Photo

Beach and Pool closed after 8pm?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 babycow

babycow
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone know if access to the beach or pools at certain resorts are limited to daytime hours only?
    I read a bad review on the Viva Wyndham Maya that said they weren't allowed in the pools or on the beach after 8pm. I have not read this before in other reviews or here. Is there any truth to this?
    I hope Dreams Tulum and Viva Wyndham Maya do not really do this.
    TIA
    http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
    Erica and Tim
    Dreams Tulum
    Mexico
    May 17, 2008

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

I'm not going to a resort in your area -- but at my resort in the DR, the pools close at 4pm. They are near the dinner restaurants and I believe that is why, although it sucks.

#3 robindepaula

robindepaula
      • Banned
      • 514 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

While at Riu Jalisco in Mexico last week, I noticed that the pools were closed after 8pm . . . not sure about the beach though.

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

I've been to a big resort in cancun where the pool closed around 8. The beach was never closed. I think most hotel pools close around dark.

#5 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
          • 812 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

When I was at my resort in August, there were people swimming at the pools at all hours, but the "adult only pool" (which was this ocean side stone pool that was filled with ocean water) closed at sunset for safety reasons... not sure about the actual beach area, although I remember being there after 8pm

#6 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
            • 766 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:06 PM

Most pools close at 8pm because that is when they clean it and put lots and lots of clorine for the next day.

#7 lambert13

lambert13
              • 901 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

Dreams Tulum pools were closed in the evening. As for the beach, it's up to you if you want to be there in the dark. While Karen and I were at Dreams Karen met a bride to be that decided to go swimming in the ocean when it was dark. Well, she tripped on a rock and ended up landing face first on another rock under the water. She was really beat up looking and had to go to the hospital and all that kind of stuff.

#8 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

Our resorts pools closed at 7pm. We did have some after hours 3 am swims though. We swam til security kicked us out, fun. The beach was never closed and yes we had some midnight ocean swims, they were great.

#9 babycow

babycow
                  • 367 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

Thanks all. I guess it just sounded worse than it really is, especially if this is normal for most resorts. And I hadn't even thought about safety issues but with the all inclusive drinks it's for the best to close the beach after dark.
                    This gives me a good OOT bag gift idea: mini flashlights.
                    http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                    Erica and Tim
                    Dreams Tulum
                    Mexico
                    May 17, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users