy to get different colors from my basement for the picture hahah. 

event.png

#144 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

Everything looks great!!

A $2000 Armani suit, he better have looked hot!  hehe!  Glad he found something he loved and can wear again!

We bought the same nail files but I could only use the small ones as the large ones didn't fit in the cups. I have a tonne of them left over. 

I have saw those table number holders and you are right - they are like bricks. Will work great to weigh them down, as I did have some of my frames topple over until the wind settled!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#145 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

Looks awesome!! I especially love those little sewing kits.. they are so cute and compact! I haven't seen those at my Michaels here, but i'm probably not looking hard enough!

The table numbers look great :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#146 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:10 AM

Looks awesome!! I especially love those little sewing kits.. they are so cute and compact! I haven't seen those at my Michaels here, but i'm probably not looking hard enough!

When I am in Michaels they are in the $1.50 bins. 

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#147 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

Wow only $350 on your oot bags? Good job! I am trying to decide if I am going to do them and I keep budgeting like $1000 and I just don't have the money to spend on them. if they were even $400 I could afford that though! I may be pushing that to the fall to see what I can really afford.

I love them though!!!

#148 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

Wow only $350 on your oot bags? Good job! I am trying to decide if I am going to do them and I keep budgeting like $1000 and I just don't have the money to spend on them. if they were even $400 I could afford that though! I may be pushing that to the fall to see what I can really afford.

I love them though!!!

I think it is completely possible to keep them way under $1000!  Sean and I have been collecting things for a while now. I have been tracking the price and for 28 adults and 6 children (so far, hope the number stays this way), we have only spent $144.50 so far. We do have a few more things to add and pick up, but at the end of it all we are hoping to stay at around $300. 

I should add that we are doing separate guest favours, and we are not counting that price in the OOT bags. 

Edited by MissJen3, 16 March 2015 - 07:40 AM.

#149 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

@TinkerSofi This feels like a dumb question but what's a superstore wholesale?

I can't wait to see a complete pic of your OOT bag! Your table numbers are awesome! 

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#150 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:08 AM

Everything looks great!!

A $2000 Armani suit, he better have looked hot!  hehe!  Glad he found something he loved and can wear again!

We bought the same nail files but I could only use the small ones as the large ones didn't fit in the cups. I have a tonne of them left over. 

I have saw those table number holders and you are right - they are like bricks. Will work great to weigh them down, as I did have some of my frames topple over until the wind settled!

I know! Holy, then we started wondering who would buy such a thing haha, probably people who wear suits every day I'm guessing. A lot of our friends are getting married so Juan will definitely use his suit again ;)

I think even small files will do the trick. My nails grow so quickly in the tropics that I look like a witch by the time the week is over haha.

I've done experiment #1 with the table numbers. I put one in my room and turned the fan on. They did move a little but they didn't tip over, which is good. Next is experiment #2, taking them outside on one of those crazy windy days we get and seeing what happens. 

Those sewing kits are so cute I thought. They're by the front in the $1.50 bins like Calgarybride mentioned 

If people don't use them this time around they might come in handy for another trip. I always make sure to bring one when I travel. 

I love them though!!!

Yeah! Honestly I thought we wouldn't be able to get much in that budget, but if you shop around you can definitely find good deals. If you have enough time always wait for sales and coupons everywhere :). Looking at these forums you always want to go crazy and buy everything because some girls put together really good bags haha but personally I'm happy with what we got for our budget :). According to Juan I'm the deal hunter hahah. 

I think it is completely possible to keep them way under $1000!  Sean and I have been collecting things for a while now. I have been tracking the price and for 28 adults and 6 children (so far, hope the number stays this way), we have only spent $144.50 so far. We do have a few more things to add and pick up, but at the end of it all we are hoping to stay at around $300. 

I should add that we are doing separate guest favours, and we are not counting that price in the OOT bags. 

We're also doing favors and I didn't include that in the price. My mom will be gifting me those :) and they'll be something small and edible. They're mainly to look pretty on the tables haha. I got the favour boxes way before I even started thinking about bags. They really didn't cost much but I'm of the philosophy that there is nothing more expensive than that which you buy and don't use. 

Our bags will definitely be the big favours though :)

@TinkerSofi This feels like a dumb question but what's a superstore wholesale?

I can't wait to see a complete pic of your OOT bag! Your table numbers are awesome! 

Are there Superstores in Ontario? Superstore is like a big supermarket and they have really good prices regularly, but they also have a wholesale division. They sell things in bulk. I'm not sure if you need a business to shop there, my mom has one so I went with her, but you might be able to shop there anyways.

To be honest, if you can't shop there you might not be missing much.  The medications I didn't feel like they were a whole lot cheaper, and they didn't really come in bulk (like 30 packs or anything like that). You can probably find the same prices online, but since I was there I bought the gum, the tylenol and the anti acid. I'm not sure what Tylenol sells at these days at a regular store, but I got a bottle of 200 for $12 or around there. For the gum they worked out to be the same as Dollarama, 77c each pack, but rather than getting the smaller packs (the ones you snap out of the package) I was able to get those bigger packs (the ones that come in little sticks of gum). 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users