Sign in to follow this  
babycow

Beach and Pool closed after 8pm?

Does anyone know if access to the beach or pools at certain resorts are limited to daytime hours only?

I read a bad review on the Viva Wyndham Maya that said they weren't allowed in the pools or on the beach after 8pm. I have not read this before in other reviews or here. Is there any truth to this?

I hope Dreams Tulum and Viva Wyndham Maya do not really do this.

TIA

I'm not going to a resort in your area -- but at my resort in the DR, the pools close at 4pm. They are near the dinner restaurants and I believe that is why, although it sucks.

I've been to a big resort in cancun where the pool closed around 8. The beach was never closed. I think most hotel pools close around dark.

When I was at my resort in August, there were people swimming at the pools at all hours, but the "adult only pool" (which was this ocean side stone pool that was filled with ocean water) closed at sunset for safety reasons... not sure about the actual beach area, although I remember being there after 8pm

Dreams Tulum pools were closed in the evening. As for the beach, it's up to you if you want to be there in the dark. While Karen and I were at Dreams Karen met a bride to be that decided to go swimming in the ocean when it was dark. Well, she tripped on a rock and ended up landing face first on another rock under the water. She was really beat up looking and had to go to the hospital and all that kind of stuff.

Our resorts pools closed at 7pm. We did have some after hours 3 am swims though. We swam til security kicked us out, fun. The beach was never closed and yes we had some midnight ocean swims, they were great.

Thanks all. I guess it just sounded worse than it really is, especially if this is normal for most resorts. And I hadn't even thought about safety issues but with the all inclusive drinks it's for the best to close the beach after dark.

This gives me a good OOT bag gift idea: mini flashlights.