Photo

Looking For Jamaica Wedding Photographer

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 BrideJenny

BrideJenny
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

I am getting married this April in Jamaica and still haven't booked a photographer. Can anyone recommend a photographer?

#2 muneera0302

muneera0302
    • 277 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

My wedding was 3 weeks ago . i used Dwayne Watkins and i can say that he was AMAZING!!!! i can't brag enough about his work. SUper friendly and professional. He also help make sure that my wedding ran smoothly! My opinion from my experience is make sure you have a great photographer, whoever you decide to go with. don't listen to people when they say don't waste your money. at the end of the day, all your guests, decor, experience will only be remembered and captured if you have a great photographer. That should be one thing that you spend money on! your day goes by so fast, like seriously way too fast.

We are by no means MODELS, but our photos differ :-) you can see some of my wedding pics on his site. you can also see my instagram page, i've posted some of those pics and you can see how many comments and likes it has received, from people i don't even know. I will do a review this week on everything, be sure to check it out and hopefully it can be helpful for you based on what i experienced!

http://dwaynewatkins...norman-married/

My instagram page is @muneera_o

#3 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I am getting married this April in Jamaica and still haven't booked a photographer. Can anyone recommend a photographer?

Would highly recommend Merrick Cousley. He did our wedding 2 years ago and we loved him! He lives in Kingston but will travel anywhere on the island. He is a joy to work with! www.merrickcousley.com

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 onyxluxenoir

onyxluxenoir
      • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

My sexy hubby and I were married 10/26/13 @ Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall and we used Misha Earle.  She is amazing, talented and has the best personality-EVER.

You WILL not be disappointed.

Ciao, 

Keisha 

#5 itswrightsc

itswrightsc
        • 38 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios
        • LocationCharleston,SC

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

I'm getting married in July 2014 we are using Marica Roberts
        http://www.jamaicanphotography.com

#6 mnemosyne

mnemosyne
        • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

We are using Saab: http://saabwedding.com. Good luck in your search!

#7 angelsj247

angelsj247
          • 43 posts
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid
          • LocationChicago

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

My wedding was 3 weeks ago . i used Dwayne Watkins and i can say that he was AMAZING!!!! i can't brag enough about his work. SUper friendly and professional. He also help make sure that my wedding ran smoothly! My opinion from my experience is make sure you have a great photographer, whoever you decide to go with. don't listen to people when they say don't waste your money. at the end of the day, all your guests, decor, experience will only be remembered and captured if you have a great photographer. That should be one thing that you spend money on! your day goes by so fast, like seriously way too fast.
          We are by no means MODELS, but our photos differ :-) you can see some of my wedding pics on his site. you can also see my instagram page, i've posted some of those pics and you can see how many comments and likes it has received, from people i don't even know. I will do a review this week on everything, be sure to check it out and hopefully it can be helpful for you based on what i experienced!

http://dwaynewatkins...norman-married/

My instagram page is @muneera_o

Awesome pictures. Can you tell me how much he charged you? Thanks!

#8 RandL2015

RandL2015
          • Site Supporter
          • 260 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Subscribing to this thread. Good information.

#9 angelsj247

angelsj247
          • 43 posts
          • LocationChicago

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Has anyone used zuluspro? Any info, so far the best prices. I also like merrick cousley but higher in price and dwayne watkins but i havent gotten a price from him yet. My budget is 1500-2000

#10 angelsj247

angelsj247
          • 43 posts
          • LocationChicago

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Has anyone worked with visual embrace. They have by far the best prices! Jjust windering how well the photos turn out. Im looking for something a bit different and artistic. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users