Stress!!! 35 Guests Booked So Far!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

Wow - FI and I are in shock, definitely feel blessed, loved and supported but definitely are kind of scared.

We bought out our location (only 22 rooms) and have had 18 rooms totaling 35 guests book in the last 30 days.

We ONLY have 4 left - there aren't really any other accomodation options besides the lodge on Molokai - i am starting to feel stressed out that more people than we anticipated will be coming and we won't be able to accomodate them!!!!

Is it really rude to send out invites to 90 people thinking only 25 will come and then start to book up and not have room for people? what should i say?? AAAAAHHHHHH

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

Yikes, is there really only one lodge left? Perhaps there is another location (hotel, timeshare) that can accomodate more people.

#3 Leia78

• VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:05 AM

WOW, you are truly blessed to have so many friends and family want to be there w/ you @ your Hawaii wedding! It is a dilemma when the hotel fills up...maybe you can talk w/ yout TA to help remedy the problem.

#4 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:45 AM

I guess that's good and bad news! I agree to talk to your TA if you have one. I know Molokai is small - what about private rentals? Good luck :o)

I found these in case you haven't checked availability there yet:

Marc Hotel Molokai - Molokai Hawaii Hotels : Pleasant Holidays

Molokai Hawaii Condo

Molokai VRBO® Vacation Rentals - Molokai Hawaii Vacation Rental Condos, Homes

Kenanikai Hawaii Time Share Club

#5 Spazz

• VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:58 AM

That's so great that so many people want to come! I agree with the other girls, you should start to look into private accommodations.

#6 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:57 AM

thanks girls! and thanks Jamy - those links are great i am going to start researching private home rentals as back ups!

Unfortunately, we don't have a TA b/c I found the Lodge and started talking to them before I talked to TA so the buy out package "is not commissionable" so I am the TA!! AAAAAHHHHH

going to check out the links now :)

#7 starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

No problemo, let us know how it turns out :o)

#8 foxytv

• VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:28 AM

That is great to have so many people able to come. Hopefully there are some other options. Is there any kind of ferry service between islands (never been to Hawaii so not sure if Molokai is near any others). Definitely keep us posted, but I think it's a good problem to have!

#9 jak27

• 715 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

What a great problem to have! I agree with the others, find some back up locations, research them and have them ready in case they are needed. When is your RSVP date? I would calculate the odds of XX more guests accepting before the date, and then figure out where that puts you in terms of # of rooms needed. And remember, usually someone won't be able to make it, something comes up. On the other hand, we just had a guest have a change of plans, and now, 20 days before the wedding, she's coming! So it works both ways.

Don't panic, but do your research and you'll be fine!

#10 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

Well, as long as you can get some private rentals.... that's a great problem to have (as far as DW problems go anyway! )
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users