brownsugarbride

Recommendations for makeup artists for African American brides in Riviera Maya

Now that the big pieces of the wedding are finally coming together (venue, photographer, housing), I'm starting my search for other vendors, including my beauty team. I've looked through the portfolios of many makeup artists recommended here on BDW. Unfortunately, very few have pictures of African American brides or dark-skinned brides. I've also checked out a few on the Internet outside of this site. I want to be careful how I say this, as I would never want to hurt any bride's feelings, but it is clear that many makeup artists have little experience with darker skin, and the foundation makeup comes off looking 'ashy' and the lip and eye colors fail to take into account the undertones of the skin. On a more positive note, I'm looking for recommendations for experienced makeup artists that are comfortable with and own appropriate makeup colors for African American brides, particularly those that are darker-skinned. I would most likely need airbrushing, as I want my makeup to last all day. I don't wear makeup very much, but I do want to look polished for my special day. I would appreciate any and all recommendations, especially if there are pictures to examine. Thanks so much!

Hey Brownsugarbride !

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya I am pleased to recommend the following team, please follow the link to the article we just posted on the wedding tips.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/a/makeup-artist-for-for-all-skin-tone-and-types

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Thank you Dreamweddings I was very nervous about this same issue. Also, do you work in Cancun?

Hey Brownsugarbride ! As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya I am pleased to recommend the following team, please follow the link to the article we just posted on the wedding tips. http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/a/makeup-artist-for-for-all-skin-tone-and-types Happy Planning! Joyce

Originally Posted by curlygirlnpearl View Post

Thank you Dreamweddings

I was very nervous about this same issue. Also, do you work in Cancun?

Hello curlygirlnpearl,

Yes we work in the whole Riviera Maya from Cancun to Tulum.

Feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help!

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccancun View Post

Hello Dear BrownSugarbride!!

I am Norma Zurama Pérez a MAC make up artist in Cancun/Riviera maya área, I have alot experience in make up for all skin types, this is my link:  http://normazuramamkup.webmium.com/ if you need more information, please let me know, my email: nor_maccancun@hotmail.com 

Hi Norma! Thank you for replying to my thread. I will send you a note, as I would love to see any examples of the work you've done with darker-skinned brides.