Photo

Hi, I'm New Here! 2015 Bride Planning In Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Cancun Riviera Maya grand velas Mexico chicago

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 MelV521

MelV521
  • 1 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hello, 

My name is Melissa, and I'm excited to be a part of the BDW community.

My fiancé and I have been engaged for 7 months now, and we just started to get into our planning. We visited Mexico this past December and after visiting a few hotels, we've decided on either Azul Fives or Grand Velas Riviera Maya for a wedding May of 201. 

We realize these are two very different hotels, price points and experiences overall, but we love them both. We've received contracts from both and find the process a bit overwhelming. If anyone has any advice regarding negotiations or recommendations on the properties, your point of view would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, since we live in Chicago,we're also considering engaging a wedding planner. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Congrats to everyone and I appreciate your help,

Melissa

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

welcome to Best Destination Wedding.  Grand Velas is an amazing resort...great choice!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
  • 87 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi! I live in Chicago too and I am planning a destination wedding in 2015. You need to start with a travel agency that specializes in destination weddings. I have contacts if you need them

#4 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

@MelV521 - CONGRATS!!! i love your wedding date - it's my birthday so i know your will undoubtedly be fab & amazing. :P jokes aside, i agree with @Lilgabri03.  two friends had destination weddings and highly recommend hiring a TA that specialize in destination weddings. their ta's were able to help them negotiate, understand, and advocate on their behalf when situations arose between the resort and parent company they were initially working through (e.g., actual package items at the resort differed greatly from what they were told by the parent team etc...).  

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#5 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Hello, 

My name is Melissa, and I'm excited to be a part of the BDW community.

My fiancé and I have been engaged for 7 months now, and we just started to get into our planning. We visited Mexico this past December and after visiting a few hotels, we've decided on either Azul Fives or Grand Velas Riviera Maya for a wedding May of 201. 

We realize these are two very different hotels, price points and experiences overall, but we love them both. We've received contracts from both and find the process a bit overwhelming. If anyone has any advice regarding negotiations or recommendations on the properties, your point of view would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, since we live in Chicago,we're also considering engaging a wedding planner. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Congrats to everyone and I appreciate your help,

Melissa

Cograts Melissa, and  Grand Velas is a beautiful hotel, I would advise you to check the TA we have on this forum they will sure help a lot.

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Welcome to the forum, Melissa, and Congrats on your upcoming wedding in our incomparable Mayan Riviera!!! To choose the right wedding coordinator for your needs, you may find these reviews helpful....Wedding Coordinator Reviews

Wishing you all the best with your plans, and that your dw is everything you hope for - or even More!!!

1462876_10151997425169487_1912684639_n.j

Cheers!.....team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 21 January 2014 - 01:42 PM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#7 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
      • 209 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
      • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Good afternoon! We just got engaged Dec 22nd and I have already picked a date! January 31, 2015. I am torn between Now Sapphire, Dreams Rivera Cancun, and Azul Beach Resort. We will probably only have 20-25 guests to our wedding, so it will be small. Does anyone have any pros and cons to these resorts?

#8 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
      • Site Supporter
      • 358 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

@CurlyKristen - congrats & welcome! :)  I don't know much about Now Sapphire but am heading down to Azul Beach this weekend. I'll share info etc... when I get back if you like. 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#9 nurselaura

nurselaura
      • Site Supporter
      • 30 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Congrats!  Happy Planning!

#10 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
        • 209 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
        • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

@ girlinthecity97- Yes please keep me up to date on how your trip goes. I would love to hear how you like Azul Beach Resort!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya, grand velas, Mexico, chicago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users