#241 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

@kmk2016 definitely! with our luck we would get stuck having a reception on the beach, which we really don't want. I'm hoping that because August is low season there I'd have more of a choice. I guess I'll ask LaurieLee and my WC for info on that once the number of rooms have settled.

Ok got more answers from the A beach bride who did unlimited private events. They are all private and not just set up in part of the restaurants, you can even do the s'mores bonfire as one, they will determine your locations upon arrival based on what's not being used by other brides for their booked events. They will post signs up to alert other guests that the area is reserved for a private event, you can use iPod dock etc at these events and can book decor upon arrival if you want more than the standard white linens and chairs that will come standard (cocktail reception or meal)

I'm relieved! Sounds a lot better than I first thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#242 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

Ok got more answers from the A beach bride who did unlimited private events. They are all private and not just set up in part of the restaurants, you can even do the s'mores bonfire as one, they will determine your locations upon arrival based on what's not being used by other brides for their booked events. They will post signs up to alert other guests that the area is reserved for a private event, you can use iPod dock etc at these events and can book decor upon arrival if you want more than the standard white linens and chairs that will come standard (cocktail reception or meal)

I'm relieved! Sounds a lot better than I first thought!

I agree! Oh I wish I could get a bonfire but unfortunately I only get one free 3 course dinner :( but it's good to know that it's private :)

event.png

#243 mazarin

mazarin
  • 28 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hi ladies, in search of a DJ. Can you tell me who have you hired and if you know anyone in the area that's good? 

Thanks,

#244 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Hi ladies, in search of a DJ. Can you tell me who have you hired and if you know anyone in the area that's good?

Thanks,

The DJs that are both lomas approved (all music and mega) get great reviews from past brides and don't incur the $800 outside vendor fee! Dorremixx gets great reviews as well but ensure that you factor that cost into their pricing when considering.

#245 JuliaS

JuliaS
  • Site Supporter
  • 9 posts
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hi Ladies! I am brand new to this thread, and I just booked my wedding date for April 2015! Can't wait! We are set to do a sunrise beach ceremony. (Yes, a little unusual, but we really wanted a secluded beach ceremony and that's very difficult to find). Once people get over the idea of waking up early, I think it will be beautiful.

Is anyone doing their reception by the pool/garden area? Do we have to rent a dance floor, or can we use the cement as a dance floor?

#246 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

Hi Ladies! I am brand new to this thread, and I just booked my wedding date for April 2015! Can't wait! We are set to do a sunrise beach ceremony. (Yes, a little unusual, but we really wanted a secluded beach ceremony and that's very difficult to find). Once people get over the idea of waking up early, I think it will be beautiful.

Is anyone doing their reception by the pool/garden area? Do we have to rent a dance floor, or can we use the cement as a dance floor?

Congrats and welcome! I love the idea of a sunrise ceremony! I'm not a morning person myself but it is truly beautiful. It will also be nice and cool as well as private ;)

event.png

#247 KScheer

KScheer
  • 34 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

@JuliaS

We are having our reception in the garden area and the pool deck will be for dancing. No dance floor is needed.

#248 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

@KScheer

How many people do you have coming again? I'm trying to do the same thing as you, but they're telling me I can't. Boo.

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#249 KScheer

KScheer
  • 34 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

@khmciver

They told me the garden area can hold up to 60 people for a reception. How many guests are you having?

#250 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

@KScheer

Well that explains why they said no. Haha! I'm having 100 guests. Thanks so much!!

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users