Photo

I Think This Is Rude

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 JamaicaNicole

JamaicaNicole
  • 91 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica (Secrets)
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

I think that is incredibly rude I am including a guest option for everyone we are inviting who is not a couple. In my opinion if they are willing to spend all that money to come to my wedding the least I can do is allow them to bring a guest it is only $80 extra from me.

#12 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

So, we just talked about. He actually brought it up and said he is going to get clarification from his friend tomorrow and that it is pretty rude if that is the case.

Just got excited that I am at 101 posts! Soon I will be able to SEE EVERYTHING!!! YAY

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#13 Tatimrivera

Tatimrivera
  • 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Definitely seems rude. I would get justification.
Good Luck :)

#14 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

@TheBHolders hopefully this wasn't specific to you! I have heard some stories where guests have turned destination wedding into family vacations without giving a heads up to the bride and groom -leading to last minute expenses for the couple since they have wanted to be included in wedding festivities. Maybe this was what they are trying to avoid? Hopefully they aren't trying to exclude you as a spouse, that would be crazy!

#15 VegasBride121314

VegasBride121314
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:LasVegas, NV
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Speaking from an Old-G...the slight was probably intentional on the bride's part because we are in charge of the list and if she knows her man's friends, then she knows he's engaged to you! There are a few roads to take, Ask your dude to get clarity and have a new STD sent that includes you--cause surely this was an oversight. You can chose to ignore it and wait until you get the invitation. Then once the official invite comes make your decision. If you are not invited, your dude should not attend --out of principle!! As far as inviting them to your wedding, keep them on your guest list because chances are if ya'll don't go to theirs, they're not coming to yours...You know how WE are!!! 

Most important, don't let this ruin your planning experience. I promise there will be more pressing issues for you to stress over. We should take a clue from your guy...,make a joke out of it and laugh it off. There's a reason why men are less stressed...they just let $hit roll off...

I hope something here has helped you. Hope you get to 150 soon!

Love over 50 is still LOVE!!!

Invitations out! RSVPs in

Us, them (bridal party), + 48 guests!! 

#16 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

this happened to us- my fiance got invited to a destination wedding and i wasn't included....he knows we are planning to get married! very offensive. 

#17 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Wow people suck! That is beyond rude and disrespectful! How could anyone think that is okay?!

#18 TheFutureMrsB7

TheFutureMrsB7
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions.  maybe the couple is on a tight budget and they wouldn't be able to afford the extra guests.

I had a friend who did the same thing and just invited myself and not my fiancé. i was not offended neither was my fiancé because we understood their was a budget. 

#19 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions. maybe the couple is on a tight budget and they wouldn't be able to afford the extra guests.

I had a friend who did the same thing and just invited myself and not my fiancé. i was not offended neither was my fiancé because we understood their was a budget.

I actually respectfully disagree.... If a couple has a tight budget that only allows a limited number of guests, then I think you can't invite 1/2 of relationship unit and pretend the other half doesn't exist. Especially on a DW! I think if that was the issue they would have been more proper to simply review their guest list and determine how many couples they could truly afford to have there. If the OPs FI was important enough to have "made the cut to be invited and budget WAS the issue, etiquette dictates that they make room for his FI as well.

#20 TheFutureMrsB7

TheFutureMrsB7
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

I actually respectfully disagree.... If a couple has a tight budget that only allows a limited number of guests, then I think you can't invite 1/2 of relationship unit and pretend the other half doesn't exist. Especially on a DW! I think if that was the issue they would have been more proper to simply review their guest list and determine how many couples they could truly afford to have there. If the OPs FI was important enough to have "made the cut to be invited and budget WAS the issue, etiquette dictates that they make room for his FI as well.

I understand your point of view and I do think that maybe they should review, I just understand from that brides perspective.  When i do get married i'm not going to invite one and not the other.  I'm just saying people are different and we have to be understanding. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users