MrsSheppardToBe

Sand Ceremony - Bringing The Sand Home

I am doing a sand ceremony, and bought craft sand at Michaels. It's hot pink and orange.

Does anyone know if I will run into any trouble at the airport for bringing this in my carry-on?

That's a cute idea. You may have when going through Customs due to agricultural reasons. You may have better luck packing it up real good in your check-in luggage.

Thanks @@Tanya81

I hope they wouldn't do anything with it since it is just craft sand (not from the beach or anything) and the colors are hot pink and orange and there's glitter in the sand so they should know it's not real sand.

Anyways I'm thinking I will just pack the sand in my checked luggage going to Mexico, but then coming home it will have to be in my carry on because my sand ceremony frame is pretty big.

I just packed mine really well into my checked bag. It was just easier.

What's really weird - I got to bring my Jamaica real flowers bouquet home with me! Made it through customs no problem! It lasted for more than a week after we came home!

I checked the Canadian and US TSA websites... they both say that bringing a small amount of beach sand is OK.  This is good to know, but I'll still put it in my checked bag just in case :)

That's great news. Maybe I'll add a little beach sand to my coloured ones. :)

Just make sure you don't shake it on the plane and mess up the colors after the ceremony. We are thinking about doing a knot thing since it will be easier to travel with. 

Just make sure you don't shake it on the plane and mess up the colors after the ceremony. We are thinking about doing a knot thing since it will be easier to travel with. 

I ordered the "Forever Frame"... the colors won't mix!  It's perfect for destination weddings :)