HeyItsJackie

Newbie!

Hello all :)

Recently engaged and we have decided on a destination Wedding. I am looking for advice/reviews on locations. So far we know it has to be in Mexico as FH has family there and they will be attending. We just can't seem to find the right place. We will only have about 20 guests (immediate family only) and our budget is $5000. We are not paying for our guests. Do you think this budget is reasonable? We don't want anything extravagant. We like sweet and simple.

Congrats! Welcome/ you will love this forum and the girls here... It will serve as such a blessing as you plan your special day!

My first reccomendation is to find a great TA who specializes in DW! They will be your biggest ally in the starting process. Not sure if you are American or Canadian, but travel is set up differently depending on this. Wright travel is hands down the best TAs if you are from the US (they own this site!!) and if Canadian there are a bunch of us Canadian girls who can offer recommendations.

• Like 1

Congrats! Welcome/ you will love this forum and the girls here... It will serve as such a blessing as you plan your special day!

My first reccomendation is to find a great TA who specializes in DW! They will be your biggest ally in the starting process. Not sure if you are American or Canadian, but travel is set up differently depending on this. Wright travel is hands down the best TAs if you are from the US (they own this site!!) and if Canadian there are a bunch of us Canadian girls who can offer recommendations.

Thank you for your response. I've never used a TA before....do they charge a fee or do they get their commission from the hotel?

@@HeyItsJackie - welcome to BDW!! 

TAs are compensated by the resorts. They are super helpful when it comes to planning your guests travel and taking that stress off your plate. They can help you narrow down the resorts based on what you are looking for - cost, location, amenities, family vs. adults only, etc.

I'd suggest going with a TA who has extensive experience with Destination Weddings - not just a random TA. They are familiar with the wedding planning and events themselves, not just the resorts/airfare aspect. Plus they usually have relationships with the resort groups for extra perks like free events or resort credits for the group. 

Thank you for your response. I've never used a TA before....do they charge a fee or do they get their commission from the hotel?

• Like 1

Welcome HeyItsJackie, and Congrats on your upcoming dw!!! you've come to a great place to find lots of wonderful ideas, suggestions, advice and support from all the resources you can find here :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans, Cheers!!! team MTM :)

here's a magical wedding moment that matters Linc captured in our magnificent Mayan Riviera .....enjoy!!!

from the Grand Sunset Princess Wedding Album.....

10850150_10152914107299487_6499144625672

@@HeyItsJackie - Congrats! We chose a DW for one of the same reasons! And, yes, I believe your budget is totally reasonable. I have found that most resorts' wedding packages include up to 20 guests (this number includes you and your groom). We are doing the Ultimate Dream package (the most inclusive at our resort) and it is for $3299.00. Good luck planning! 

Recently engaged and we have decided on a destination Wedding. I am looking for advice/reviews on locations. So far we know it has to be in Mexico as FH has family there and they will be attending. We just can't seem to find the right place. We will only have about 20 guests (immediate family only) and our budget is $5000. We are not paying for our guests. Do you think this budget is reasonable? We don't want anything extravagant. We like sweet and simple.

Welcome to the forum, your budget is reasonable for most all inclusive. Happy planning!

Congrats! Great choice, Mexico its an amazing place to get married. I got married in the Mayan Riviera, the company that i use was GRUPO Events & Adventures. They plan everything from flights for all my guest to all the details for the wedding! The price was great! I think 5,000 is a good budget. 

Check them out www.grupoevents.com this is a great option if you have a small wedding and want to keep everyone in the same place. 

Happy planning!  :)

Congrats on your engagement. I just got married and my budget was around yours - for the wedding itself - and we had 45 people total!! So I think it's totally doable depending on what you want. I agree to find a TA to help you narrow down some choices :) they are free and get paid thru the tour operators. Are you guys thinking to choose a location in Mexico close to his family? As you will find some areas of Mexico cheaper than others. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk