• Please log in to reply
686 replies to this topic

#71 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Do we have any Jan/Feb brides (besides me) in the later planning stages?! I got my planner form back from Claudia and I'm planning on sending her the 2nd "draft" of it this week.

Decided to go with an outside videographer as I really just didn't like what DRC offered for this...and the video is very important to me. Also making final decisions on decor for ceremony/cocktail/reception. They seriously charge for every little thing. We have so many upgrades, bringing in 50 guests. You'd think they would give us a slight break here and there...I'll have my parents deal with the negotiation part...I'm not confrontational haha

#72 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Do we have any Jan/Feb brides (besides me) in the later planning stages?! I got my planner form back from Claudia and I'm planning on sending her the 2nd "draft" of it this week.

Decided to go with an outside videographer as I really just didn't like what DRC offered for this...and the video is very important to me. Also making final decisions on decor for ceremony/cocktail/reception. They seriously charge for every little thing. We have so many upgrades, bringing in 50 guests. You'd think they would give us a slight break here and there...I'll have my parents deal with the negotiation part...I'm not confrontational haha

I'm January 21 but at a different resort in the Mayan. Also finishing things up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#73 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

@nattiegams325 I'm so nervous about them nickel and diming on the decor :/  What videographer did you decide on?

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#74 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

@smileitseb We decided on Indigo Videography. It was really hard to find a videographer with the style I like and a decent price point and I think he is most consistent with a video you'd see in the US :D

The nickel and diming is ridiculous. I'm getting the chandelier for the ceremony for $200 (it's a 20 minute ceremony!) and I asked if we could use it at the reception too, and they want to charge me another $100 "moving fee." Plus 16% tax and 15% service fee on top of everything. It really adds up. I'm starting to get offended when people say "Oh it's cheaper to get married in Mexico, right?"

#75 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:31 AM

@nattiegams325 oh goodness. that sounds ridiculous!!! I'm anxiously awaiting the coordinator to contact me because I'm so nervous about the nickel and diming!!  Did you have any issue with the hotel rooms selling out during your week?

#76 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

Got 10 more rooms added to our room block thank goodness! A little more expensive for our guests but so glad there were more rooms available. It was really stressing me out :)

#77 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

@smileitseb Yes, the hotel is sold out for my week, but we reserved a large block, so no one had any trouble with rooms!

#78 hsocorso

hsocorso
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 29, 2015

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hi ladies! I am getting married at Dreams on April 29 2015. They have us scheduled for a beach reception. Has anyone done or is anyone doing one of these as well?

#79 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

Welcome to our forum community, hsocorso and Congrats on your upcoming dw!!! 

A beach reception certainly has a beautiful ambiance, as you can see in these magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured at recent weddings......enjoy :)

10557766_10152890302139487_7786327482659

...you can see more at the album link here: Grand Sunset Princess Wedding Album

10562663_10152641484699487_8274169265112

.....with more at this link: Dreams Tulum Wedding Album

Wishing everyone happy research and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#80 smileitseb

smileitseb
    • 310 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

@nattiegams325 When you went for your site visit, did you get a reduced rate for the room, if so how much was it and who did you speak with? I just emailed David Carillo but wanted to make sure I was contacting the right person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users