Father of the Bride/Groom Attire???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
  • Site Supporter
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hey ladies! What is your father of the bride and groom wearing?! I have no idea where to stry! But I don't want them to look like our groomsmen....HELP! Out guys are wearing linen khaki pants and vest with white rolled up button down with coral ties, my fi will be wearing ivory and best man will wear turquoise tie. Help! I'm not sure where to start. Xoxo

#2 traylynn

traylynn
    • 154 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

Hey ladies! What is your father of the bride and groom wearing?! I have no idea where to stry! But I don't want them to look like our groomsmen....HELP! Out guys are wearing linen khaki pants and vest with white rolled up button down with coral ties, my fi will be wearing ivory and best man will wear turquoise tie. Help! I'm not sure where to start. Xoxo

Try looking here 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding58/post-groom-and-gm-attire/10

#3 vas2014

vas2014
      • 159 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

I'm suggesting to my FI dad to wear same pants and solid colored shirt. My color are coral & turquoise too. Posted Image Posted Image

#4 traylynn

traylynn
      • 154 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

VAS2014- That looks great, they don't look alike

Quote:

Originally Posted by vas2014 

I'm suggesting to my FI dad to wear same pants and solid colored shirt. My color are coral & turquoise too.

#5 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
        • 315 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hey ladies! Question for you pros :) Fianc© and I now have BM dresses down and the girls love em. We have strapless David's bridal dresses in oasis (essentially a gorgeous TEAL!). Our wedding colors are teal and purple with peacock accents :) Him and I have been talking about whether having teal dresses with the guys wearing PURPLE ties, would be ok. He doesn't see himself having colored vests, he would just stick with a grey suit for example and do a grey vest with white shirt. How do u guys think the teal dresses would look with purple ties? Or would u suggest doing teal on BOTH sides? Thanks for any and all feedback :)

#6 Tbasgall

Tbasgall
          • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm not sure purple and teal pair together well.

#7 Tbasgall

Tbasgall
            • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

My dad will be wearing the same tan colored suit pants as the groom with this shirt and brown sandals. Posted Image

#8 sharmer

sharmer
              • 165 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
              • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

We just got a great linen suit from Men's warehouse in the states - it's calvin klein, pants, vest and jacket for $280!

#9 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
              • 308 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
              • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

Hey ladies! Question for you pros :)
              Fianc© and I now have BM dresses down and the girls love em. We have strapless David's bridal dresses in oasis (essentially a gorgeous TEAL!). Our wedding colors are teal and purple with peacock accents :)

Him and I have been talking about whether having teal dresses with the guys wearing PURPLE ties, would be ok.

He doesn't see himself having colored vests, he would just stick with a grey suit for example and do a grey vest with white shirt.

How do u guys think the teal dresses would look with purple ties? Or would u suggest doing teal on BOTH sides?

Thanks for any and all feedback :)

I think it may depend on the flowers? If the girls flowers have teal in them ie with the feathers or ribbon? I think having the guys wear purple ties may look pretty neat but you could always try it out and if it look odd return the tie...I know this wasn't too helpful sorry

#10 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
              • 308 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
              • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by vas2014 

I'm suggesting to my FI dad to wear same pants and solid colored shirt. My color are coral & turquoise too.

I like this idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users