Photo

Waxing Newbie - Need Advice

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 christinerenee7

christinerenee7
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

My wedding is tomorrow and I'm wanted getting my legs waxed today (for the first time). I've read that you should get it done 3-4 days before your wedding so I'm wondering if I should wait and not get the wax done until after my wedding.  Thanks for your help!

#2 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

For you legs, it should be fine to get them done the day before.... It's more delicate areas where I would plan ahead a bit. Leg waxing is easy and relatively painless. Just make sure you have enough growth for the wax to grab onto! If you just shaved sometimes in the last week it will likely be too short.

Congrats on your wedding being tomorrow!

#3 christinerenee7

christinerenee7
    • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

Thanks so much kmk2016! :)

Edited by christinerenee7, 09 October 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#4 Candyyy

Candyyy
      • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

I think you will definitely be fine.  I have never had a problem after waxing.

#5 cometgirl

cometgirl
        • 106 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Legs should be fine! Have fun tomorrow!!!

#6 puravida2015

puravida2015
        • 210 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Las Mareas

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

That is totally fine! Congrats

#7 Csonnel

Csonnel
        • 174 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 24, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

OMG I'm so jealous of you ladies- I have tried waxing my legs on two separate occasions (by reputable spas....) and my legs were black and blue for WEEKS! I'm so glad I tried legs before more sensitive areas because it is clearly not meant for my fair skin haha :)

#8 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
        • 4,506 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Legs would be ok!  

I know when I do my eyebrows I break out a little, so I plan to do them a few weeks before my wedding, just in case :)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#9 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
        • 2,217 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
        • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

I've been waxing for many years (since puberty pretty much). The first strip is always the most painful but soon your skin becomes used to it. Also, parts that are closer to bone or that have thicker hair (like your ankles) will be the most painful. My legs turn really red right after but it's gone by the next day. I usually get my waxing done a day before leaving on my vacation because my hair starts growing right away (sad story of my life haha). I think you should be fine having it today, also because if you shave you might have to wait a week or two before the hair is long enough for the wax to grab it. 

@calgarybride2015 the same thing happens to me, when I used to wax them and now that I thread them too. That will definitely be done about a week before haha. 

event.png

#10 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
        • 4,506 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

I've been waxing for many years (since puberty pretty much). The first strip is always the most painful but soon your skin becomes used to it. Also, parts that are closer to bone or that have thicker hair (like your ankles) will be the most painful. My legs turn really red right after but it's gone by the next day. I usually get my waxing done a day before leaving on my vacation because my hair starts growing right away (sad story of my life haha). I think you should be fine having it today, also because if you shave you might have to wait a week or two before the hair is long enough for the wax to grab it. 

@calgarybride2015 the same thing happens to me, when I used to wax them and now that I thread them too. That will definitely be done about a week before haha. 

The things we go thru for beauty!

I may get my nails done early January to get used to them, and just get a fill a day or two before we leave!!

can't wait to get them, I used to always wear nails but not always practical in my line of work :)

I think I will get a french manicure for my toes too, instead of a color.  Not sure yet -- yes I am considering this stuff now (haha 99 days till we leave!)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users