15 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

if you want more pumpkin pie flavor add more cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice

Bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

frostings:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.

To make the frosting: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 NHPT

NHPT
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:12 PM

mmmmmmm! what are you trying to do to me? you know i crave EVERYTHING i see/hear or READ!!!
    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

OMG, those sound so good!!

#4 bride_2_b08

bride_2_b08
      • 244 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

MMMMMM...thanks for posting I will definately be trying these out!!!
        HIKING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS AUSTRALIA

#5 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

That sounds sooo good. I suck at baking though so I'm not even going to attempt this. I bet they are yummy!

#6 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

OMG.. those sound SO good. I may try to even make these! :)

#7 JessicaM

JessicaM
            • Vendor
            • 1,969 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:15 PM

OH my god these sound great Tammy!! I just tried to make "pumpkin french fries" they turned out pretty good....very different but festive!!

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:38 AM

yummy... they sould so good, I love anything pumpkin!

#9 Carolena7

Carolena7
                • 785 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

mmmmm...those sound yummy....i'll have to try them...thanks for the recipe

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
                  That sounds sooo good. I suck at baking though so I'm not even going to attempt this. I bet they are yummy!
                  jessica, the recipe is full proof...as easy as cake mixes out of the box.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users