Hair & Makeup

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 littlebride

• 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

I just want to recommend Beso brides (or aka Yucatan Hair). They are awesome!!!

#42 fluffykim

• 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ive also been talking to Best Moments.  They have really good rates for hair and makeup.

I am a def makeup junky and they KNOW THEIR STUFF

I find them very easy to communicate with, quick and knowledgable.

#43 MJTK

• 213 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 17, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
      • LocationSaskatchewan Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

For me, I'd rather spend way more on pictures and hair/makeup than things like centerpieces and flowers. Does anyone have recent prices for Adrian/Styling Trio?

were you successful in finding the current prices for styling trio?

@talicea7812 does the keratin hair treatment make your hair straight? I normally wear it curly and I know my parents want me to wear it curly on my wedding day. I was hoping that the resort stylists would know how to deal with curly hair because I know a lot of my Mexican friends have curly hair. Oh and don't forget to bring your own hair products, including shampoo and conditioner. My friend forgot and she said it cost an arm and a leg to get supplies for her hair while on vacation in Cancun.

if you go to Walmart hair care products are comparable to home.

#44 linaco80

• 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

@JMK923 Hope all went very well and congrats, who did you end up using for hair and make up?

Thnaks for your reply :)

@KScheer R you getting charge a vendor fee? or day pass to bring beso bride? OR will you go to them?

thanks in advance

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/

#45 nattiegams325

• 228 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

@MJTK I emailed a few months ago and again a few days ago, the email a few days ago was from another lady from Styling Trio and the prices have gone up by $75 for all services. Eg for hair and makeup by Adrian for the bride including a trial...$625. If I go with them, I am going to quote the original prices. But I am going to check out a few other vendors.

#46 MJTK

• 213 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 17, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
        • LocationSaskatchewan Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

ouch that's alot of money.. I may look into Beso brides I think was another recommendation. . thanks..im talking to my BP this week to see who wants theirs do e or if they plan to do themselves. . I hate not knowing how it's going to look but don't really want to pay so much for a trial... ugh so man decisions...

#47 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I am just using the ladies at the resort, I know a few people who have used them and they were happy.

They are also largely overpriced, bridal up-do for $140.. I hope when they see my short hair that only needs a roller brush that they go easy on me!

I had planned to get a MAC makeup appt in Canada to teach me beforehand how to do my own, but I may just get the resort to do that too - will see what their prices are.  I could just do my regular routine but want something a bit more special.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#48 travelgal78

• Site Supporter
        • 88 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 16, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Ceremony at Marina Maroma/Reception at El Dorado Royale
        • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Has anyone had the airbrush makeup at El Dorado Royale / El Dorado Casitas Royale? Good / bad? Trying to decide to use the spa onsite or to a hire another company and pay the outside vendor fee. 

My hair is ultra thin, and my face gets really oily/sweaty so these are especially important to me!!

*~Leslie~* :wub:

#49 IvanLuckiePhotography

• Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

@talicea7812 go for Fernando Fuentes He is one of the best! I lovd how he suit for photography look! https://www.facebook.com/fer.fuentes

#50 KScheer

• 34 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 11, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya, Mexico
          • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

I looked into Beso Brides and really wanted to go with them but I have decided to use the salon at Azul Fives.

I've ready some recent reviews from brides saying they were happy with their hair/makeup. I refuse to pay a vendor fee for something like this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users