MrsSheppardToBe

Sand Ceremony - Bringing The Sand Home

Make sure you fill it right to the top!  We had a vase, and we filled it with sand and then I had brought hockey tape down.  Taped it down really well, and we carried it on with us.  They questioned us at Dominican customs but we really didnt have any problems.  When we got home we just removed a bit of the sand from the top!

Glad to hear that you didn't have many troubles with this. Anyone ever tried this entering and leaving Mexico? I think its a cute idea, and we don't have much that we will be carrying with us. 

@@BusyBee280 My friend got married in the Mayan Riviera in October 2013, and didn't have any problems with the border either! 

• Like 1

Happy to hear it won't be an issue bc it's something I plan on having as a keepsake in our home

Does anyone know if you're able to bring seashells into the DR?  I was planning to have shells as decorations and worried that they won't be allowed through customs.

Thank you so much for the idea on a forever frame.  I have been going crazy looking for a frame that will work.  I have seen many people incorporate everyone from the ceremony into the frame.  The family and friends pour a small amount of sand first and lay the base of love for the couple and then the couple goes last.  I am debating on weather or not I want to do this.   Do you think people would mind getting up to do this?  

I wanted to do a sand ceremony, but with sand from the beach (not craft sand). I'm glad other brides haven't had issues bringing sand home!