m8chow
  • 255 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationMexico

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminbride 

That's my wedding group size, too. What resorts are you thinking of?

Lastminbride - You as well?  That's amazing!  I really want to hear all about the large group DWs.  FI and I couldn't handle doing a wedding in town because we would have "had to" invite over 600 people based on our parents.  We decided on a small DW with 30-40 of our closest fam and friends instead.  I really admire all the couples planning big weddings though, I think the end product will be amazing.

#32 sky186

sky186
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

yay everyone's doing well with the posts 150 before you know it lol

Woow that is a big group for DW very exciting

#33 shopnboard

shopnboard
    • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lastminbride 

That's my wedding group size, too. What resorts are you thinking of?

Lastminbride, we first decided where, Costa Rica, then we figured AI would be easier for guests. We ultimatley selected the Hilton Papgayo in Costa Rica =)

#34 Raquelita0715

Raquelita0715
      • 189 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hi I am a officially a newcomer as well. I actually have been looking since a month ago that I got engaged but could not figure out how to read the attachments!!! Now to get to 150!!!

#35 ArubaAmyNGeo

ArubaAmyNGeo
      • 7 posts
      • Wedding Location:Aruba
      • LocationNortheast NJ

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hi all! I'm for getting up to 150 posts to be able to download templates also and I guess I've got time since today I found out our wedding will need to be rescheduled from Oct. 3rd 2014 to likely May 2015! :( I'm hoping to be able to download the Boarding Pass Save the Dates and print them then mount them to Magnets. Most places are sooo expensive and not exactly what I'm looking for. Then I'll figure out how I'm going to tackle the Passport Invites with Luggage Tag RSVP's! Good Luck to you all trying to get to 150, this is only # 1 for me, so I've got a LONGGGG way to go yet!

#36 ladyzr

ladyzr
      • Site Supporter
      • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

We are also in the process of narrowing down a date then a location. We both like Costa Rica and Dominican Republic we are just trying to figure out which one will be easier for our guests to travel to.

#37 Raquelita0715

Raquelita0715
        • 189 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

I would love to go to Costa Rica as many say that it is a must see. I am having my DW in Riviera Maya. I am still debating between two hotels. I hope to decide by next summer do a site visit and then send out invitations once I return. I am having it until July 2015 as that is when my family will be able to go. Congrats to the bride taking on such a large group for your wedding. Not many of my family will be able to travel so its a party of about 30-40. Congratulations to all of the other brides on here.

#38 shopnboard

shopnboard
        • 162 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ladyzr 

We are also in the process of narrowing down a date then a location. We both like Costa Rica and Dominican Republic we are just trying to figure out which one will be easier for our guests to travel to.

That's a good point, depending on where you are from, there may not be as many flights to Costa Rica. I'm still waiting to see when they'll open up more. Liberia only recently became a popular destination. Most people still fly to San Jose.

#39 m8chow

m8chow
          • 255 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
          • LocationMexico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Raquelita0715 

I would love to go to Costa Rica as many say that it is a must see. I am having my DW in Riviera Maya. I am still debating between two hotels. I hope to decide by next summer do a site visit and then send out invitations once I return. I am having it until July 2015 as that is when my family will be able to go. Congrats to the bride taking on such a large group for your wedding. Not many of my family will be able to travel so its a party of about 30-40. Congratulations to all of the other brides on here.

Hi Raquelita0715!!  Which 2 resorts have you narrowed down to?  

#40 Raquelita0715

Raquelita0715
          • 189 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

I have narrowed it down to Dreams Tulum or Now Jade. The Now Jade forum has been very informative but I am afraid it is not lively enough. I wanted to book at Iberostar but I read that reception given with the packages are only 1.5 hours! M8chow did u already have your wedding or are you in the planning stages?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users