27 replies to this topic

#1 krystinsanchez37

krystinsanchez37
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Brides and past brides,

Did you hire a wedding planner?
    Do you feel it was worth it if you did?
    And best wedding planner recommendation?

I am from houston Tx! And planning a trip to cancun 1st week of august so debating if I should hire someone? And if so, before I leave or while I'm out there. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

#2 atennille

atennille
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Sometimes if you hire a wedding planner, they may be able to get better discounts as a vendor. I hired one for my wedding , for that exact reason.

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

#3 krystinsanchez37

krystinsanchez37
    • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

@atennille thank you! Did you feel hiring the wedding planner was worth it?

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Brides and past brides,

Did you hire a wedding planner?
        Do you feel it was worth it if you did?
        And best wedding planner recommendation?

I am from houston Tx! And planning a trip to cancun 1st week of august so debating if I should hire someone? And if so, before I leave or while I'm out there. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

Hello krystinsanchez37,

We are wedding planners in the Riviera Maya, I always tell all my clients If you are looking to have your wedding at a none  resort location then , do yourself a favor and hire one for you will have a stress free planning and it will guarantee someone taking care of everything on the day of the wedding.  On the other hand if you choose to go with a resort, all of them offer an onsite wedding coordinator that can help with your wedding.  

It really depends on you as a person how you want all your planning to be handled.  Lucky you, for being able to visit before hand , so you can always arrange to meet with vendors.

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#5 atennille

atennille
        • 170 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

@krystinsanchez37 so far so good, she has definitely helped relieve a lot of stress that I have had.

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

#6 krystinsanchez37

krystinsanchez37
        • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

@atennille thanks! I appreciate your input.

#7 Ceelou

Ceelou
          • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

It was absolutely worth it for our wedding. Erica from Weddings in Playa took care of every last detail and made it easy for us to enjoy our friends and family worry free! And yes, we did save money here and there due to her contacts and recommendations. I definitely suggest you look into it! 

#8 acw271011

acw271011
            • Moderators
            • 3,128 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
            • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
            • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

I've already decided, and I'm going with Joyce at Dream Weddings. I didn't have a planner for our wedding, but because of circumstances and the fact that it's a vow renewal and I want much smaller scale, Joyce has provided some fabulous suggestions, almost all of which I'm going to take. We just have one thing to get through over the next couple of months first, then I will be able to get moving on everything!!

If anyone isn't sure, definitely email Joyce, and if she thinks she can help you out, she will definitely let you know!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#9 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
            • 332 posts
            • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
            • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

@krystinsanchez37 I say figure out what venue you want to have your wedding at and then find a wedding coordinator that is experienced there. Trust me a wedding planner that is not in a good working relationship with Your venue will not be able to give you as good of service as one who does. So is start there.

If you don't have a clue( and i don't blame you!) :) as to where you want to have your venue then I would look at reviews of wedding planners. Tammy, the host of this board and Joyce a wedding planner sent me a link of wedding planner ratings from past brides.

You can pretty much find your own caterer, dj, furniture rental, flowers etc yourself. But it really helps having an experienced planner gather your contract and help you the day of!

I've been planning mine for 8 months! :)

Good luck and let me know who you choose!!

#10 krystinsanchez37

krystinsanchez37
            • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

@LisaAnthonyPoppy thanks so much! Will you send me the list? krystinsanchez37@yahoo.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wedding Coordinator, Playa Del Carmen, recommendations, Vendors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users