7 replies to this topic

#1 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

So, I found a TA i really like, from BDW. But, the problem is many of my guests are not comfortable with doing a credit card authorization and would prefer to do online payments. Since, I am marrying at Moon Palace it is essential that everyone books through the same source and I get that online payments are easier. So im stuck, the TA ive been working with is AWESOME and she has given me great rates. 

One of my friends is using destinationweddings.com for their wedding and it allows online payments, but I dont like how you have to pay $50 before they start working with you and I have no clue what their rates will be. My TA from BDW said as long as we block our rooms and if other people want to join thats over our room block that they will have the same rates. Our friend using DW said we needed to pay our deposit by a certain time to get the group rate. Granted, the deposit was only $100 per room.

I have seen mixed reviews on DW so im absolutely confused on what to do and I want to make this convenient for my guests. Has anyone had this problem with people not wanting to do card authorization forms?

Thanks

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

online payments usually do take the payment from the credit cards so it is the same information that is being given (ie name, credit card number, expiration, etc).

Do they just not want to fill out the form/fax and instead fill out a website with their payment information?  

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
  • 441 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

So, I found a TA i really like, from BDW. But, the problem is many of my guests are not comfortable with doing a credit card authorization and would prefer to do online payments. Since, I am marrying at Moon Palace it is essential that everyone books through the same source and I get that online payments are easier. So im stuck, the TA ive been working with is AWESOME and she has given me great rates. 

One of my friends is using destinationweddings.com for their wedding and it allows online payments, but I dont like how you have to pay $50 before they start working with you and I have no clue what their rates will be. My TA from BDW said as long as we block our rooms and if other people want to join thats over our room block that they will have the same rates. Our friend using DW said we needed to pay our deposit by a certain time to get the group rate. Granted, the deposit was only $100 per room.

I have seen mixed reviews on DW so im absolutely confused on what to do and I want to make this convenient for my guests. Has anyone had this problem with people not wanting to do card authorization forms?

Thanks

I used Wendy HIcks a TA from BDW and at first we didn't know if our guests would like to fill out the forms and fax/email them back to her but they did and there were no problems. Also if someone felt uncomfortable or just didn't want to fill out the credit card from they gave us the cash and then we just paid it on our credit card and paid our card with their cash.  This worked for us with a lot of our family since a lot were older family members who do not use the internet.  I guess do what you think will work best for you and your guests but just wanted to let you know that they shouldn't worry about forms with their information just from personal experience we didn't have any problems. 

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#4 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

@Tammyhost I really am not sure, some people are just a little weird about their cards I guess

@NJBride2014 that is a really good idea, getting the cash from them and using our cards. I'll do that, thank you.

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#5 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
  • 441 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

@Tammyhost I really am not sure, some people are just a little weird about their cards I guess

@NJBride2014 that is a really good idea, getting the cash from them and using our cards. I'll do that, thank you.

We actually have a united airlines credit card and for the people who gave us cash/checks to pay for them we would put it on that card and then immediately pay it with their money.  We got them to book and also built up a lot of miles on our card.  Basically just use any card that will give you incentives like cash back or airline miles.  Just a tip. lol

Edited by NJBride2014, 22 August 2014 - 06:13 AM.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#6 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

If they aren't comfortable could they just call her and give the information over the phone?

Most people did this for mine, or they emailed her their info - then called with credit card info.

Good luck!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#7 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

a great TA is worth the extra step for payment. We've worked with @Tammy Host and Wright Travel twice in the past, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again!! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#8 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Phoning in was what I was thinking too if people aren't comfortable with paperwork.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users